state chances for setx

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FPHS 78

I hear your UUUMMM, Coop.  Who do you think might make it to the STATE FINALS, and I'm not talking Private Schools?

why exclude the private schools?  they play ball... ???  

Guest tigersvoice

I played at Eagle Lake before most of you were born.  We were in a District with Giddings, along with Smithville, Bastrop, Luling, Halletsville, and Weimer.  Giddings beat our heads in EVERY YEAR.  When I was a Freshman, they beat us something like 55 - 6 at our place and were State Champions.  I've had my fill of Giddings.  In four years of high school football in the 50's we never beat them.  Damn those Buffaloes as far as I'm concerned -but yet, you still have to get past them!!  This was all Class A ball.  Those were great years.  Here's a story from an old player -

in my day school started the Tuesday after Labor Day (and I'm sure that many of you had the same schedule) but we had a game at Cypress-Fairbanks the Friday before school started.  So, I played in my first high school game before I was officially in high school.  Cypress-Fairbanks was a Class A school back then sitting out on the prairie - you could see those stadium lights for  40 miles away.  We ended in a 7 - 7 tie that night.  Cypress-Fairbanks has, what?  5 five A schools in their district now?  I've lost count - but Eagle Lake no longer exists.  No, the district has been consolidated into the Rice Consolidated School District which is 2 A, I think.  Heck, with the advent of the 5 A rankings, Eagle Lake would have been 2 A on it's own.  Nostalgia - it's good for the soul!!

But, when did they get by Giddings?

We are 1-1 with Giddings. We smoked them in 05 42-21 and lost last year 21-13 in a game where we could have played better. Giddings may have that mystique with you and their little neck of the woods, but it will take more than that for them to bring down the Stangs again.

Again, the post was about who has the best chance to win, not who WILL win. I think WOS probably has the best chance of any school in the area simply because our defense is playing so well.

it's one thing to play a weak school,but then to brag about it and try and make it seem like that school is legit is down right wrong. that's why i trash other "schools". not only that,but we had to play fb because and cc ray.why??? BECAUSE MC AND BMT STRAIGHT UP DIDN'T WANT TO PLAY US!!! why would the district want to spend money on hotels,charter buses,and kids missing 2 days worth of school??? for the fun of it??? some "schools" have/had a choice to play a school much closer and better and they wimp out.

i'm only honering a bet i made if nederland had beaten central.

I wanted to play you guys and I knew you guys were stronger...  But that iis besides the point.... The thread is what team from this area this year can make state...  Memorial is not even in the picture... lol

Guest doubles_gun

I dont think anyone has a legitmate chance to Win the State Championship this year from the area. I think a lot of teams have the potential to make a great post season run.

Teams to look for

5A - WB

4A - Nederland

3A- W-O-S 

2A- Newton

look at the triangle. now i know rankings don't mean ANYTHING,but look at 22-4a. they have one team at #11. over here in galvston co. we have three ranked teams in the same district...two in the top 10. the triangle is far from reaching a state title game.

the brook is the front runner only because: they will win 21-5a,therefore facing scrub teams in the first couple of rds. the will barly get out of rd. 3 and ow ou rd.4. that's far better than ANY team in the triangle. PAM will bow out rd 2. Nederland rd 2,3 at the most.Dayton 3 rds.central/lumberton 2rd's maybe the first.

ummm....nederland don't play contenders in the beginning. i take you back to the 2002-2005 PAM schedule!!! we played powerhouses and ranked teams.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Ned's non-district schedule include  La Marque, Texas City, & Friendswood at various points during this time frame?  

Guest ST4life

We'll see.

we'll see WOS lose. They will go just as far as Silsbee just like last year. 8)

WOS will not win state they will go 2 deep that is it and Silsbee will go 2 deep

next year Silsbee wins district with all of the young guns comming back

sorry coop ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476