School Mergers....Who Would You Like To See Merge?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we all know that there has been a problem for years with kids going from one school to the next with no apparent recourses.  I love WOS.  I love blue and silver and I love the Mustangs.  But I have been afraid that our school district is losing so much enrollment....However, kicker has said that the small grades are building up and who knows.....maybe we don't need to merge after all.

I was totally against it 10 years ago.  Couldn't see a need for it and I think LCM was struggling financially.  Now that we've given all our money to BC.....(we'll see what kind of a roar that brings)

Our senior class has like 130 and the underclassmen have around 200

??? ???

I dont know why theres such a huge gap..

It's called TAKS and higher requirements for graduation.

Dayton has around 400 freshmen every year, but they graduate around 300.  These numbers are very very average in school districts with similar types of students.  As an 8th grade teacher it just pains me to see kids who get to 8th grade that are way behind in their math skills.  The odds of them getting through their 11th grade TAKS test is really not good.  Kids that fluff off their education before and during 8th grade are setting themselves up for a very long road in life.

Back to the topic of the thread...

Merging schools is just not right.

Look at what has happened in Beaumont.

West Brook is overall a success story, but look at what has been lost, not just in Beaumont but in Port Arthur...

The PN-G vs TJ games are history.

Lincoln is gone.

SFA water under the bridge.

French, South Park, Hebert, BCP, all TERMINATED.

It is just ashame these schools are gone, then you wonder why many of the schools lack the tradition and overall student pride for their schools.

It is a great thing PN-G and Nederland have held their own.

WO-S too...

Dayton's Coach Stewart is doing a great job buidling an athletic program for the boys and girls from the junior high up.  The kids in the elementaries in Dayton just can't wait until it's thier turn to be a Bronco.  This builds pride in your schools which in turn improves the academic environment.

By merging schools, you are just ending what decades of tradition have built up.

I believe you should do whatever it takes to turn the schools around and keep what is in place.

Guest TravelingBandsman

That would be a large school district. Not size, but just plain land area. Would they be able to function with it being that big and getting all those kids to school. I do think Devers should either merge with Liberty or Hull-Daisetta because they don't have the money or ability to build a high school and it's just not working for them.

Guest FPHS 78

French, South Park, Hebert, BCP, all TERMINATED.

ah man, you left out the most important one ...Forest Park!

I'd like to see bisd "unmerge"!  bring back FP..the only team around with domination over nederland! ;D ;D ;D ;D

png/nederland would be a heck of a school

i would like to see WH, Hull Daisetta, and hardin merge and i belive they would be a 3a school that would be a great school maybe not so much this year but in the past man they would have been able to put some athletes on the field to compete with any 3a in the state

I agree...Not that it would likely happen but the what if part sure does sound good  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami