The Son ain't the Father......

Austin1985

36 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

They picked Prosper off 3 times but neither sophomore QB could do anything,  Also, poor clock management on the last possession.  Not a good way to start the season with a home loss

In two of the last three years Prosper has made the 6A-R2 regional finals in both D1 and D2. Prosper is an exploding community with Austin Westlake-type athletes. They’re on that second tier of defensive teams around the state at the 6A level behind Westlake, North Shore, Katy and Duncanville. No shame at all in Trinity losing to Prosper, they even beat Allen last season giving them their first district loss in IDK how many years?

19 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

In two of the last three years Prosper has made the 6A-R2 regional finals in both D1 and D2. Prosper is an exploding community with Austin Westlake-type athletes. They’re on that second tier of defensive teams around the state at the 6A level behind Westlake, North Shore, Katy and Duncanville. No shame at all in Trinity losing to Prosper, they even beat Allen last season giving them their first district loss in IDK how many years?

I watched the game.   ET had plenty opportunities to put Prosper away.   Offense wasn't consistent.   Playing 2 sophomore QB's will do that.   

8 hours ago, Austin1985 said:

I watched the game.   ET had plenty opportunities to put Prosper away.   Offense wasn't consistent.   Playing 2 sophomore QB's will do that.   

That's an even better sign for Trinity then. If you can hold Prosper to 17 points without playing consistent offense that's a good sign Jr.'s defenses might be as good as Dad's one day. One thing for sure is that he has the personnel to do whatever he needs to.   

50 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

That's an even better sign for Trinity then. If you can hold Prosper to 17 points without playing consistent offense that's a good sign Jr.'s defenses might be as good as Dad's one day. One thing for sure is that he has the personnel to do whatever he needs to.   

Meh.  The announcers, I think both Trinity Grads and I know one of them coached under the elder Lineweaver, said they are running a new defense and I saw that.  Running a lot of odd man fronts which they were a even front defense for most of the time I have been watching them.  Prosper's QB made some bad throws and Trinity picked him.  I wasn't impressed with the Eagles passing game.  Their run game was a different story based on how Trinity was lined up

And again, with a minute 46 left in the game, there were some poor play calling and poor clock management on Trinity's part.  Also, they are going to have to pick one QB sooner or later.  Both are Sophomores

I've been watching ET since the '09 season but I also know your gangster 14.2 lol

5 hours ago, Austin1985 said:

Meh.  The announcers, I think both Trinity Grads and I know one of them coached under the elder Lineweaver, said they are running a new defense and I saw that.  Running a lot of odd man fronts which they were a even front defense for most of the time I have been watching them.  Prosper's QB made some bad throws and Trinity picked him.  I wasn't impressed with the Eagles passing game.  Their run game was a different story based on how Trinity was lined up

And again, with a minute 46 left in the game, there were some poor play calling and poor clock management on Trinity's part.  Also, they are going to have to pick one QB sooner or later.  Both are Sophomores

I've been watching ET since the '09 season but I also know your gangster 14.2 lol

My younger cousin played quarterback at Arlington Bowie from ‘06-‘08. I was going to college in East Texas so I would go watch as many of his games as I could his sophomore year. They lost in the first round his sophomore year so during the second round we all went to the Carroll vs Trinity game at Texas stadium. It was the greatest spectacle I’ve ever experienced in high school football. 

The next year Arlington Bowie actually plays Trinity in the regional final in the same location at Texas Stadium in yet another thriller and ends up losing on a late fumble. Trinity goes to state that year and while we’re watching the title game my girlfriend at the time goes “Yay, Coach Lineweaver is going to win another state championship!”. She then proceeds to tell me he was the coach when they won state at Commerce so I’ve always kind of checked on them since then. Her best friend, my kids’ “aunt” also lives in Bedford and has kids that will attend ET. They’re one of the more interesting  teams around the state with the Polynesian aspect. 

33 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

My younger cousin played quarterback at Arlington Bowie from ‘06-‘08. I was going to college in East Texas so I would go watch as many of his games as I could his sophomore year. They lost in the first round his sophomore year so during the second round we all went to the Carroll vs Trinity game at Texas stadium. It was the greatest spectacle I’ve ever experienced in high school football. 

The next year Arlington Bowie actually plays Trinity in the regional final in the same location at Texas Stadium in yet another thriller and ends up losing on a late fumble. Trinity goes to state that year and while we’re watching the title game my girlfriend at the time goes “Yay, Coach Lineweaver is going to win another state championship!”. She then proceeds to tell me he was the coach when they won state at Commerce so I’ve always kind of checked on them since then. Her best friend, my kids’ “aunt” also lives in Bedford and has kids that will attend ET. They’re one of the more interesting  teams around the state with the Polynesian aspect. 

I went to UTA from 85-87.  I remember when Bowie was closed.......

51 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Who's the DC there? 

I dunno.  I think he's new.  The color guy(as mentioned before, he coached under the elder Lineweaver) constantly says how they are mis-aligned and from that, giving up big plays.  And when you watch it, he's right.  Suppose to be a new, aggressive, defense

26 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

I dunno.  I think he's new.  The color guy(as mentioned before, he coached under the elder Lineweaver) constantly says how they are mis-aligned and from that, giving up big plays.  And when you watch it, he's right.  Suppose to be a new, aggressive, defense

Seems to me like they're trying to fix what wasn't broken.