Beaumont united at brazoswood

lcm93

Beaumont United vs. Brazoswood  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Pick Winner

• United
    • Brazoswood

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/26/2022 at 09:18 PM

9 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

If BU wins, and that's a big if, it wont be a blowout. Long trip to Hopper Field down the coast. 

This one is a toss up IMO. 

Why would you say that?  You haven’t even seen them in action.  Wait, so you’re judging them on a meaningless scrimmage?  🤷🏾‍♂️

15 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Why would you say that?  You haven’t even seen them in action.  Wait, so you’re judging them on a meaningless scrimmage?  🤷🏾‍♂️

I'm basing it off what the new HC at Brazoswood wants to do scheme wise, which is something BU traditionally has trouble handling, add in a 2hr+ bus ride there and yeah I predict trouble for BU. 

And to answer your question in bold: why would you state that a team would get ran off the field in a meaningless scrimmage? 

26 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I'm basing it off what the new HC at Brazoswood wants to do scheme wise, which is something BU traditionally has trouble handling, add in a 2hr+ bus ride there and yeah I predict trouble for BU. 

And to answer your question in bold: why would you state that a team would get ran off the field in a meaningless scrimmage? 

Vidor and silsbee got to make that trip to hopper field this season. To !! They play brazosport !!

Brazoswood 2021 Results- Overall 4-6 / 1-5 District Record

Lettermen R/L- 21/29

Returning Starters- Offense- 7    Defense- 5

2022 INFO-The Brazoswood  Bucs have a new head coach after the departure of Danny Youngs to Brenham, as Brazoswood brings in Joe Dale Cary who was the head coach at Hondo. Cary’s first goal will be to try and get the Buccaneers to the playoffs for the first time since 2012. There’s reason for optimism for the Bucs as seven starters are back on the offensive side of the ball led by speedy WR- Kade Bengston and QB- Issac Ponce. OL- Dawson Scott is a talented prospect up front and will anchor the offensive line. The strength of a young Brazoswood defense will be linebackers Croix Rivera and Ronnie Jones, who will anchor the front seven and will be counted on to provide senior leadership. Cary says the big question mark heading into 2022 will be inexperience along the defensive line.

Impact Players

LB- Croix Rivera- 6-1, 195,  4.6

LB- Ronnie Jones- 5-10, 215,  4.7

WR- Kade Bengston- 6-2, 190,  4.5

OL- Dawson Scott- 6-3, 270

QB- Isaac Ponce- 6-0, 185,  4.6

TE- Riker Blank- 6-0, 205,  4.8

DB- Danner Bowles- 6-2, 175,  4.5

LB- Caleb Warren- 6-3, 215,  4.7

DB- Jose Trevino- 6-1, 170,  4.5

Man, I kind of thought y'all were just messing with Soulja? Brazoswood is bad to borderline awful. Maybe the new coach there helps but CB has been so bad lately it's tough for them to get non-district gams with decent teams, that's why they've been playing Santa Fe so much in recent years. I think their last win over a winning team may have been against Angleton one of the years we played them a while back?

If BU loses this one it's probably time to roll the basketballs out. CB is so short on personnel at the 6A level that BU should be able to out-athlete them with just relatively competent coaching.  

17 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Man, I kind of thought y'all were just messing with Soulja? Brazoswood is bad to borderline awful. Maybe the new coach there helps but CB has been so bad lately it's tough for them to get non-district gams with decent teams, that's why they've been playing Santa Fe so much in recent years. I think their last win over a winning team may have been against Angleton one of the years we played them a while back?

If BU loses this one it's probably time to roll the basketballs out. CB is so short on personnel at the 6A level that BU should be able to out-athlete them with just relatively competent coaching.  

Why you think they're playing BU? 😂