Kountze (12) @ Hull-Daisetta (22) FINAL

jdawg03

On 8/30/2022 at 8:22 AM, oldschool2 said:

I would have to say they're the most notorious on the forum.. any classification.  Definitely not because of the actual football team.  Certainly because some fans (not all) have no idea when to stop bragging about details that aren't worth bragging about to begin with.  For example: Beating Kountze.. It's yet to be determined whether or not that was a win worth the hype it's getting.  Yes, they went 7-4 LAST YEAR and made a playoff spot in a bigger classification.  HD didn't play them last year.  What if they go 0-10 or 1-9 this year?  Still a brag worthy win? Not in my opinion.

Just say good game and that you're happy/proud of the team.  We don't need the extra bullcrap about how big of a school they are and your overall record against them or anyone else.  Jeez.  That's why people are still cracking "4 horsemen" jokes several years after that statement was made.  

It's almost not fun anymore.....   Almost. 

No it’s still a lot of fun.  But I’m a dead horse (NOT horsemen) kind of guy…

49 minutes ago, GT409Setx said:

This Kountze team is one of the worst Kountze teams in program history, and that is saying a lot. 

Do not judge your teams season off of that win, trust me. 

I’ve seen the bad Kountze teams of the early 80’s….it would take a lot to top those teams…It was the first game of the season so I’d withhold crowning them worse ever until they get a few games under their belt…Best of luck to the Lions..

33 minutes ago, 88Warrior said:

I’ve seen the bad Kountze teams of the early 80’s….it would take a lot to top those teams…It was the first game of the season so I’d withhold crowning them worse ever until they get a few games under their belt…Best of luck to the Lions..

I understand. I am not talking about the first game of the season. I am talking about their team in general. The talent is not there and they are extremely young 

1 hour ago, JimAdler said:

When?  I only see them in the same district for a couple years in the early 2000's and once in the 80's -  Are you talking about pre 1975 ? 

Brother, Hardin and HD is one of the oldest rivalries in the state of Texas, goes back to the 1930’s. He is right, Hardin and HD were in district together all way up through the early 90’s. 

42 minutes ago, JohnRuthDomergue said:

Brother, Hardin and HD is one of the oldest rivalries in the state of Texas, goes back to the 1930’s. He is right, Hardin and HD were in district together all way up through the early 90’s. 

I am not arguing that they were rivals.  But, when I look back at the schools district for Hardin, they were only coupled with HD just a few times in the same district together.  By the way, HD owns the series record  46-9 overall.

21 minutes ago, JimAdler said:

I am not arguing that they were rivals.  But, when I look back at the schools district for Hardin, they were only coupled with HD just a few times in the same district together.  By the way, HD owns the series record  46-9 overall.

Yep, when my great grandpa, Grandpa, dad and myself played for HD, Hardin was in our District, it had been a minute since they were in our District. There were times through out the decades, Hardin moved out of HD’s district, then came back. 

3 hours ago, GT409Setx said:

This Kountze team is one of the worst Kountze teams in program history, and that is saying a lot. 

Do not judge your teams season off of that win, trust me. 

This is exactly why I would be careful to brag about this win just yet.. bigger school or not.  Playoff team last year or not.

1 hour ago, JohnRuthDomergue said:

Yep, when my great grandpa, Grandpa, dad and myself played for HD, Hardin was in our District, it had been a minute since they were in our District. There were times through out the decades, Hardin moved out of HD’s district, then came back. 

I am thinking that they were in same district from 40-79 roughly.  Only two times was HD and Hardin in the same district since 1980.

1 hour ago, JimAdler said:

HD may lose by 20 to Warren tonight.  That's my take, 3 TD's or so

They may.     And I don’t know how long HD was in Hardin district.  But last 30 years Hardin  always been a little bigger   HD - 2A. Hardin - 3A majority of the time. And Victorian and Broussard kid were a loss.  But there wasn’t anything HD could of done to keep them. 

The point is, when you’re backing a school that has few wins you enthusiastically celebrate the few you get.  When WOS gets a win - Ho-Hum, another win.  When a school like HD gets a win, especially against a bigger school, it’s party time.  I haven’t looked at last weeks Pickums, but I bet Kountze was overwhelmingly the favorite, so the HD fans want to celebrate.  Good for them, the Team, Coaches & school.

34 minutes ago, Hagar said:

The point is, when you’re backing a school that has few wins you enthusiastically celebrate the few you get.  When WOS gets a win - Ho-Hum, another win.  When a school like HD gets a win, especially against a bigger school, it’s party time.  I haven’t looked at last weeks Pickums, but I bet Kountze was overwhelmingly the favorite, so the HD fans want to celebrate.  Good for them, the Team, Coaches & school.

I wouldn’t quite say it’s party time beating  Kountze.  What HD is. And has been.  You have to start some where’s tho.  They exceeded expectations and got 1 W. Great job.  Doesn’t matter anymore.  Hasn’t since last Saturday morning. 

The bottom line, is HD was picked by 90% of people on this forum to lose to the bigger classification school Kountze. It was also common knowledge, HD was said to have a not so good team, maybe one of the most down teams in recent years, especially being without their whole backfield, 3 starters from last year that aren’t playing, then HD came out and upset Kountze by 10 points. 

Usually that upset win gets lots of congrats and claps, in this instance it got some boos and frowns… Lots of that is because of the hardcore HD fan base over the years, talking lots of smack on this forum, HD fans are very passionate and proud of where they are from. 

At the end of the day it was a good win for HD, that’s all, good start to week 1. We all know Kountze is a basketball school, not WOS or Katy, but a win is a win, especially when 90% of the folks picked you to lose lol.