state chances for setx

nederland beat central and brenham. they get points for those teams.

okay now,central have been up and down all year. soulja know his team and sounds like coaching and imo poor qb play. so,they lucked out.

brenham's secondary is weak and scared and sampre(sp) picked them apart. bellows would have been eaten alive had he started. bellows is good,but against who??? look at the combined record of the teams nederland played(remove central and brenham). nederland is a second rd team at this point.

GO BULLDOGS!!!(HOLDING UP A SILLY BET)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nederland beat central and brenham. they get points for those teams.

okay now,central have been up and down all year. soulja know his team and sounds like coaching and imo poor qb play. so,they lucked out.

brenham's secondary is weak and scared and sampre(sp) picked them apart. bellows would have been eaten alive had he started. bellows is good,but against who??? look at the combined record of the teams nederland played(remove central and brenham). nederland is a second rd team at this point.

GO BULLDOGS!!!(HOLDING UP A SILLY BET)

anim_lol.gif

U are soooo comedy!!!  This is highschool no team plays six contendors in the firt weeks of the year!!!  There are always gimme games.  Personally I can't stand MC but I always call a cow a cow!!!  region 3 has beatable teams in 4A!!!!!

anim_lol.gif

U are soooo comedy!!!  This is highschool no team plays six contendors in the firt weeks of the year!!!  There are always gimme games.  Personally I can't stand MC but I always call a cow a cow!!!  region 3 has beatable teams in 4A!!!!!

ummm....nederland don't play contenders in the beginning. i take you back to the 2002-2005 PAM schedule!!! we played powerhouses and ranked teams.

West Orange Stark is playing the best football right now and they seem to be getting better by the week. They definitly have the best shot at winning state.

I forgot, IF they can get by our Liberty Panthers in the first round    ;D  ;D  ;D

ummm....nederland don't play contenders in the beginning. i take you back to the 2002-2005 PAM schedule!!! we played powerhouses and ranked teams.

I loved your schedule back then... it was good for the program..  yall went like 2-8 during that phase but it was still good for the program...  i wish WB would do that instead of playing Central and Ozen...  I would miss the CHS - Brook gam series (Historic) but I think it would be better for thier team!!!

No team has an easy road. In 5A it's The Brook, 4A- Nederland, 3A- WOS and 2A- Newton. Yes, WOS has Giddings and LH on the horizon (hopefully). However, if you look at those teams scores this year, they have given up a ton of points. I think WOS will match up well against either one.

Guest BigHam

I loved your schedule back then... it was good for the program..  yall went like 2-8 during that phase but it was still good for the program...  i wish WB would do that instead of playing Central and Ozen...  I would miss the CHS - Brook gam series (Historic) but I think it would be better for thier team!!!

I don't think BISD will ever let the Bmt Bowl series die. I to would miss the Central game. Let's see what happens after the re-zoning. Maybe Brook will be in a district with 7. If so, than Stump could get his wish and play Westfield and Lufkin every year.

Guest maverick24

anim_lol.gif

WOW what a double standard on this board!! Almost everyone trashed Lumberton for haveing a weak Predistrict schedule. Now to defend a M.C. Team we say no one plays 6 contenders in the first weeks.

Get real no one in SETX has a state WINNING looking team right now in 5 weeks that may be dif. if so I will say I was wrong but now NO ONE not even the RAIDERS!!!!!!! ;D

Guest WBFan09

they arent asking state WINNING teams they want who has the best chance...id have to go with WOS and the Brook...if you look at the projected playoff pairings i think WB has a good chance of going a good ways and WOS's O can stand their own against the good teams in 3a

Nederland is my Darkhorse....they might not have played a bunch of amazing teams but they are playing with their back up QB and racking up points left and right

2-8 as far as preseason??? that is incorrect. we beat cc ray twice,lamar twice,clear creek, we also played forrest brook(i shouldn't count that one)and won. we lost to s.v.twice,we lost to lufkin,both tyler schools,lost to mid-land lee twice. that's atleast a 6-7 record during that span

2-8 as far as preseason??? that is incorrect. we beat cc ray twice,lamar twice,clear creek, we also played forrest brook(i shouldn't count that one)and won. we lost to s.v.twice,we lost to lufkin,both tyler schools,lost to mid-land lee twice. that's atleast a 6-7 record during that span

You darn right! you shouldn't count this one!

I counted...  Smthson Valley 0-2, I counted CC Ray only one year because they were trash there next year... barely made .500,

Tyler, John Tyler, and Midland Lee for two years 0-6 rounds out the loses, Clear Creek Victory that year was the other big win!

Like I said 2-8!!!!!

we didn't play the tyler schools two in a row. tyler lee played some out of state team. sorry i count all victories. had we lost to ray and fb,you would have counted them. 6-7.

If you count all victories, then quit trashing evrybody elses schedule.

In all honesty, I think that Se Texas has limited chances to have a state champ this year.  It seems that our talent level has waned over the years.  In 5a, WB seems to be the frontrunner, 4A, Nederland, 3A, WOS, 2A Newton.  It is still VERY early and much football is left to be played, but that is how it looks right now.

BTW, titan, did I almost hear you giving Nederland props?  You really are scaring the hell out of me if you did.

it's one thing to play a weak school,but then to brag about it and try and make it seem like that school is legit is down right wrong. that's why i trash other "schools". not only that,but we had to play fb because and cc ray.why??? BECAUSE MC AND BMT STRAIGHT UP DIDN'T WANT TO PLAY US!!! why would the district want to spend money on hotels,charter buses,and kids missing 2 days worth of school??? for the fun of it??? some "schools" have/had a choice to play a school much closer and better and they wimp out.

i'm only honering a bet i made if nederland had beaten central.

Texas is big, your right. If WOS can get by Giddings and Liberty Hill there're in the Big Dance. Cuero (3A) nearly beat Liberty Hill and Bay City beat Cuero, so i think WOS has a shot along with Newton. Nederland could go far as well.

If somehow La Grange can beat out Bellville and Navasota for the 3rd playoff spot in District 23, Giddings will go Division I (assuming Giddings and Caldwell nab the top 2 spots).

In 5A, it will all depend on which division West Brook ends up relative to Katy.  If they are in different Divisions, I think West Brook could easily make a 3 or 4 round run, if not more.

In 4A, whichever team goes Division I should have the easier road early on in the playoffs without a doubt, but #1 Copperas Cove will be Division I, possibly waiting in the finals.

In 3A, Division I should also be quite a bit easier.  7 of the 15 undefeated teams in the state are in Region III, and the way it's looking now, all 7 of them are going to end up Division II (La Vega, China Spring, Diboll, Liberty Hill, Giddings, Caldwell, & Columbus).  Whoever survives Region III will likely have Cuero and then Celina waiting next.

In 2A, the Division I team has to get by Marlin and Tatum, and the Division II teams have an even tougher task trying to knock off Mart.

In 1A, I don't think there are even any 2A teams that could challenge Alto in Division I.  In Division II, the field is open in Regions III and IV.

Guest TravelingBandsman

I think Dayton and Nederland can get to at least round 2. I do think both of these will make it to the playoffs. If Dayton gets Lower Seed Division II, then we're screwed, because that means La Marque.

i get the feeling this is only reffering to public schools but kelly does have chance at taking state in TAPPS...if they beat Sulfur this week i predict they make it all the way to the state game unbeaten but if they lose then it could be a diffrent story in district play, but either way they should have a deep run in the playoffs

Guest tigersvoice

Sorry to be the "Ney" sayer this year, but there are NO (Nada,

Nil, Zip, Zero) teams from Southeast Texas this year that will make it to the finals in any class.  The strength is just not there.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83