Vidor @ Brazosport.

piratevillain

At first glance Brazosport could be easily overlooked.  On opening weekend they were defeated by Sealy 43-14, and were idle this past Friday.  But Sealy came back and  defeated Navasota 40-30, so it appears they’re solid.  I suspect Brazosport will give the Pirates all they want.  I anticipate a close ball game.

24 minutes ago, Hagar said:

At first glance Brazosport could be easily overlooked.  On opening weekend they were defeated by Sealy 43-14, and were idle this past Friday.  But Sealy came back and  defeated Navasota 40-30, so it appears they’re solid.  I suspect Brazosport will give the Pirates all they want.  I anticipate a close ball game.

Im expecting the same type of game out of Brazosport myself. I know they returned their QB from last season as well and he's only a junior.

2 hours ago, piratevillain said:

Im expecting the same type of game out of Brazosport myself. I know they returned their QB from last season as well and he's only a junior.

As I remember, he was very mobil and a weapon by himself.  And their defense had us stymied, but maybe we were running that dumb offense as opposed to the QB under center.  But that was a year ago & my memory is iffy at best, lol.

6 hours ago, Hagar said:

As I remember, he was very mobil and a weapon by himself.  And their defense had us stymied, but maybe we were running that dumb offense as opposed to the QB under center.  But that was a year ago & my memory is iffy at best, lol.

You’re selling yourself short pal... correct on all points. I feel like our offense is clicking much better this season but the D isn’t up to par just yet. Although they made some positional changes and tweaked the depth chart a little last week and it seemed to help the secondary. I think Bport will be able to score though, we held HE without any big play TDs but I don’t think we can do the same vs BPs quarterback. I expect another shootout and if our offense keeps moving the ball the way we have I expect the BP defense to get worn out at the end of the game. Give me the Pirates something like 35-31 but I won’t be making the road trip to this game. Hopefully someone keeps us updated with the score at least, I’ll be checking the board. Go Pirates, bring it back home 3-0!

I agree, the offense this season can definitely play keep away than last year and they haven't been behind the sticks that often either, just as long as we can find that damn handle for the football we'll be okay.😅 But the defense looked better, and they even blitzed more on key situational downs which was nice to see. 

This is probably is one of the few road games I might not make. But I can definitely get score updates on the game cause I'll have some family going.

13 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

You’re selling yourself short pal... correct on all points. I feel like our offense is clicking much better this season but the D isn’t up to par just yet. Although they made some positional changes and tweaked the depth chart a little last week and it seemed to help the secondary. I think Bport will be able to score though, we held HE without any big play TDs but I don’t think we can do the same vs BPs quarterback. I expect another shootout and if our offense keeps moving the ball the way we have I expect the BP defense to get worn out at the end of the game. Give me the Pirates something like 35-31 but I won’t be making the road trip to this game. Hopefully someone keeps us updated with the score at least, I’ll be checking the board. Go Pirates, bring it back home 3-0!

If this game is not on Texanlive I remember the bad guys have a radio station. I hope we will be able to watch it though.

On 9/5/2021 at 9:59 PM, piratevillain said:

I agree, the offense this season can definitely play keep away than last year and they haven't been behind the sticks that often either, just as long as we can find that damn handle for the football we'll be okay.😅 But the defense looked better, and they even blitzed more on key situational downs which was nice to see. 

This is probably is one of the few road games I might not make. But I can definitely get score updates on the game cause I'll have some family going.

Will the JV be playing Brazosport tonight?

On 9/6/2021 at 12:37 PM, Hagar said:

I think we’ll be able to listen here.

This is the hidden content, please

This link is for Brazoswood.  I haven’t found a good link.

Best as I can tell, Brazoswood is in the Brazosport ISD, and Brazosport is in the Freeport ISD.  Way to confusing for this old man.

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

This link is for Brazoswood.  I haven’t found a good link.

Best as I can tell, Brazoswood is in the Brazosport ISD, and Brazosport is in the Freeport ISD.  Way to confusing for this old man.

I noticed that too once I started listening, it confused this young whipper snapper too.😂