****NEDERLAND VS LUMBERTON/WHO TAKES FINAL PLAYOFF SPOT?*****

Guest JoesBros

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LCMyesterdayPNGtoday

have to go with Ned on this one, will be a tight one.  about the noise level, even if you are losing your butts, stand on your feet and holler and let those boys know your are behind them.  except if you are the Central band, please don't show up next time.  you ran me out of the stadium in the 3rd quarter at the PNG/Central game, needed painkillers.

GAME OF THE WEEK

NEDERLAND AT LUMBERTON

When the clock hits zero in this game the difference between the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat will be the greatest of any game this year. This will be a winner take all game. Will Lumberton's season go down the toilet with a crushing defeat, or will the seniors at Nederland realize they are the first senior class in over a decade that failed to deliver their team to the playoffs. This game will feature both teams leaving nothing on the field. The stats don't lie over the district schedule. Lumberton has been more impressive in their victories. Lumberton will be more hungy to win this than the Bulldogs who are still reeling from the third largest defeat in school history. The Raider defense will shut down the inept Bulldog running game while blanketing their receivers while the offense will eventually wear down the Dogs. Look for the Raiders to have this game sewn up in the 4th quarter in an impressive victory. The bus trip home for the Bulldogs will not be joyous while Lumberton celebrates deep into the night. Heck, the Lumberton DQ might be giving away free Dilly Bars to the Raider's in the largest city wide celebration in the towns history.

TOUPS GRAPHICS' FEARLESS PREDICTION

LUMBERTON 35 NEDERLAND 14

Guest maverick24

I love the post that say stuff like COACH (SO AND SO) wont let that happen I promise he will have them boys ready or I Have to pick this team because they have been here before. Look its daylight at noon and dark at midnight In TEXAS. The team with the best football players win games they should win. I think the team with the best players wins this game. We have all heard offense wins games Defense wins Championships. Well this is like that, Raidernation has the most ballanced Off. and the better Def. We all know that Ned has a good passing game, Dayton showed it is not a great one just a good one. Ned has been beat by 2 teams in this District by two of the better def. in this District. Well Friday you get to see one of the Best Def. in the whole area. Sure the crowd will be loud and the temp will be cool but trust me that won't stop yall it will be the Hits. I have seen kids get hit from some of these Raidernation defenders and not want to go back in. I have heard Ned fans claim that they thought the kids gave up last week I don't believe that, They were just beat by a better team It happens ( IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN FRIDAY) but I don't think those kids will give up. This game means alot to RAIDERNATION not just for the kids at school but the whole town. Win or lose the whole town is very proud of all the Lumberton kids I am sure the Ned fans feel the same way.  I hope for both teams it is a great, clean game with no injuries and great Refs. Ned fans yall are welcome to come sit with us and watch us in the playoffs.

L will win. Do not count N out becasue 1 bad game. Dayton has the ablity to make any team look bad. Just a few words to all, remember these kids have put alot of time in showing all fans a good time on friday nites. My hats off to all teams and its sad that L or N will be watching 22-4A games on Nov 16th. I hope both teams bring the entire team healthly and show us a good time for about 3 hours. Hats off to all 22-4A teams

GO L-TRAIN

Guest gladiator2

I predict Nederland to win by at least 2 TDS. I am not saying that Lumberton does noes not have a good team but by comparing each team that we (PNG) played against it appears to me that Nederland was a tougher game for us to win. At one point in the Lumberton game we could have gone up by 21 points but instead they made it close at the end. I would say that we are not a very good passing team and we had one of our better nights against Lumberton. Nederland has a very good passing team and weapons to throw the ball to. Last week was a fluke!!!  Nederland has the best coaching staff around and I really do believe that they will have their boys ready.

I am quite sure the boys will be talking it up during the game but the fans and players will win or lose with grace.  Credeur has taught the boys well and expects the same from the fans. 

Win or lose it has been a great season.  If we win, we will be happy that we finally beat Nederland but the real celebration will be beacuse we make the playoffs, and it will be a celebration. 

If we lose, we will be disappointed but it will be one of those life lessons.  Even with hard work, one doesn't always get what they want in life.  A loss in this game will not be the worst thing these kids face in life.   

It's going to be rocking in Raider Stadium come 7:00 PM Friday!!!!  I CAN'T WAIT!

Good luck to both teams.

Raidernation, I'm not sure how old you are but back in the time that only two teams went to the playoffs from each district, Lumberton actually beat Nederland a couple of times, although I can't remember dates. Lumberton has always been a tough team just unfortunately had tough breaks too. The year before the playoffs went to 3 teams Lumberton went 8 and 2, WOS and I think Little Cypress may have been the two who went to post season. That was also when Lincoln was still around. Anyway beating Big Ned this week won't mean that we've finally beat them, just the first time in a while...........Lumberton 28 - Big Ned 17.

I predict Nederland to win by at least 2 TDS. I am not saying that Lumberton does noes not have a good team but by comparing each team that we (PNG) played against it appears to me that Nederland was a tougher game for us to win. At one point in the Lumberton game we could have gone up by 21 points but instead they made it close at the end. I would say that we are not a very good passing team and we had one of our better nights against Lumberton. Nederland has a very good passing team and weapons to throw the ball to. Last week was a fluke!!!  Nederland has the best coaching staff around and I really do believe that they will have their boys ready.

No fluke here----Dayton has given Lumberton the blueprint---play man on Neds receivers IF you have the DBs to do it and pressure a young QB---I just do not beleive L-town has the DBs to pull it off--but their Defense will pressure Bellows

No fluke here----Dayton has given Lumberton the blueprint---play man on Neds receivers IF you have the DBs to do it and pressure a young QB---I just do not beleive L-town has the DBs to pull it off--but their Defense will pressure Bellows

It was no fluke last week. Dayton dominated from start to finish. No excuses at all. I do think Ned will find success throwing the ball against Lumberton. But, I also feel like Lumberton will move the ball too. First team to 30 wins the game!

You can't call a 63-0 a fluke.  8-7 is a fluke.  But Ned.  will have to make adjustments and hope that Lumberton cannot perfect Dayton's defensive strategy.  Otherwise Ned's streak stops Friday Night.

I have to agree with maverick here.  History will have no bearing on Friday's outcome.  It does not matter that Ned has playoff experience; it does not matter that Ned has beat Lumberton more in the past; Ned's past players & accomplishments mean nothing come 7:00 Friday night.  The only things that matter are 1) the effectivenes of the gameplan the coaches have installed, 2) how the players execute that gameplan, and 3) how players & coaches adjust to all the contingencies & challenges that always show up on Friday night. 

I know I stated the obvious, but the fact remains, Nederland's history will not give them an edge Friday night.  That is entirely up to the players & coaches. 

I have heard Ned fans claim that they thought the kids gave up last week I don't believe that.

Creating your own reality again? I say again that Nederland was beaten outright by Dayton and would lose again probably 10 out of 10 times if something does not change. Dayton is a much better team than Nederland. But make no mistake, the Dogs DEFENSE gave up, I think the offense let up but I dont think they quit.

Lumbertons defense is good, they are hard hitting, they are scrappy, they are stingy, they execute well, they are GOOD!! BUT, they are not Dayton.

If Lumberton wins Friday night I will not be surprised in the least, and if so I will say congratulations and support the Raiders whole heartedly in the playoffs. If Nederland wins, it will be a pleasure for 2 reasons. My team wins and Maverick eats crow in massive portions.  ;D

Hey raideroldtimer!  At 40, I am old enough to remember that but was unaware of it.  I later saw it on a different thread.  I am not from Lumberton nor do i live there now.  My son lives there with his mom/stepdad and has been on varsity for 3 years.  I do know the last two years they put a 50 spot on us and that WILL NOT happen again.

I'm not one who likes to talk smack. It's really senseless. Just look at the posters who talk it. See what I mean???

I refuse to abandon my Bulldogs. They have played their butts off in every game except Dayton. Sincerely, we came out flat and never recovered. Dayton was pumped and did everything right. When you combine the two, you get a lopsided score like the one we had. I say the Dogs bounce back and win this one 28-16.

Go Dogs!!

Say PNG dreamer Lumberton came in to your house and played you to the END.  I recall some questionable calls right at halftime and on a first down( I never seen the ball brought to the chains before to measure the first down).

Here's what's going to happen FRIDAY in LUMBERTON.

The L-TRAIN will keep the ball on the ground and pound it out; to keep NED's offence on the sideline.  Which Ned's offence will not get in their rytheme to accomplish NOTTA!  Lumberton just keeps it simple and crams it down your THROATS!JMO!

Go RAIDERS!  All things come to an END!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder