What a good representation......Olympics

5GallonBucket

No doubt when we first started participating in the Olympics, no one could ever imagine any of our athletes disrespecting the US (still hard for me to understand).  Now that so many of our citizens hate America, they need a rule denying participation by anyone who will do so, or has done so in the past.  It isn’t rocket science.

3 hours ago, thetragichippy said:

First amendment does not protect you from work, only Government from punishing you.

You would get fired if you were hired as a Wal Mart door greeter and told everyone Wal Mart sucks as they came in.....

Yep. Everybody has a right to protest in “almost” any manner that they wish and to be free from government interference. That free from interference does not apply to private organizations, companies, individuals, etc.

I said almost any manner because they were always “fighting words” that could be held as unlawful as noted in Chaplinsky v. New Hampshire. The right of freedom of speech, religion, assembly and the press comes with imitations. 

53 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

Huh? I’m giving an example….

she is representing the usa through a privately funded entity, they can kick her  

My reason for saying straw man is, none of you are taking into account, the person in question is first a "POC" and second "female".

That is my reasoning for the straw man comment.

39 minutes ago, Derf Nosneb said:

My reason for saying straw man is, none of you are taking into account, the person in question is first a "POC" and second "female".

Do you honestly think we would have a different opinion if it was a white male that did the same thing?

1 hour ago, Derf Nosneb said:

I think you may be conflating "can they" with "will they."

Can they?  Of course they can.  There is no legal impediment to the USOPC dismissing her from the Olympic team?

Will they?  Which I think is what you are getting at.  Sadly, you are probably right. In an age where corporate virtue signaling is cool, the committee would probably, privately anyway, figure that the hit in PR that it shouldn't, but will, receive and potential loss of funding from the virtue signaling corporations isn't worth it.  They will then justify keeping her by some statement that is, in itself, virtue signaling.

47 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Of course, perhaps the most ironic way to handle it is keep her on the team and select her to carry the flag at the opening ceremony.

Or even more bizarre would be if POTUS came out and supported her.

Oh wait, he did and stated how proud he was of her.

1 hour ago, Chester86 said:

Another article:

This is the hidden content, please

The last “tweet” they posted from her she stated, “I love my people.”  I am going to infer from her other comments that she is not talking about Americans in general.

You can take it to the bank.

If this were Russia or North Korea she would never be heard from again.  Here in America, the land of the free, she is free to espouse her views.  It cracks me up that people feel they need to make these grandiose political statements.  It also cracks me up that people can’t see when you disrespect the flag how the overwhelming majority will take offense to it.  The reason they do it in the first place - attention…..the “look at me” generation (selfies, Tik-Tok, Instachat and Snapgram, etc).  

2 minutes ago, Chester86 said:

If this were Russia or North Korea she would never be heard from again.  Here in America, the land of the free, she is free to espouse her views.  It cracks me up that people feel they need to make these grandiose political statements.  It also cracks me up that people can’t see when you disrespect the flag how the overwhelming majority will take offense to it.  The reason they do it in the first place - attention…..the “look at me” generation (selfies, Tik-Tok, Instachat and Snapgram, etc).  

Thats the point of a good protest. Nobody have to agree with her.

37 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

This ain’t Russia or North Korea. USA citizens are free to protest/criticize its government. No where has she stated she hates the USA. She’s doing the most American thing she can do exercising her 1st amendment. How that translates to she must hate America?

Then why choose to represent America in the Olympic s?