Oh Yeah -- I'd Own The Galveston Bank Of America!!

Reagan

3 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Which one?  Being a public access building to transact personal business or having an account?

Sec. 30.05. CRIMINAL TRESPASS. (a) A person commits an offense if the person enters or remains on or in property of another, including residential land, agricultural land, a recreational vehicle park, a building, or an aircraft or other vehicle, without effective consent and the person:

(1) had notice that the entry was forbidden; or

(2) received notice to depart but failed to do so.

34 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Again -- what crime was she committing that warranted the action of her having to leave?  

Again. Criminal tresspass. She was asked to leave. Once she refused, she was committing criminal tresspass. Criminal tresspass is what it’s called. Criminal  tresspass. 

9 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Buddy, the mask mandate is stupid. Even without it, a privately owned business can require it. What would it hurt for her to have put on the mask and close her account. Hopefully she has enough in her account to pay the self-imposed fines she will incur. I think she should take whatever she has left in that bank and signup for anger management classes. 

The bank should have to pay a fee for calling the police an wasting taxpayers police resources on such a petty idiotic nonsense issue. It’s as silly as teachers calling the police on there students because they want keep there mask on.  Peacefully let her close her account an be done with it. Now banks who make money off of our money have become expert epidemiologist? The data doesn’t support the nonsense. I repeat ****99.97%**** survival rate per CDC. 

17 minutes ago, Realville said:

The bank should have to pay a fee for calling the police an wasting taxpayers police resources on such a petty idiotic nonsense issue. It’s as silly as teachers calling the police on there students because they want keep there mask on.  Peacefully let her close her account an be done with it. Now banks who make money off of our money have become expert epidemiologist? The data doesn’t support the nonsense. I repeat ****99.97%**** survival rate per CDC. 

I agree it’s a waste of the resources. I just think the lady oughta be the one to pay for it. 

On 3/21/2021 at 5:45 AM, tvc184 said:

The people in charge at the bank told her to put on a mask and she said no. The police showed up and again told her to put on the mask and she said no. I counted at least 11 times that he told her she had no lawful right to be there without a mask, she had to put it on or leave, she would be arrested if she did not leave, etc.

She then drove a few miles to Texas City a couple days later and did the exact same thing at Home Depot. At what point do you think that other people telling her, who were not in authority, would change her mind?

For this particular person, yes you are right.

On 3/21/2021 at 1:04 PM, Reagan said:

It's a public access building and she had an account.  Nothing criminal yet!

Public access has nothing to do with trespassing. Private property does. 

She broke the law, did it on camera and then got on a news interview and stated that she did it. 

I guess even her admission is not enough when you don’t like the argument. 

48 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

Public access has nothing to do with trespassing. Private property does. 

She broke the law, did it on camera and then got on a news interview and stated that she did it. 

I guess even her admission is not enough when you don’t like the argument. 

She has account.  Went into bank to transact business.  Since when is this trespassing?  Is this not what she was doing?

3 hours ago, Reagan said:

She has account.  Went into bank to transact business.  Since when is this trespassing?  Is this not what she was doing?

I realize if you would like to make up your own laws 

Texas law says it if you’re on property and fail to leave after being toody or have been given notice, you are guilty of criminal trespass. I think the actual law has been posted on here a couple of times. You can choose to ignore it if you wish but it is a lot.

As the saying goes, you’re entitled to your opinion but you’re not entitled to your own facts. 

The fact is she was told to leave several times by management and the officer. She refused. That is criminal trespass in Texas. A couple of days later after she got out of jail, she got on television and stated exactly the same thing. She was told to leave and she refused in her own words. Basically she confessed to the crime. 

2 hours ago, tvc184 said:

I realize if you would like to make up your own laws 

Texas law says it if you’re on property and fail to leave after being toody or have been given notice, you are guilty of criminal trespass. I think the actual law has been posted on here a couple of times. You can choose to ignore it if you wish but it is a lot.

As the saying goes, you’re entitled to your opinion but you’re not entitled to your own facts. 

The fact is she was told to leave several times by management and the officer. She refused. That is criminal trespass in Texas. A couple of days later after she got out of jail, she got on television and stated exactly the same thing. She was told to leave and she refused in her own words. Basically she confessed to the crime. 

I'll ask again -- what law did she break in order to be asked to leave in  the first place?  

6 hours ago, Reagan said:

I'll ask again -- what law did she break in order to be asked to leave in  the first place?  

There is no such thing as a law requiring a person to violate another law before you tell somebody to leave your property. That is utterly  ridiculous.

Private property is private property. That bank is no different than your living room.

I cannot come into your home without your permission and I cannot stay there without your permission. If I come over to watch the ball game and you didn’t ask me to leave, I cannot demand the right to stay there. If you call the police and have me thrown out or arrested what is the police officer going to do? Is he going to ask you, but what law has he violated?

Yiu are making up or asking about laws that do not exist. The trespass law has been posted. It doesn’t say you were given a warning not to trespass  and you violated another law.

in fact the Texas law goes as far as to say that you have already been given a warning not to come out to the property here for example there is purple paint on trees no more than 100 feet apart, they are crops ready for harvesting with or without offense, offense intended to keep in cattle, a sign,  etc. These are all considered that you have been warned and they do not require another law other than the fact that you were warned. 

6 hours ago, Reagan said:

I can only think of one law that requires you to break another law before the first law comes into play. That is failure to identify. The law in Texas says that you do not have to give your name, address or date of birth to a police officer unless the police officer has arrested you. In order to lawfully take you in custody for failure to identify under refusing to give information, the officer first had to be arrest you for another crime. 

1 hour ago, tvc184 said:

I can only think of one law that requires you to break another law before the first law comes into play. That is failure to identify. The law in Texas says that you do not have to give your name, address or date of birth to a police officer unless the police officer has arrested you. In order to lawfully take you in custody for failure to identify under refusing to give information, the officer first had to be arrest you for another crime. 

Oh the irony of a bank requiring a member of their own bank to wear a mask in order to close her own account. Please continue with your Clown World Over Reach Justification of arresting the woman because technically she broke the Clown World Mandate the RINO Governor rescinded because he was getting hammered by Big businesses and Big Donors that basically told him he will never get elected for nothing again if he doesn’t do away with theses Idiotic Mandates. I wonder how many police officers lost jobs or paychecks due these draconian rules or mandates? I’d be willing to say probably NONE. I bet if you go in that banks break room people are probably laughing their butts off about the situation while eating,drinking, and talking with NO MASK ON but please carry on about the letter of the law. 

1 hour ago, Realville said:

Oh the irony of a bank requiring a member of their own bank to wear a mask in order to close her own account. Please continue with your Clown World Over Reach Justification of arresting the woman because technically she broke the Clown World Mandate the RINO Governor rescinded because he was getting hammered by Big businesses and Big Donors that basically told him he will never get elected for nothing again if he doesn’t do away with theses Idiotic Mandates. I wonder how many police officers lost jobs or paychecks due these draconian rules or mandates? I’d be willing to say probably NONE. I bet if you go in that banks break room people are probably laughing their butts off about the situation while eating,drinking, and talking with NO MASK ON but please carry on about the letter of the law. 

She wasn’t arrested for breaking the mandate (which was a stupid one, I agree). She was arrested for breaking the law. She continued to do so. I have no pity for her. 

1 hour ago, Realville said:

Ok, in your opinion l it is an overreach, they are all laughing in the back room, nobody’s wearing masks, the cops don’t lose their jobs over draconian rules, the governor is a rino… And she has likely about to do time in the county jail.

You might call that a fantasy.

28 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

She wasn’t arrested for breaking the mandate (which was a stupid one, I agree). She was arrested for breaking the law. She continued to do so. I have no pity for her. 

The bank adopted the silly not backed science mandate that was dropped by our weak Governor. She refused to leave without her money. The discretion used by the bank was ridiculous.

31 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

Ok, in your opinion l it is an overreach, they are all laughing in the back room, nobody’s wearing masks, the cops don’t lose their jobs over draconian rules, the governor is a rino… And she has likely about to do time in the county jail.

You might call that a fantasy.

Why don’t you say WILL do time in jail? Because likely it’s a very slippery slope the bank and police officer went down in pushing a issue comparable to jaywalking. Your living in a fantasy world if you don’t see the big picture. Keep worshiping the letter of the law on this BS overblown discretion used in this situation.

50 minutes ago, Realville said:

Why don’t you say WILL do time in jail? Because likely it’s a very slippery slope the bank and police officer went down in pushing a issue comparable to jaywalking. Your living in a fantasy world if you don’t see the big picture. Keep worshiping the letter of the law on this BS overblown discretion used in this situation.

I carry concealed under LEOSA when I am off duty.  However, there are places I still cannot carry when signs are posted. I am not above the Law and even though I may have good intentions I still must obey and take heed to posted and or verbal rules of a business or private property.  If I come over to your house as private citizen and you just so happen to see my concealed weapon and you ask me to leave. I must obey and leave.

Over 500,000 people young and old have lost the lives to COVID and there are new variants that are out. Just put the mask on. I have Cancer and many other health issues. I truly appreciate and thank all who do wear the mask.

2 hours ago, Realville said:

The bank adopted the silly not backed science mandate that was dropped by our weak Governor. She refused to leave without her money. The discretion used by the bank was ridiculous.

That’s your opinion. The facts are they have the right to require the mask among other things, the facts are she broke the law, the facts are she willingly and knowingly did it, the facts are she did it again. Hard to fight facts with opinions. 

2 hours ago, Realville said:

Her refusal and resistance is much more than jaywalking.