13.Deweyville

14.Liberty

15.Evadale

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EagleFan01

Seriously Coop get it right... You know as well as everyone else does that Newton should be ahead of Buna, yeah they are undefeated but they have yet to play a team that is any good. If Buna would have played Newton's schedule they would not have one a game in the pre-season.

Seriously Coop get it right... You know as well as everyone else does that Newton should be ahead of Buna, yeah they are undefeated but they have yet to play a team that is any good. If Buna would have played Newton's schedule they would not have one a game in the pre-season.

So true, so true.

Silsbee could be, not should be, but could be a little higher also.

Kirbyville didn't drop much after getting blown out. Go figure

Buna hasn't lost!!!

undefeated at this point means nothing if the quality of opponents isn't there.  sometimes a 7 point loss can be more impressive than a 40 point win.

HAHAHA!!

Try to explain that to any number of Lumberton fans and watch the flames start.

Guest EagleFan01

Buna hasn't lost!!!

Undefeated doesn't mean nothing when you are playing sorry ass 1A schools. Come on Coop this is like the 6th week in a row that the rankings have been off. Like I said earlier let Buna play Newton schedule and they would have went into district without a win. Lets try and get it right next week.....

Guest EagleFan01

Why can't you move a team that is undefeated down? College polls have teams with one or two losses ahead of teams that are undefeated all the time. If a teams is better than they should be ranked higher than the team that does not have a lose. In this case Newton is better than Buna and I honestly think Newton should be ahead of Kirbyville also. Rankings are all about the better team. WOS, and Kirbyville both have one lose this season why isn't Buna ahead of them they have a lose they should fall behind the undefeated teams if that is the case.

3A-Privates are in together. I can't move a team ahead of an unbeaten team. You talk about the thread blowing up. :D

There's obvious holes in this statement. There are teams with losses ahead of some unbeatens in this poll.

Hey, I'm just given you a hard time Coop. Really, these polls are fine with me.

You can't please everyone.

Big School (5A-4A)

1. Nederland

2. West Brook

3. Lumberton

4. Memorial

5. PN-G

6. Central

7. Dayton

8. Barbers Hill

9. LC-M

10.Ozen

Small School (3A-Privates)

1. WO-S

2. East Chambers

3. Kirbyville

4. Kelly

5. Buna

6. Newton

7. Hardin

8. Silsbee

9. Hamshire Fannett

10.Jasper

11.Woodville

12.Kountze

13.Deweyville

14.Liberty

15.Evadale

I'm not sure what this means.  Are you saying that Nederland beats WB head to head ??? ???  Or does this mean that Ned is a stronger 4A than Brook in 5A?

Guest WBFan09

5A and 4A are together.

Coop come one now our one loss is to Westfield in a close game...thats all we should be number 1 if it was points system it would prolly be like this though

1 West Brook   1440

2 Nederland     1439

so i definitley agree its a close one

Guest WeedBegone

WB vs Nederland----Who wins this game.  Who would you pick.  Coop picks Nederland according to this thread which is ok--i'll still watch him. 

But how does the rest of you feel.

Guest Robert Plant

heck, i'd put em up pretty high in the big school rankings.that top 10 is pretty weak

Why? Who have they played? I really want to know why they should be 1 or 2 or even in the top 10 of the big schools. You might be right. I don't know,,,,

Of all the current unbeaten teams in the area, Nederland is the only one that has a strength of schedule over 50%. 

Combined records of opponents (Strength of Schedule) thru Week 5:

(games vs. the team in question are not added in, otherwise it skews it downward for the more successful teams, i.e. Ned's would be 14-12, Buna 4-22, Lumberton 4-21)

Undefeated teams

Nederland 14-7 (67%)

East Chambers 10-11 (48%)

Hardin 12-15 (44%)

Kelly 8-13 (38%)

Lumberton 4-16 (20%)

Buna 4-17 (19%)

Among the leaders in the area:

Vidor 17-3 (85%) - 4 of their 5 opponents are undefeated

Dayton 15-6 (71%)

Hamshire-Fannett 14-6 (70%)

Nederland 14-7 (67%)