School Mergers....Who Would You Like To See Merge?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eventually WOS and LCM will verge, i dont see why they shouldn't be together. I know people will argue on the placement of the school, "o it's to close to them, its to far away from us" and that wouldnt be the only arguement. I attended WOS and i have some of the best memories there, aswell as others i am sure from there or other schools. But while i went there i just thought of how much better overall we could be if we were one school district in Orange county. I dont know if merging BC would happen, but WOS and LCM forsure. If WOS and LCM merged, how someone said prior we would have some of the best team sports and academics around. Between WOS and LCM that i know of, there are so many very talented teachers and coaches that would help the students thrive even more than they alrdy do. Aswell as the students, there are very smart kinds in the orange county area and great athletes. I think it would be a win win situation because we would draw alot of eyes towards us with academics and sports. But i have always seen it as a competition between the schools on who can have what. If its suppose to be for the kids i say merge them because they get even a better opportunity. But im sure all the WO and Mauriceville people have thought of before and i m sure they all have their likes and dislikes. But yeah time will tell.....

Guest ECBucFan

how about HF and EC, that would make for a power house 3A program.

There probably isn't two schools anywhere that would fit together as well as HF-EC.

There probably isn't two schools anywhere that would fit together as well as HF-EC.

That's a fact...everything would make sense if this every happened!  Good football teams and great baseball teams, I'm just no liking the part about keeping the green and the blue, that would be ugly!  I say change it all up.........

Well, we all know that there has been a problem for years with kids going from one school to the next with no apparent recourses.  I love WOS.  I love blue and silver and I love the Mustangs.  But I have been afraid that our school district is losing so much enrollment....However, kicker has said that the small grades are building up and who knows.....maybe we don't need to merge after all.

I was totally against it 10 years ago.  Couldn't see a need for it and I think LCM was struggling financially.  Now that we've given all our money to BC.....(we'll see what kind of a roar that brings)

Maybe that is the case. But just look at how much more inteligently we spent the money.  Who's city is growing and who's is a dump?   If your not going to take care of your finances. Then let someone else use them wisely!   .....(we'll see what kind of a roar that brings)

That's a fact...everything would make sense if this every happened!  Good football teams and great baseball teams, I'm just no liking the part about keeping the green and the blue, that would be ugly!  I say change it all up.........

Come on the Seattle Seahawks are Green and Blue, they look pretty good.

Guest ECBucFan

Actually, I don't want any area schools to merge. Ultimately, it just means less opportunity for the kids. 11 would be on the field instead of 22 (or 33) at any given time if 2 or 3 schools merge. Some players would just drop out of athletics.

Every year but this year.  None of the OF players would get to play. So that would  be bad for OF.  Just Joking!!!

In my opinion, this would be as easy of a fit as the HF / EC merger.  The 2 districts are relatively small in square miles, and since they border already, transportation wouldn't be as big an issue as it is for LC-M right now getting Mauriceville kids hauled around.

The really young (elementary age) kids already play against each other in some sports (football mainly), and with each other in other sports (baseball and softball) - Heck - I know about as many kids in the class of '10 from OF as I do from BC!

And both schools ALREADY have very academics - A combination could only offer more for them to grow with.

And I had Red and Orange softball jerseys a few years back for a league-ball team - THEY LOOKED PRETTY GOOD TOGETHER!

Just an idea..................  :-\

Guest FPHS 78

Eventually WOS and LCM will verge, i dont see why they shouldn't be together. I know people will argue on the placement of the school, "o it's to close to them, its to far away from us" and that wouldnt be the only arguement. I attended WOS and i have some of the best memories there, aswell as others i am sure from there or other schools. But while i went there i just thought of how much better overall we could be if we were one school district in Orange county. I dont know if merging BC would happen, but WOS and LCM forsure. If WOS and LCM merged, how someone said prior we would have some of the best team sports and academics around. Between WOS and LCM that i know of, there are so many very talented teachers and coaches that would help the students thrive even more than they alrdy do. Aswell as the students, there are very smart kinds in the orange county area and great athletes. I think it would be a win win situation because we would draw alot of eyes towards us with academics and sports. But i have always seen it as a competition between the schools on who can have what. If its suppose to be for the kids i say merge them because they get even a better opportunity. But im sure all the WO and Mauriceville people have thought of before and i m sure they all have their likes and dislikes. But yeah time will tell.....

this wos/lcm thing has me confused....lcm grew for the same reason hj and lumberton have....flight from the city......why would they ever merge?

school/team mergers is what will save large public school systems .. have kids go to magnet schools if they want ... then consolidate teams... it doesn't have to be DISD or HISD.. it'd help many around the state .. there are 3A and 4A schools around the state that benefit from reverse consolidation... they qualify as magnet schools academically and that lets athletes/students from neighboring towns transfer in for academic reasons..no questions.. or eligibility issues raised

i would like to see WH, Hull Daisetta, and hardin merge and i belive they would be a 3a school that would be a great school maybe not so much this year but in the past man they would have been able to put some athletes on the field to compete with any 3a in the state

These schools are fine the way they are I would hate for these 3 to merge way too much traveling just to get to school

Maybe that is the case. But just look at how much more inteligently we spent the money.  Who's city is growing and who's is a dump?   If your not going to take care of your finances. Then let someone else use them wisely!   .....(we'll see what kind of a roar that brings)

"use more intellligently" that makes alot of since, when was money being distributed we couldnt make improvements. I bet with the money that was put to BC highschool could of easily givin us a faster production of our new elementary school, in which land was just bought if im not mistaken. "let someone use them wisely" lol ok, that makes alot of sense. Finances i will give u. But if some district is constantly in ur pocket its hard to give out and keep up. "Who's city is growing and who's is a dump?" lol thats funny, bc is growing dont get me wrong, but ......yeah

WOS and LCM merge

I think is will happen eventually happene becuase i dont think orange will be able to support it. Orange annex's that area theres uproar, but they sure do like dippin in on the stark foundation money that will be givin to kids. They want orange benefit's, but dont want to be under orange. hhmmm But its not all lcm fault, the stark foundation is to blame for letting them get it.

"use more intellligently" that makes alot of since, when was money being distributed we couldnt make improvements. I bet with the money that was put to BC highschool could of easily givin us a faster production of our new elementary school, in which land was just bought if im not mistaken. "let someone use them wisely" lol ok, that makes alot of sense. Finances i will give u. But if some district is constantly in ur pocket its hard to give out and keep up. "Who's city is growing and who's is a dump?" lol thats funny, bc is growing dont get me wrong, but ......yeah

WOS and LCM merge

I think is will happen eventually happene becuase i dont think orange will be able to support it. Orange annex's that area theres uproar, but they sure do like dippin in on the stark foundation money that will be givin to kids. They want orange benefit's, but dont want to be under orange. hhmmm But its not all lcm fault, the stark foundation is to blame for letting them get it.

They don't mind gettin' our athletes either, do they?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder