5AD1 District 8 and Region 2 discussion.

Cougtalk

On 10/17/2023 at 6:14 PM, AledoAlumni said:

Yeah but during the playoffs don't coaches agree on a officiating crew? They could get a crew from west or central Texas. Shouldn't be a problem. 

Yep. If BH happens to end up 3rd I am FAR more worried about Forney and their recent move-ins than I am about whatever refs happen to be assigned. Forney at their home is going to be real tough for whoever they get.  

My opinion is Forney isn’t that much better. Looks like the District took a dive this year compared to last. Lancaster not as good and Longview on paper should be better than they are playing. I think we will match up with that district pretty well. I think our top three have all improved this year in PAM, BH and LP . This is a homer POV , but we will soon find out.

1 hour ago, BHFAN said:

My opinion is Forney isn’t that much better. Looks like the District took a dive this year compared to last. Lancaster not as good and Longview on paper should be better than they are playing. I think we will match up with that district pretty well. I think our top three have all improved this year in PAM, BH and LP . This is a homer POV , but we will soon find out.

Honestly, our district going into playoffs will be

1. PAM

2. LP

3. BH

4. Porter

Not sure who we all match up with though

probably

1. Longview

2. McKinney North

3. Forney

4. Tyler High

3 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

Honestly, our district going into playoffs will be

1. PAM

2. LP

3. BH

4. Porter

Not sure who we all match up with though

probably

1. Longview

2. McKinney North

3. Forney

4. Tyler High

Lancaster will be 4th. Lancaster already beat Tyler. Tyler plays Longview and Forney for it's last 2 games. Lancaster plays NM and LP. 

Just now, TradenupBH said:

Timberview didn’t impress me last year. BH really should’ve won that game. They’re beatable.

That's why I said in our game thread 2 seed might be the easier path but it's still a tough one. 

They beat someone 90-0 last week. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I'm thinking 2-2. Not sure anyone from this district beating Longview or Forney in a 1st round game this season on the road (if Forney beats McNorth today)

It probably comes down to matchups in the 2-3, 3-2 games.  How is the tie-breaker looking in our district?

Just now, CougarCal said:

It probably comes down to matchups in the 2-3, 3-2 games.  How is the tie-breaker looking in our district?

I have absolutely no clue how it works in our district, was trying to find out last night but didn't get a response back. 

But it's a moot point if good ole Crosby handles business today 😁