5AD1 District 8 and Region 2 discussion.

Cougtalk

After watching the district play out this year I’ll give my non-biased opinion. Barbers Hill can make it 3 rounds for sure because they are the most complete when healthy. PAM has a lot of talent but something is missing.  You can’t come out struggle with teams you should dominate and then turn on the switch.  They get off to that signature slow start in the playoffs, it could be over before you know it.  LaPorte is scrappy, tricky, and doesn’t back down so it depends on their matchup, but a disciplined defense that stays home could give them fits. Then it’s whoever faces Longview(Porter), you guys had a good season!  Good luck to all and don’t take it personal, is just an opinion. 2-2 maybe 1-3.

Just now, CougarCal said:

After watching the district play out this year I’ll give my non-biased opinion. Barbers Hill can make it 3 rounds for sure because they are the most complete when healthy. PAM has a lot of talent but something is missing.  You can’t come out struggle with teams you should dominate and then turn on the switch.  They get off to that signature slow start in the playoffs, it could be over before you know it.  LaPorte is scrappy, tricky, and doesn’t back down so it depends on their matchup, but a disciplined defense that stays home could give them fits. Then it’s whoever faces Longview(Porter), you guys had a good season!  Good luck to all and don’t take it personal, is just an opinion. 2-2 maybe 1-3.

I agree with this 100% 

2 hours ago, CougarCal said:

Good evaluation. It’s close to my bias opinion 😀 I think BH is the most complete team and PAM is the most raw talent team in the district.LP can cause match up problems, just ask BH. I mentioned once that they seem to be to BH how Vidor was to Crosby. Can’t explain it, but they give us fits. I hope we all three represent in the 1st round well. 

3 hours ago, CougarCal said:

I agree with this assessment but hoping for a Cinderella story for BH.  I believe if LaPorte can sustain long drives and keep the football away from the opposing offense, they can sneak up and beat many a playoff team. PAM, it depends on who shows up. You take away the swag, you get what BH did to them last Friday. They have to find a way to keep it for 4 qtrs. Good luck to all from District 8. 

2 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Good evaluation. It’s close to my bias opinion 😀 I think BH is the most complete team and PAM is the most raw talent team in the district.LP can cause match up problems, just ask BH. I mentioned once that they seem to be to BH how Vidor was to Crosby. Can’t explain it, but they give us fits. I hope we all three represent in the 1st round well. 

In my defense I didn’t read your biased opinion.  After it gets solidified Friday I will give my ever important predictions everyone is on the edge of their seats for.  Hopefully y’all get a decent draw.

While their styles are different, the top three teams are primed to make a run. If anyone could go more than 3 rounds, I'd have to give PA the slight advantage over the other number 1s. Seeding is everything and if all BH and PA win then we can argue that PA may have the best path to the regional final. Something is telling me not to sleep on LaPorte as that running game is STRONG. 

At the end of the day, I can see all three meeting up in some form or fashion, of course that means that a region semi and a region final could have any of these three teams involved. It's going to be a fun playoff run y'all! Limited luck to LP and PAM...ALL THE LUCK TO BH! :) 

The most dangerous game of the 4 will be BH versus Lancaster. Lancaster is finally healthy and rolling. Of all the teams in your district, BH is the one that is built to beat them. But BH is going to have to play a solid and consistent game to put them away. I see BH winning by 14-21. If they let Lancaster hang around or have trouble with Lancaster's talent, it could be interesting.

The only thing that could change that is if Lufkin pulls the upset tonight which would surprise me. 

3 minutes ago, kingwolf1 said:

The most dangerous game of the 4 will be BH versus Lancaster. Lancaster is finally healthy and rolling. Of all the teams in your district, BH is the one that is built to beat them. But BH is going to have to play a solid and consistent game to put them away. I see BH winning by 14-21. If they let Lancaster hang around or have trouble with Lancaster's talent, it could be interesting.

The only thing that could change that is if Lufkin pulls the upset tonight which would surprise me. 

Thank you!💪🏾

Really looking forward to these first round matchups. The defenses in our district have seen some really good running games. It will be interesting to see how they matchup in the first round.

Play-off teams

McKinney North RB Jayden Walker – Army (going to West Point)

Lancaster RB Kewan Lacy – Nebraska

Forney RB Javian Osborne – offers from USC, Texas, Oklahoma, Washington

Longview RB Taylor Tatum – Oklahoma

Non play-off teams

Lufkin RB Kedren Young – Notre Dame

Tyler High RB/WR Derrick McFall – UCLA

40 minutes ago, kingwolf1 said:

Really looking forward to these first round matchups. The defenses in our district have seen some really good running games. It will be interesting to see how they matchup in the first round.

Play-off teams

McKinney North RB Jayden Walker – Army (going to West Point)

Lancaster RB Kewan Lacy – Nebraska

Forney RB Javian Osborne – offers from USC, Texas, Oklahoma, Washington

Longview RB Taylor Tatum – Oklahoma

Non play-off teams

Lufkin RB Kedren Young – Notre Dame

Tyler High RB/WR Derrick McFall – UCLA

Lacy decommitted.