*WO-S 17 Silsbee 6 Final/Comments*

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Mustangs!!!  I have to say congratulations to Silsbee too.  You played with much heart and never gave up.  Question for Silsbee:  Is Donovan Harris 100%?  I saw him out there...but, I didn't see much action from him.  Just wondering.  Watched and cheered him on in Austin in May and wishing him the best from Mustang-land!!!

Guest tigersvoice

man this is a good game..listening to it on the radio....I hope them tigers pull through!!!

LionHeart,  what station was carrying the WO-S vs. Silsbee game?

Wo-s decided to go to the ball control\play keep away offense because they didn't feel Silsbee could score much on them, which they couldn't. I hate ball control it makes for a boring game and you put too much pressure on your defense. We usually mix our plays up better than this, but seem like all our home games they decide to be conservative on offense...that needs to stop. Two dropped touchdowns for Wo-s...can't happen...concentrate on the ball guys. James Haynes did really good kicking the ball. Special teams need to do better the next game...can't keep giving teams a short field. I know the defense is good, but Silsbee scored their only touchdown because they were given a short field.

Silsbee not taking advantage of their first half opportunities when they got down to the WOS 2 and 10 yard lines and not coming away with any points just spelled doom for the Tigers. When you play a great team like the Stangs with that great defense, you have to make good on those scoring opportunities, they don't come very often.

WOS has definetly been a second half team this year and it showed last night. Mustang defense won that game by just limiting the Silsbee's offense to just 10 offensive plays in the second half. WOS just grounded it out offensively, eating up the clock and wearing down the Tiger defense. The WOS coaching staff made their adjustments at halftime and that was the difference. Silsbee had out played WOS in the first half, out gaining the Stangs 139-102. But not getting but 6 points out of those 4 redzone opportunities in the first half really hurt the Tigers.

As long as the WOS defense keeps playing this well, the Mustangs will be making another deep run in the playoffs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83