*WO-S 17 Silsbee 6 Final/Comments*

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WO-S it must be great to be in 3A ;D ;D

Wasn't this the team that PNG DISMANTLED............22-4A

Its also a team that about 4 of the 22-4A teams would run right through.......WO-S prolly just felt bad about RUNNIN UP the SCORE in the HJ game ;D

Yeah, but we have a better record in 4A since dropping than most - including PN-G.  ;D In fact, we've beaten the 22-4A district champs every year since dropping.

When is one of those mighty 22-4A teams gonna be able to beat this little ol' 3A team?

And WO-S beat the Dayton team who destroyed Ozen 33-0 - the Ozen team that came within two of beating PN-G. You can't tell anything by common opponents. HF whooped Silsbee, Silsbee hung with us, we whooped HF.

Great game two good teams and the better team won. Silsbee great job on defense I was proud several consecutive 3 and outs. Unfortunately we had 3 redzone appearences that came to 4th down and instead of kicking we went for it and didnt get anything. But we fought hard and had a good game and scrub support. Go Tigers!

Its also a team that about 4 of the 22-4A teams would run right through.......WO-S prolly just felt bad about RUNNIN UP the SCORE in the HJ game ;D

I sure hope you are kidding. Now you sound like a Lumberton fan. Do some research before you flap your mouth. Our little ole 3A team has embarassed 22-4A for the past 4 years now. 8)

In case you haven't noticed football is inconsistent even at the college level, so why would you expect a high school team that changes from week to week to remain static throughout the season, especially with the constant battle for positions that is prevalent at this level. Forgive me if I assumed you would be a bit more observant. To tell you the truth I was very disappointed with this game, I think Silsbee should have won. I'm not going to down Silsbee's coaches but it seemed as if they caught the other team off guard until they get into the redzone, then it was back to busted plays. 8)

I am pretty sure WOS can compete at the 4A level, they were doing it for years and they still can compete with the majority of the schools at that level.

They do it every year look at their non district schedule and look at your teams non district schedule.

No Comparison ;D

I seriously doubt 4 of those 22 4A would run through WOS

Guest Wos Grad 2000

mustang85 post

This is more like it.  We finally played a team with a few descent athletes and the wonderful mustang playcalling showed back.  Let me tell you something people, the reason I end every post with THANK GOD FOR CORNEL THOMPSON, is because that is the #1 reason that we win.  Look what happened the four years Thompson was gone. Look what happens every time we play a team that has athletes, the game is alot closer than it should be.  That basically gives our defense no chance for error.  The unfortunate thing about that is eventually that will cost us our season.  The only question is who not if.  Who will be this years giddings(06), or silsbee(98), or ozen(03),or unbelievably huffman(EMBARASSING).  I will always stay to the end of every game, because I am a dedicated wos fan, and that is my alma mater, but it is very disappointing to watch this pathetic display year after year.  It's almost time for another gpruitt artilcle in the orange leader.  Good Luck Mustang Players!  THANK GOD FOR CORNEL THOMPSON!

THANK GOD FOR CORNEL THOMPSON! AMEN!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83