I Knew This Was Coming!

Reagan

On 10/20/2021 at 10:27 AM, Reagan said:

Good for him!!

This is the hidden content, please

It sounds good… but the United States Supreme Court has already ruled that vaccinationsq can be ordered by the state and against private citizens, much less actual state employees. Of course he might have state law on his side which can be more restrictive. He also might try discrimination as in the governor ordered it from state employees but not everyone else. That does not fit any federal statute that I have ever heard of (discrimination for sex, age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, pregnancy) but who knows about the state.

While  I sympathize with his case,I don’t know how successful he will be except going after deep pockets. The state and the university may decide to settle for a fee rather than taking years to fight it in court. That is many times the tactics of lawyers. You don’t have to prove your case, you just have to make winning cost more than losing.

Maybe he will win, maybe he will get a settlement rather than the state spending thousands or millions of dollars to fight it but the idea of him making millions of dollars seems far-fetched in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

After the dust settles, I would think he would be lucky to recoup even what amounts to a year’s salary. And if successful, the university he is suing would certainly be covered by GL insurance for such instances. They’ll never notice the hit. 

Yep especially in such a liberal state.

2 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

After the dust settles, I would think he would be lucky to recoup even what amounts to a year’s salary. And if successful, the university he is suing would certainly be covered by GL insurance for such instances. They’ll never notice the hit. 

True, but it sets precedent.