Huffman at Silsbee Predictions

BADSANTA

Huffman managed a 1 point victory over a Legacy School for the physically impaired so if this is not an easy victory for the Tigers I’ll be surprised (again).  Legacy was soundly defeated by Splendora last year and they were terrible.  The score might be close to the Vidor debacle.  Depending on when the Tiger Coaches call off the dogs, I’d think minimum 21 points, and maximum whatever Silsbee wants it to be.  Year of the Tiger!

I'll take Silsbee in a close one at home over Huffman. 

Speaking of last year that Legacy School of Sports Sciences team must have gotten better as the year went on cause they won a state championship in whatever private school division they're in. But that was last year. 

Also this is Silsbee's Homecoming along with it being the first game at home, I don't think this one will go 100% smooth like last week. 

Their record last year was 5-5 so I’m not sure how significant that SC was.  But with all the hoopla surrounding HC & new turf, there could be some distractions.  And after what happened to Vidor, Crosby and Nederland, this may be the year of surprises.

15 hours ago, Hagar said:

Huffman managed a 1 point victory over a Legacy School for the physically impaired so if this is not an easy victory for the Tigers I’ll be surprised (again).  Legacy was soundly defeated by Splendora last year and they were terrible.  The score might be close to the Vidor debacle.  Depending on when the Tiger Coaches call off the dogs, I’d think minimum 21 points, and maximum whatever Silsbee wants it to be.  Year of the Tiger!

I wouldn't read too much into what Spring Legacy was last year. They have 3 D1 players on this years squad. I promise you Splendora doesn't wanna see them this year. That being said Silsbee is better for sure and is a tall order to say the least.

1 hour ago, FALCONS2026 said:

I wouldn't read too much into what Spring Legacy was last year. They have 3 D1 players on this years squad. I promise you Splendora doesn't wanna see them this year. That being said Silsbee is better for sure and is a tall order to say the least.

As a backer of this District, I hope the Falcons represents us well.  I thought the District was going to be stout this year but Vidor was complete disaster, and Ltown, even though they won, did not do so convincingly.  Maybe everyone will do better this week but Silsbee will be a tough test.

1 minute ago, raideroldtimer said:

True but in the mind a 42-28 win looks more like a blow out than a 14-0 victory. Same point difference bigger looking numbers.

Personally, I have never considered a 14 point win (regardless of score) a blowout. Too many factors involved.

I attended a game where one team led 35-0 going into the 4th Q. It was total domination by said team. They played the 4th with all their backup players and the other team scored 3 TD's to finish the game at 35-21. One could say that was a blowout (I would agree with that statement) only because of how the game was played.

I also saw a game where a team won 56-42. The losing team scored with 5 minutes left in game to cut the lead to 7 (49-42). Forced a 3 and out, got the ball back and drove down to the opponents 5 yard line with 25 seconds left on the clock. Next play was an interception that was returned 100 yards for TD. Game ended 56-42 but was far from being a blowout game. Both teams moved down the field against one another. In fact, the losing team actually had more offensive yards than the winning team. Kicking game and turnovers were the difference.

Just saying that 14 point wins, no matter if it's high scoring or not, is still too close to be considered a blowout in my opinion.

6 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I haven't forgotten 2015 when Huffman was Silsbee's prom queen and the Tigers blew a big lead in the fourth and gave away the win.  Silsbee ought to win this one, but I think it could be a trap game.  New turf, homecoming, just shelled Vidor... I can see the Tigers not being focused.  

I guess we'll 

Here you go 😂😂😂😂

12 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I haven't forgotten 2015 when Huffman was Silsbee's prom queen and the Tigers blew a big lead in the fourth and gave away the win.  Silsbee ought to win this one, but I think it could be a trap game.  New turf, homecoming, just shelled Vidor... I can see the Tigers not being focused.  

I guess we'll see. 

Silsbee never had a big lead in that game. Silsbee is the team that made a come back that fell just short losing by 3 points.