*SETXsports.com Rankings After Week 5*

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest maverick24

Everyone should chill. This is Coops poll if you dont like it make your own. It is not like anyone of us on here really know who the best 10 teams are in order unless they all played each other in a tourney it is just opinion.  Have fun with it.

Guest ECBucFan

Look at Newton's strength of schedule compared to Buna, and EC...

EC wanted to play Newton these past two years, and Newton refused. I appreciate Sheppard, OF, H-F, and H-J for being willing to play, and not ducking us like Newton did. 

WOS87.. are you saying rankings should be based on strength of schedule?  If so, that logic is seriously flawed.  The reason many teams have higher ranked scheduled is because they are playing better teams yet the are losing.  The winning teams are getting lower rating because they are beating the teams with higher ranked schedules.  For instant, EC has beaten two teams with higher schedule rankings. One is at 60% and the other is at 70%.  Yet EC is at 48%.

Also, thanks COOP for this forum.  This is my 1st post.  Be gentle.

Why can't you move a team that is undefeated down? College polls have teams with one or two losses ahead of teams that are undefeated all the time. If a teams is better than they should be ranked higher than the team that does not have a lose. In this case Newton is better than Buna and I honestly think Newton should be ahead of Kirbyville also. Rankings are all about the better team. WOS, and Kirbyville both have one lose this season why isn't Buna ahead of them they have a lose they should fall behind the undefeated teams if that is the case.

OMG, do you really think Buna could beat WOS? :D :D :D :D :D :D

Everyone should chill. This is Coops poll if you dont like it make your own. It is not like anyone of us on here really know who the best 10 teams are in order unless they all played each other in a tourney it is just opinion.  Have fun with it.

Won't argue with COOP or your post.

(But my cousin's neighbor's co-worker told me that Lumb. wanted to play

Odessa-Permian and they were denied.)  :-X :-Xssshhhhhhhhhhh  :-X :-X

Guest EagleFan01

OMG, do you really think Buna could beat WOS? :D :D :D :D :D :D

Not what I said, Coop said the reason that Buna was ahead of Newton was because they are undefeated and I said in that case they should be ahead of WOS because they have a lose and Buna doesn't...

Guest EagleFan01

ROFLMAO!  ;D

Newton has never been and never will be scared to play anyone. Barbay didn't play EC because he wanted to play a better program that would make his team better. We had just got done beating you guys down the year before in district and the year before that. He didn't want to play a game that wouldn't make his team better.

Newton has never been and never will be scared to play anyone. Barbay didn't play EC because he wanted to play a better program that would make his team better. We had just got done beating you guys down the year before in district and the year before that. He didn't want to play a game that wouldn't make his team better.

Newton spanked EC in 2005 but they were darn lucky to get out of Winnie with a win in 2004.

Guest ECBucFan

Barbay didn't play EC because he wanted to play a better program that would make his team better.

Stick to that story if you want to...help yourself!  Truth is Barbay was smart enough to not want any piece of Thomas, V-Mac, Trammel, LeDay, Guillory, etc. these past two years. He knew!  ;D

i wont to know what is up with everone bashing buna.  everyone says they run up the score but that is not true punting on 3rd down, kickin field goals on 3rd down and knealing the ball on the 1 yard line with 3 min doesnt sound bad. and as for everone sayin that buna does this bad and this bad why cant they do something good. i never hear of anyone else but lumberton getting bashed. and they dont deserve it either. so could it be that these two teams getting bashed on all the time could be actually good teams, but nobody will admit it cause they were not as good a few years back

Guest ECBucFan

Barbay didn't play EC ecause he wanted to play a better program that would make his team better.

So, kind sir, pray tell: Why on earth did Barbay agree to play EC these next two years?

Try to spin that one, EF01!    Guess we can call the game Bucs vs. DUCKS!  ;D :D ;D :D

??? I guess you must have missed the scrimmage between Buna and Newton...  ;D

Newton scored very little. By the way Orangefield 3A, Tarkington 3A. Buna has an excellent team this year, and there is really no reason to keep bashing them. Respect the team for what they are doing, because it really doesn't matter what you do pre-season when it comes to district play. Buna has shown respect for all the teams they have played. The have also played their second string in every game, sometimes even before halftime. These boys have worked hard, and they deserve the same respect that they have given others.

Guest EagleFan01

Respect what the two 3A teams that you just talked about are sorry as hell..... Then you go and play 1A schools what is that all about..... RESPECT IS NOT GIVIN IT IS EARNED AND BUNA HAS NO RESPECT AT ALL YET, BEAT A COUPLE GOOD TEAMS THEN YOU CAN GET RESPECT. OH AND THE SCRIMMAGE COMMENT WHEN YOU ARE NOT USED TO WINNING YOU START TO COUNT SCRIMMAGE'S AS GAMES AND YOU PUT THEM IN YOUR WIN COLUMN. NEWTON DID SCORE ALOT IN THAT SCRIMMAGE, YOU ONLY SCORED ON NEWTON THAT ONE TIME, BUNA SCORED ALOT ON CENTER BUT NOT NEWTON.

Guest EagleFan01

So, kind sir, pray tell: Why on earth did Barbay agree to play EC these next two years?

Try to spin that one, EF01!     Guess we can call the game Bucs vs. DUCKS!  ;D :D ;D :D

I TOLD YOU WHY CURTIS DIDN'T PLAY YOU GUYS THE LAST TWO SEASON'S WHY WOULD HE PLAY SOMEONE THAT HE JUST FINISHED PLAYING THE LAST TWO SEASONS AND THEN YOU TRY TO NEVER SCHEDULE A GAME THAT COULD POSSIBLE BE A FIRST ROUND OPPONENT IN THE PLAYOFFS.

I TOLD YOU WHY CURTIS DIDN'T PLAY YOU GUYS THE LAST TWO SEASON'S WHY WOULD HE PLAY SOMEONE THAT HE JUST FINISHED PLAYING THE LAST TWO SEASONS AND THEN YOU TRY TO NEVER SCHEDULE A GAME THAT COULD POSSIBLE BE A FIRST ROUND OPPONENT IN THE PLAYOFFS.

FYI - I think you accidently left your caps lock on.  :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder