*SETXsports.com Rankings After Week 10*

KFDM COOP

Big School (5A-4A)

1. West Brook

2. Lumberton

3. Dayton

4. PNG

Lumberton ahead of Dayton & PNG is pushing it. I know they beat Dayton blah blah blah but if they played today to you actually think they would win?? seriously. Port Neches beat Lumberton and lost to Dayton but the game meant nothing to them in the big scheme of things. I know you cant please everyone but there is no way Lumberton is the second best big school in the area.....no way.

mine would be:

1. WB

2. Dayton

3. PNG

4. Lumberton

This is just my opinion and nothing more. You guys do a great job and are great for HS sports in SETX so keep up the good work.

I agree with PNG1992

Lumberton ahead of Dayton & PNG is pushing it. I know they beat Dayton blah blah blah but if they played today to you actually think they would win?? seriously. Port Neches beat Lumberton and lost to Dayton but the game meant nothing to them in the big scheme of things. I know you cant please everyone but there is no way Lumberton is the second best big school in the area.....no way.

mine would be:

1. WB

2. Dayton

3. PNG

4. Lumberton

This is just my opinion and nothing more. You guys do a great job and are great for HS sports in SETX so keep up the good work.

What do we have to do to earn respect here?

If they played Dayton today blab blab blab and yeah, if we played PNG today it would be a different story.  I get the feeling from "some" that anything short of a State championship for Lumberton, we still would have doubters - shhhhesish.  Remember Big MO is on our side too.

Congrats Dayton and PNG for the 6-1 ditrict record and playoff births - Good Luck

Guest FPHS 78

Get stark orange west outta Kelly's way!!!

using the old, tried and true they beat we beat theory........pius beats bay city, bay city beats ws-o, kelly beats pius= Kelly Numero uno

Guest beards_bro

mine would be:

1. WB

2. Dayton

3. PNG

4. Lumberton

Sounds like some haters are in tha house once again. Hate on Tha Train all u want but at the end of the day we are the only team in district to beat Dayton this year and that is something that the Indians could not do, whether it was in week 1 or now doesn't matter. All that I keep hearing from Dayton & now PNG fans is that they keep on saying well if Lumberton played Dayton right now then they would lose...well you know what, we don't play them now, we played them already and we took care of business when we had to, and got the W and Dayton got the L...that is the reality. I think if we played the Indians right now on a neutral field we would win but we can't play them..we already had are chance..that is the reality. I keep on hearing all of these IF this & If that...none of that matters. All that matters is that Lumberton is a District Co-Champ along with PNG & Dayton and there is nothing anyone can do to take that away from L-Train.

mine would be:

1.) WB

2.) L-Train

3.) Dayton

4.) PNG

or maybe:

1.) Lumberton

2.) L-Train

3.) L-Town Stunna's

4.) Raiders

This is just my opinion and nothing more. You guys do a great job.

Like they said before..you can't please everyone with these rankings, but I think they are right on.

What do we have to do to earn respect here?

If they played Dayton today blab blab blab and yeah, if we played PNG today it would be a different story.  I get the feeling from "some" that anything short of a State championship for Lumberton, we still would have doubters - shhhhesish.  Remember Big MO is on our side too.

Congrats Dayton and PNG for the 6-1 ditrict record and playoff births - Good Luck

there's nothing wrong with not being as good as dayton.  they're a great team.  you guys have had a heck of a year, and ya'll upset dayton as well, but that doesn't mean that ya'll are the better team.  i'd probably put ya'll at three.  there is no doubt in my mind (or just about anyone elses) that dayton is the best 4a school in the area. just look at what they did to pn-g and nederland.  ya'll have earned your fair share of respect this year.  in fact, with them putting you at #2 in this poll,  they're probably giving you a little too much respect.  you have to realize that just because someone is praising another team, this doesn't mean that they are trying to disrespect your team.  And as for Big Mo being on your side, i would say that dayton has the advantage there as well, with a 6 game winning streak, and having outscored nederland and png a combined 103-7 the last two weeks.  Ya'll lost to pn-g, and put up about half of what dayton did to nederland during the last three weeks (and didn't exactly smoke LCM).  Ya'll were the better team in week one, but right now, dayton is the better team.  Just my opinion, but it's an opinion probably shared by a lot of people on here.

In a three way tie....

Dayton - 1 + 18 = + 17

Lumberton + 1 - 7 = - 6

PN-G + 7 - 18 = - 11

Westbrook is #1

Dayton should be #2

PN-G beat Lumerton so they should be placed ahead of them.

PN-G #3

Lumberton #4

All three teams are great teams, but the facts are clear that the Broncos are playing the best football around here, maybe even in this region.

Guest beards_bro

In a three way tie....

Dayton - 1 + 18 = + 17

Lumberton + 1 - 7 = - 6

PN-G + 7 - 18 = - 11

Westbrook is #1

Dayton should be #2

PN-G beat Lumerton so they should be placed ahead of them.

PN-G #3

Lumberton #4

All three teams are great teams, but the facts are clear that the Broncos are playing the best football around here, maybe even in this region.

If you are basing your #4 ranking of Lumberton on their loss to PNG then you should base your ranking of Dayton on their loss to Lumberton. That's only fair isn't it. It doesn't make any sense the way you have it.

Personally I think the ranking should be WB, Dayton, PNG, then Lumberton. WB is the biggest school and is playing well right now. Dayton probably could give WB a good game. PNG did beat Lumberton. They probably are close in who would beat who but I still think PNG is a little bit stronger than Lumberton. I believe Dayton would beat Lumberton about as bad as they beat PNG.

If you are basing your #4 ranking of Lumberton on their loss to PNG then you should base your ranking of Dayton on their loss to Lumberton. That's only fair isn't it. It doesn't make any sense the way you have it.

This is the way the teams "should have" been ranked according to the rules agreed to on Thursday.

When you have a three way tie, the only FAIR way to do it is on a point system that compares what the three teams did against each other.

Does it make sense to have....

1. Westbrook

2. Lumberton

3. Dayton

4. PN-G

when PN-G beat Lumberton?

That's not fair to PN-G is it...

Obviously these rankings DON'T matter.

What matters is that from this week on at least one of the Beaumont area schools starts a 5 or six game winning streak!

We need one of our schools this year to get  to at least the semifinals.

Get stark orange west outta Kelly's way!!!

using the old, tried and true they beat we beat theory........pius beats bay city, bay city beats ws-o, kelly beats pius= Kelly Numero uno

I agree with you, especially after what you guys did to Sulphur, I don't see the paper chain gang defense being able to handle them like ya'll did. The only reason WOS is ranked ahead of you guys is the so called mystique that Dan Hooks seems to generate. Go Kelly, Go Lumberton, take state.......BTW for all you Lumberton naysayers, everyone has an off game here and there, if Lumberton were to play Dayton or PNG today as tight as they played against Nederland Friday I would pick Lumberton all the way......

I agree with you, especially after what you guys did to Sulphur, I don't see the paper chain gang defense being able to handle them like ya'll did. The only reason WOS is ranked ahead of you guys is the so called mystique that Dan Hooks seems to generate. Go Kelly, Go Lumberton, take state.......BTW for all you Lumberton naysayers, everyone has an off game here and there, if Lumberton were to play Dayton or PNG today as tight as they played against Nederland Friday I would pick Lumberton all the way......

kelly cannot compete with wos....end of story ;)

Sulphur lost in the first round of the playoffs THIS year.  They were goodLAST year.  You can't expect to play in TAAPS and have anyone fear you.  The competition is just not there.  However, Kelly is good this year.  How good?  That could be debated for eternity.  They don't beat WB, WOS or the top 4a schools.

Guest FPHS 78

Sulphur lost in the first round of the playoffs THIS year.  They were goodLAST year.  You can't expect to play in TAAPS and have anyone fear you.  The competition is just not there.  However, Kelly is good this year.  How good?  That could be debated for eternity.  They don't beat WB, WOS or the top 4a schools.

so, if/when stark orange west loses in the playoffs, does that mean they arent any good? no, Kelly wouldnt beat wb, the others , they could play with.... you have a magic crystal ball saying s-ow would win..I DONT THINK SO, TIM. this too could be debated for eternity..i think they'd beat orange-stark west this year..you dont.big whoop.we are undefeated, yall arent..undefeated should be on top of any poll

You can't expect to play in TAAPS and have anyone fear you.  are we supposed to fear s-ow? shah.......FEAR THE DAWG

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder