state chances for setx

i agree on east chambers. from the way everyone makes out that thomas guy he's like jesus? i'm hoping buna takes them out in district though because a good buddy of mine is that quick little running back by the name of smith!

newton will always be in the mix too. at least while barbay there. he's a mathematician of football.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Premature!!! I think. Let’s worry about our area districts before we try to compare with regions.

There is always a tendency to discount the district you play in due to familiarity.

When competition is good within the district it prepares you for the playoff competition. We all know each other to well to evaluate how we match up outside the area.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tigersvoice

so answer this question how long will WOS hold the district champ spot?

ST4Life,  I wish you wouldn't get yourself into these kind of

arguments.  I'm sure you saw the Silsbee / WO-S game last night.  Did you count their Soph's and Junior's on the varsity?  More than us.  Stay positive - let's get those Tigers into the playoffs this year and worry about next year - next year.

Guest airitout123

ST4Life,  I wish you wouldn't get yourself into these kind of

arguments.  I'm sure you saw the Silsbee / WO-S game last night.  Did you count their Soph's and Junior's on the varsity?  More than us.  Stay positive - let's get those Tigers into the playoffs this year and worry about next year - next year.

Good point.  Everyone has young players.

hey WOS92  ;D West Brook has a really good chance of going to state i mean they went in 82 so why wouldnt they be able to go now ::) and we have beat Katy before so thats all that really matters ::)

sorry dude, I wish you were correct by saying that WB had beaten Katy before. Only twice has WB played them. The first was in 1994, the 5A Div 1 Quarterfinals, in which we lost 31-28. The second was in 2005, the 5A Div 2 Regional semi's in a 42-8 loss. Hopefully, maybe that will change if we have the opportunity to play them this year! ;D

sorry dude, I wish you were correct by saying that WB had beaten Katy before. Only twice has WB played them. The first was in 1994, the 5A Div 1 Quarterfinals, in which we lost 31-28. The second was in 2005, the 5A Div 2 Regional semi's in a 42-8 loss. Hopefully, maybe that will change if we have the opportunity to play them this year! ;D

Katy SUCKS!  >:(

It takes a really special team to be a state champion or to even get to the game. I think that there are several teams in the area that have the potential to get there, but they are going to have to start improving dramatically to get there. You have to be perfect and frankly a little lucky to do it.  We got very close in 98, 2000 and about 01 or 02, the closest being the latter. PNG was there in 99.  Those teams were far better than any team I have seen play this year in all of those years and yet when we met Bay City and Smithson Valley we were humbled by what "real" state championship quality football looks like.

I would love to see a SC come out of 22-4A but for those of you that are thinking you got it, think again. You need to raise the bar, and then double that and you might be close to what you need to be.

One of our teams might get there but we all got a LOOOOOOONG way to go to be good enough to get out of R3, much less get to "the game". Ask WOS, they will tell you.

I hate to say this, but i don't think anyone in 22-4A can beat crosby, they look pretty dang good this year

are you serious? Crosby beat PNG 7-0 in quite possibly the worst game the Indians have played all year BY FAR. If those two play again in the playoffs, PNG wins easily. Just making the playoffs will be a more difficult task than beating Crosby if the two were to matchup again.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83