Oh Yeah -- I'd Own The Galveston Bank Of America!!

Reagan

On 3/17/2021 at 12:47 PM, Reagan said:

Another site said she was "violently arrested"!  So, exactly what law did she break?  

It was not very violent however she broke the law of criminal trespass and maybe resisting arrest or evading detention. it is hard to tell from the body cam footage.

On 3/17/2021 at 1:09 PM, LumRaiderFan said:

Crime rate must be very low in Galveston if the cops have time for this nonsense.

Whoever called them for this crap should be slapped.

About 95% of police calls are for what you said was “this crap”.

On 3/17/2021 at 4:23 PM, A BUC 77 said:

I agree, the cop wasn't needed.  If everyone present would have told her to put on a mask, it may have turned out differently.

The people in charge at the bank told her to put on a mask and she said no. The police showed up and again told her to put on the mask and she said no. I counted at least 11 times that he told her she had no lawful right to be there without a mask, she had to put it on or leave, she would be arrested if she did not leave, etc.

She then drove a few miles to Texas City a couple days later and did the exact same thing at Home Depot. At what point do you think that other people telling her, who were not in authority, would change her mind?

On 3/19/2021 at 4:56 PM, Realville said:

So the sheep are changing from the 6?feet rule to the 3 feet rule I hear... You can’t make up this level of stupid in America... You are a free people... Breathe air, enjoy sunshine, enjoy Spring Break and stop this idiocy!

Absolutely!!! 

In the public or on your own property… Of which she was at neither.

For the people who say that the police should not have been called, what were the other options open to the bank?

The first was allow her to stay against their rules. 

The other is to put their hands on her and physically remove her. Chapter 9 of the penal code says that you could use any force necessary to remove a person who is trespassing from your property except deadly force. Of course at the bank had done that then people would be up in arms claiming that she was assaulted. That would not be the case but that would be the claim.

The last option which is what they chose, was for the bank to call the police and report a crime in progress. 

if a person came to visit any of you at your own home but then started an argument inside of the home, should you just allow them to stay there if they refuse to leave? Do you call the police? Or do you kick the persons butt and throw them out which is what the law says you can do?

if this is a waste of police, then the police could quit responding to about 90% of what they respond to today.

This case is all about freedom. It is the freedom of a private property owner to control his whole property. It does not matter if masks work or not, it does not matter if Covid is a hoax, it does not matter if Dr. Fauci is telling the truth and nothing else matters except the private property rights of the owner or manager. All the rest is a political smokescreen because some people don’t like an owner controlling his own property.

1 hour ago, tvc184 said:

For the people who say that the police should not have been called, what were the other options open to the bank?

The first was allow her to stay against their rules. 

The other is to put their hands on her and physically remove her. Chapter 9 of the penal code says that you could use any force necessary to remove a person who is trespassing from your property except deadly force. Of course at the bank had done that then people would be up in arms claiming that she was assaulted. That would not be the case but that would be the claim.

The last option which is what they chose, was for the bank to call the police and report a crime in progress. 

if a person came to visit any of you at your own home but then started an argument inside of the home, should you just allow them to stay there if they refuse to leave? Do you call the police? Or do you kick the persons butt and throw them out which is what the law says you can do?

if this is a waste of police, then the police could quit responding to about 90% of what they respond to today.

This case is all about freedom. It is the freedom of a private property owner to control his whole property. It does not matter if masks work or not, it does not matter if Covid is a hoax, it does not matter if Dr. Fauci is telling the truth and nothing else matters except the private property rights of the owner or manager. All the rest is a political smokescreen because some people don’t like an owner controlling his own

Keep making your argument over a BS mandate an I’ll keep ignoring it. I am sure when she became  a member of that property (bank) the BS mandate wasn’t  in place so after a year of this nonsense she probably decided to take her property (money) from their property. I doubt very seriously when she became a member of that bank (property) that it stated in that membership she signed that she had to wear a mask when coming to withdraw her money so you can post till your blue in the face but the hypocrisy of this mask issue is nauseating. They could have peacefully closed her account but someone wanted to be a power hungry hero that day just like some cops do sometimes. I have personally changed banks myself over this same idiotic issue. An no the police were not called. It doesn’t take long to close an account.  I changed banks from one bank that did require muzzle wearing to a bank literally right across the street to a bank that didn’t require a muzzle. I doubt the property owner called the police. It was some fear mongering individual who thought they were saving mankind by making such BS issue out of nothing. As for as her going to another bank maybe she has multiple bank accounts. I have 2 different bank accounts myself. Thank god the Vidor School Board lifted the Idiotic muzzle wearing rule. It’s was amazing. They looked at the data an the data didn’t support the idiotic wearing of muzzles on our kids. Let freedom ring an hopefully common sense kick in. This will go down as one of the biggest hoaxes perpetrated on the American people next to the fraudulent election we just had but the two go hand in hand. If masks truly work an everyone at that bank was wearing a mask except the lady then why did they need to call the police? Show me the data that supports a private business making a member of their bank wear something that impedes their breathing in order to do business at their establishment.

10 minutes ago, Realville said:

Keep making your argument over a BS mandate an I’ll keep ignoring it. I am sure when she became  a member of that property (bank) the BS mandate wasn’t  in place so after a year of this nonsense she probably decided to take her property (money) from their property. I doubt very seriously when she became a member of that bank (property) that it stated in that membership she signed that she had to wear a mask when coming to withdraw her money so you can post till your blue in the face but the hypocrisy of this mask issue is nauseating. They could have peacefully closed her account but someone wanted to be a power hungry hero that day just like some cops do sometimes. I have personally changed banks myself over this same idiotic issue. An no the police were not called. It doesn’t take long to close an account.  I changed banks from one bank that did require muzzle wearing to a bank literally right across the street to a bank that didn’t require a muzzle. I doubt the property owner called the police. It was some fear mongering individual who thought they were saving mankind by making such BS issue out of nothing. As for as her going to another bank maybe she has multiple bank accounts. I have 2 different bank accounts myself. Thank god the Vidor School Board lifted the Idiotic muzzle wearing rule. It’s was amazing. They looked at the data an the data didn’t support the idiotic wearing of muzzles on our kids. Let freedom ring an hopefully common sense kick in. This will go down as one of the biggest hoaxes perpetrated on the American people next to the fraudulent election we just had but the two go hand in hand. 

Like I said, you are making a political argument because you don’t like masks. Great.

She is still absolutely wrong by any legal stretch that anyone can come up with. She should have been locked up again for trespassing in Texas City. The reason that she wasn’t was the police took the easy way out (understandably) and merely serve the warrant on her from Galveston. That saves an awful lot of paperwork. Just serve the warrant all the also had to do was drop the woman off at the jail. That probably saved about two or three hours well she was able to do something else and deal with this idiot.

I actually expect you to ignore my posts. You have no valid argument in response. Oh, except, I don’t like masks. 

55 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

Like I said, you are making a political argument because you don’t like masks. Great.

She is still absolutely wrong by any legal stretch that anyone can come up with. She should have been locked up again for trespassing in Texas City. The reason that she wasn’t was the police took the easy way out (understandably) and merely serve the warrant on her from Galveston. That saves an awful lot of paperwork. Just serve the warrant all the also had to do was drop the woman off at the jail. That probably saved about two or three hours well she was able to do something else and deal with this idiot.

I actually expect you to ignore my posts. You have no valid argument in response. Oh, except, I don’t like masks. 

Yeah, I guess it’s more dangerous to go into a bank than to go into a Vidor School. Keep on going on with your letter of the law nonsense on a mandate. I have a lot neighbors and friends that are school teachers an one of the biggest complaints this past year before Vidor did away with the mask nonsense  is constantly telling students to put their mask on. Should the teachers have started to call the  police so they can arrest students for not wearing a mask so they can show how powerful they are? Do you see how silly your argument is on the mask nonsense?

5 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

Unfortunately this mask nonsense is nothing but a political ram rod. I didn’t vote to make it one but you can file in line if you want too.

8 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

Locked up for going get her own money from a bank that she is a member of....seriously? Seek help.

1 hour ago, Realville said:

Locked up for going get her own money from a bank that she is a member of....seriously? Seek help.

Buddy, the mask mandate is stupid. Even without it, a privately owned business can require it. What would it hurt for her to have put on the mask and close her account. Hopefully she has enough in her account to pay the self-imposed fines she will incur. I think she should take whatever she has left in that bank and signup for anger management classes. 

52 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Buddy, the mask mandate is stupid. Even without it, a privately owned business can require it. What would it hurt for her to have put on the mask and close her account. Hopefully she has enough in her account to pay the self-imposed fines she will incur. I think she should take whatever she has left in that bank and signup for anger management classes. 

Exactly!!  As much as I don’t like wearing the mask, if I go into a privately owned business that requires one to be worn, I will put it on.  This woman was looking for confrontation, and when it found her, she wants to cry foul.  She’s just plain stupid, imo.  She got what she deserved.