Why Can't High School players celebrate after a TD?

Guest Wildcat 08

Between the celebrations and the commercials, i am about done with NFL, come on a team is down by 30 points, a player on the losing team makes a tackle (for no gain) and gets up celebrating, come on it ridiculous

Yeah, the player has been having it handed to him the whole game, makes the tackle with two minutes left, and gets up shaking his head like, "Don't bring that stuff over here"!!! LMAO

I'm all for a little celebration.  High school football is the most pure form of the sport IMO, and the love that the kids have for the game is probably greater here than any other level.  You have kids playing the game that they love knowing that most of them will never play at a higher level.  I think if they want to show a little excitement after a score, they ought to be able to do it.

Tell your kids to act like they have been there before. There is a lot of time to celebrate after the game is over!!! win with class

well, what if they haven't?  or what if it's a game winner?  i'm not advocating group dancing and spiking the ball, or pulling a chad johnson for that matter, but it seems like high school officials have one hand waiting on the flag whenever a player gets into the endzone.

In my opinion, the celebration has gotten out of hand at the pro level. The "reason" behind football being played in intermediate and high school is to teach kids morals, sportsmanship, discipline, etc. Allowing them to taunt the other team is kind of going against all of that. Pro Football, on the other hand, is played solely for entertainment, and dancing is entertaining, I suppose. Anything to spice things up and raise ratings, even if it changes the integrity of the game.

Guest WeedBegone

In my opinion, the celebration has gotten out of hand at the pro level. The "reason" behind football being played in intermediate and high school is to teach kids morals, sportsmanship, discipline, etc. Allowing them to taunt the other team is kind of going against all of that. Pro Football, on the other hand, is played solely for entertainment, and dancing is entertaining, I suppose. Anything to spice things up and raise ratings, even if it changes the integrity of the game.

What are you celebrating for.  Its the main objective to score --that is what you practice for day in and day out.  Why act surprised.  Get off the field so the other players can get on and do what they practice to do.

Besides---10 other players, coaches on the field, scouts in the press box, trainers, teachers in the class, mom who made you eat your veggies, dad who made you quit crying when you got a bo bo,  cheerleaders who distracted the defense, the band, the fans, and the almighty himself, had a job to do to enable you to get the opportunity to score.  Be thankful. 

Guest dailynews

well, what if they haven't?  or what if it's a game winner?  i'm not advocating group dancing and spiking the ball, or pulling a chad johnson for that matter, but it seems like high school officials have one hand waiting on the flag whenever a player gets into the endzone.

I agree with you there are certain situations that might deserve a celebration. I am not saying kids shouldnt get excited but they should not take it to extremes and rubb it in the other teams face. I am all about kids getting excited when they do good things but dont get out of control.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder