Vidor vs Splendora

Hagar

On 10/5/2021 at 10:29 AM, Boneyard Boys said:

When Vidor gets to running their hurry up run plays where they sprint to the line and quick snap it, that sure makes it hard to keep up. Sometimes I get a play or two behind but always seem to find a spot to catch up. All I know is one thing, Armadillo Lives Matter! And Vidor is going to win Friday night… so that’s 2 things. I know TWO THINGS! ✌️

Hurry up and run makes a lot of sense in running that style of offense of ball control limited possessions and so forth.  But they are winning can’t argue that.

I would like updates so maybe just update 1st downs, passes and scoring plays. 

3 minutes ago, Pot Stirrer said:

Hurry up and run makes a lot of sense in running that style of offense of ball control limited possessions and so forth.  But they are winning can’t argue that.

i'll try to update the best i can.

6 hours ago, Pot Stirrer said:

Passes?  What is that?  Lol, Splendora will probably throw some.  Vidor’s only had one “passing game” in the last few years (decades?).  It was the 2019 game with Crosby.  Went & watched Recap video on MaxPreps again.  Still boggles the mind.  First that Vidor won.  Second that the Crosby Coach (DC?) never adjusted his defense.  And third, and most shocking, that Vidor passed so much, and looked like they knew what they were doing.  Although the Slot T gets mucho bad reviews on here, I still contend that if you can insert a decent passing attack in that offense it would be very hard to stop.  I think Pleasant Groves does that. Folks call it boring.  Imo, any offense that repeatedly does the same thing could be considered boring, whether it’s run, run, run or pass, pass, pass.  I just wish Vidor would throw, at least 5 or 6 passes a game. Anyway, just my opinion which monetary wise, that and a dollar won’t get you a decent cup of coffee.

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

I’m going to try Texan Live.  Never watched it before & don’t even know the cost.  Plus, I’m no computer whiz so I might end up watching Saddle Knob play Buffalo Dung in Wyoming.  😂😂🤣😂😂

I think it’s $10 plus tax a month for the subscription, cancel anytime or it’s like $8 plus tax per game. Splendora and I think LCM and Huffman will be streaming on Texan Live. It’s not a bad way to watch a game you can’t make in person.

1 hour ago, BHFAN said:

Keep on rolling Vidor!

Sorry to see BH lose last Friday.  I’d been watching the thread, and crazy me, I thought y’all had it locked up.  My head did a 360 when I saw the final.  Just know you must have been looking for Rolaids, Alka-Seltzer or Jack Daniels.  But water under the bridge.  Good luck Friday.

I know you are addressing BHFAN, but I am far more concerned with the overall trajectory of the BH program, than one isolated district game. The reason the Crosby posters have gone nuts gloating over their win is because they have an intense jealousy / hate of Barbers Hill and Mont Belvieu, that goes far beyond sports. The fact that BH has won 2X State Championships within the last 6 months have driven them absolutely mad. On top of that, they are terrified that the new BH coach will build Eagles football to achieve more. 

Crosby ought to be more concerned with the behavior of their coach, and staying out of the Houston news headlines. Their ISD was essentially bankrupt a short time ago, so much so that even their own Superintendent stated "the very existence of Crosby ISD could be called into question." It puts a single football game into perspective. Also, Crosby ISD just made the Houston news again, today. I'll leave it at that!     

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Sorry to see BH lose last Friday.  I’d been watching the thread, and crazy me, I thought y’all had it locked up.  My head did a 360 when I saw the final.  Just know you must have been looking for Rolaids, Alka-Seltzer or Jack Daniels.  But water under the bridge.  Good luck Friday.

Glad to see Vidor doing well! I was really surprised with the outcome of last season knowing the competition that you brought in our district. Sounds like was messing around with the pistol and getting away from the Wing T, but now Vidor is back to what makes them tough to prepare for. Good luck to the Pirates hoping to see a DC in Pirate land👍

50 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

I know you are addressing BHFAN, but I am far more concerned with the overall trajectory of the BH program, than one isolated district game. The reason the Crosby posters have gone nuts gloating over their win is because they have an intense jealousy / hate of Barbers Hill and Mont Belvieu, that goes far beyond sports. The fact that BH has won 2X State Championships within the last 6 months have driven them absolutely mad. On top of that, they are terrified that the new BH coach will build Eagles football to achieve more. 

Crosby ought to be more concerned with the behavior of their coach, and staying out of the Houston news headlines. Their ISD was essentially bankrupt a short time ago, so much so that even their own Superintendent stated "the very existence of Crosby ISD could be called into question." It puts a single football game into perspective. Also, Crosby ISD just made the Houston news again, today. I'll leave it at that!     

I saw/read the news!

1 hour ago, BHFAN said:

Glad to see Vidor doing well! I was really surprised with the outcome of last season knowing the competition that you brought in our district. Sounds like was messing around with the pistol and getting away from the Wing T, but now Vidor is back to what makes them tough to prepare for. Good luck to the Pirates hoping to see a DC in Pirate land👍

We're a little undersized this year, but their heart makes up for this season and it's what makes them hard to beat. I know the Pirate faithful appreciate all the luck and well wishes. Good luck to the Eagles this Friday against the Injuns!

12 hours ago, Pot Stirrer said:

They usually do it when the defense is on their heels and wore out. It can be mid game not necessarily in hurry up situations. So I guess it’s more of a pound the defense kind of thing instead of a clock management tool.

11 hours ago, piratevillain said:

Yup, it's basically what Nole said. Its definitely not bad way to watch it, and it's pretty simple to sign up and subscribe. 

I’ll be relying on your post, lol.  As I suspected, TL won’t let me on.  Figured there would be an IT catch.  They don’t set these sites up for dinosaurs.  Talks about Twitter, and I’m not on it.  Talks about browsers, which I’ve no idea what that is.  Talks about 3rd Party cookies & cakes - again, no idea.  Lol, made it 76 years without TL, guess I’ll finish my short time left without it.

26 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I’ll be relying on your post, lol.  As I suspected, TL won’t let me on.  Figured there would be an IT catch.  They don’t set these sights up for dinosaurs.  Talks about Twitter, and I’m not on it.  Talks about browsers, which I’ve no idea what that is.  Talks about 3rd Party cookies & cakes - again, no idea.  Lol, made it 76 years without TL, guess I’ll finish my short time left without it.

I gotcha ole friend! 

don't feel bad though, i don't know what cookies are either.😂

40 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

I gotcha ole friend! 

don't feel bad though, i don't know what cookies are either.😂

Looked up instructions for enabling 3rd Party Cookies on Apple IPad.  Looks like mine is correct, but still no-go.  Computers & I have a love/hate relationship.  I love to hate’em.  😂😂😂

17 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Looked up instructions for enabling 3rd Party Cookies on Apple IPad.  Looks like mine is correct, but still no-go.  Computers & I have a love/hate relationship.  I love to hate’em.  😂😂😂

I think we all have that love/hate relationship with technology.😂😂

Do you have Roku? If you do, you can add the TL channel and watch that way. That's how I watch games instead of my phone and tablet.

14 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

I think we all have that love/hate relationship with technology.😂😂

Do you have Roku? If you do, you can add the TL channel and watch that way. That's how I watch games instead of my phone and tablet.

Do I have Roku?  Lmbo, too funny pv.  I barely have SETXSPORTS.  I’m glad to see you still have a sense of humor.  😂😂🤣🤣😂😂