School Mergers....Who Would You Like To See Merge?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LC-M and WO-S combine this would make an power house large 4A or a small exsplosive 5A. They would never be stopped. Nederland, PN-G and all other schools would be crushed.

I see LC-M fans are still trying to find a way to beat Nederland and PN-G consistently. Maybe if we just combine with another school........... ;D

"use more intellligently" that makes alot of since, when was money being distributed we couldnt make improvements. I bet with the money that was put to BC highschool could of easily givin us a faster production of our new elementary school, in which land was just bought if im not mistaken. "let someone use them wisely" lol ok, that makes alot of sense. Finances i will give u. But if some district is constantly in ur pocket its hard to give out and keep up. "Who's city is growing and who's is a dump?" lol thats funny, bc is growing dont get me wrong, but ......yeah

WOS and LCM merge

I think is will happen eventually happene becuase i dont think orange will be able to support it. Orange annex's that area theres uproar, but they sure do like dippin in on the stark foundation money that will be givin to kids. They want orange benefit's, but dont want to be under orange. hhmmm But its not all lcm fault, the stark foundation is to blame for letting them get it.

What are you saying Orange's benefit are?  What money are we getting from the Stark Foundation?  

Mergers happen. Whether they should or not is a good philosophical question. And sometimes it can be a very emotionally charged transition. Like when two historically rival schools are put together.

But the kids deserve a break. Somebody is going to have to be a Senior or Junior, etc. in that first year or two of consolidation. And no one gets to rearrange the calendar of life. You get your teenage years/your high school years when they come, and when that phase of life is over, it never comes around again.

So if we were loyal to our schools and proud of their history and traditions, then the next group of kids needs to have that too. Even if they have to be there when the merger happens. We who went before can keep our pride and loyalty to the schools we had, but should also promote, starting with day one, the idea that this new school is something good too.

bearbooster

im refering to the stark foundation scholarship (i guess u can call it that) i think inspire 12 is what it is called, i could be wrong if so please correct me. I dont mean for it to start anything, i thought it would be relevant to another post.

But as i understand it, the stark foundation has begun a scholarship to every orange county senior who has been in the school district through out their education, as in wocccisd or lcmisd. I just find it weird/funny that mauriceville is able to dip in.

bearbooster

im refering to the stark foundation scholarship (i guess u can call it that) i think inspire 12 is what it is called, i could be wrong if so please correct me. I dont mean for it to start anything, i thought it would be relevant to another post.

But as i understand it, the stark foundation has begun a scholarship to every orange county senior who has been in the school district through out their education, as in wocccisd or lcmisd. I just find it weird/funny that mauriceville is able to dip in.

I didn't know the Stark Foundation was supposed to be a charitable fund for WO-S ???.  Someone may want to alert the foundation's board about this.  As long as there is enough for both why would you care who gets it.  Also you may want to get your facts straight about the funding of Inspire 12.  Why don't you get involved and see if you can help get funding for all of Orange County schools?  I think it would be great if Orangefield, BC & Vidor could be included if enough funds could be raised.  

Guest ECBucFan

this merge would just be fiction,  but could you imagian Newton merging with EC.  They would never make it thru the first day of school. ;D ;D

I respectfully disagree. EC does not have a problem with Newton, Newton (at least some fans) sure seems to have one with EC and the 24 2A district though... As I mentioned several times in the past, a number of EC fans supported Newton in past playoffs, self included. I made trips to the Dome and SFA, more than once. The most amazing thing lately is the EC bashing that takes place by Newton, accusing EC of schedualing "weak, pitiful teams" (all 3A's), but now, it comes out Newton refused to play EC the past two years... It's mind-boggeling.

Still, EC is not presently concerned with Newton or anyone else, other than whoever the next opponent is. Peace.   

bearbooster

Inspire 12 is NOT funded by the Stark Foundation and some homework on the program is needed by you before you try to judge who should and should not be eligible to "dip in".

I know this is a sports board and all topics are related to that and it's nice to get caught up in what teams would be like if they merged, but if schools do consolidate, it will have absolutely nothing to do with how good a football program may be.

What are you saying Orange's benefit are?  What money are we getting from the Stark Foundation?  

Please enlighten me by listing all the benefits I'm receiving from the annexation, and how the Stark Foundation "let LCM get in". 

Don't think we have enough room here if that merge happened. ;D  Would like to see Burkville merge with Newton, we would most likely still be in 2A.

no way newton could merge with burkeville...you'd be bussing kids all the way from from toledo bend & trout creek to where?  there is no good "central location"

I didn't know the Stark Foundation was supposed to be a charitable fund for WO-S ???.  Someone may want to alert the foundation's board about this.  As long as there is enough for both why would you care who gets it.  Also you may want to get your facts straight about the funding of Inspire 12.  Why don't you get involved and see if you can help get funding for all of Orange County schools?  I think it would be great if Orangefield, BC & Vidor could be included if enough funds could be raised. 

It was my understanding that all of the schools in Orange County had been approached and only LCM and WOS were interested at this time.  I went to the initial meeting at the CC.

There seems to be a lot of confusion on how the Inspire 12 works and how it's funded.  This is funded through community business, developers, and private funds (who have "special" business interests). The idea is that by offering the scholarships it will draw families into the community, bring more local businesses to the city and more support to those already existing, increase housing developement, and subsequently raise the tax dollars brought into the school system.  It wasn't offered to ALL schools because it's a community developement idea.

There is mild curiosity about Inspire 12 right now, but when the end of May rolls around and WOS and LCM are handing out scholarships to senior students then everyone will pay closer attention to what's happening.

Guest TravelingBandsman

A merger between West Orange-Stark and Little Cypress-Mauriceville to some might sound logical. It would make an Orange High School where there hasn't been one for quite a long time. This school would a very large 4A and if the pattern of decrease doesn't continue, it could stay that way with the potential to rise. I think in some cases, Orange High School would be a good idea.

People are assuming that by combining LC-M with WO-S there would have to be one high school. That is not true. If LC-M was having financial problems and needed to combine with someone, that does not mean that the new school board would combine the schools. They could choose to keep the schools the as they are but under one school board instead of two.

Districts don't combine in order to make new football teams or to have fewer schools. 

I don't think LCM is having financial probs any longer.  With all of the gas wells in the community, their tax base is pretty good now.  The only reason the schools would merge, IMO, would be because WOS keeps losing enrollment.  (And WOS is going broke because they are giving it all away to BC!)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami