Lindale vs Austin LBJ

The Lake

Guest ECBucFan

Whew. Where do I even start?

First the crowds. LBJ's was pretty sparse. Lindale had a huge crowd, and many (maybe 30%) were waving American flags during the National Anthem. I have never seen that. It was pretty cool. 

First half, LBJ took it to Lindale. Lindales stud RB could hardly make a yard. Their whole team looked uninterested to play. LBJ ran through Lindales D with abandon. LBJ could make 5-10 yards on any play they wanted, due to their MASSIVE O line. Them boys were not that tall but were probably 300lbs. each. However, LBJ kept the penalty flags flying! I can not remember a team so heavily penalized. Most of them were stupid mistakes behind the play. Why chop block a slow Lindale D lineman when the play is already 10 yards past him? Stupid stuff like that, over and over. Despite all the penalties, LBJ rolled over Lindale the first half, aided by Lindale fumbleitis, and Lindale trying to run their QB without any success.

Halftime, outstanding band perforance by Lindale. Huge band that caught everyones attention. Just excellent. As band was on the feild, the rains came down hard for about 10 min. I wondered aloud if the wet field would affect anything.

Second half Lindale comes out fired up. LBJ now has trouble sustaining drives. LBJ fumbles into endzone and Lindale quickly scores. The fan base goes wild. LBJ still comitting lots of penalties. Lindales D steps up even more, while Jenkins finally starts breaking long runs. Lindales D starts stuffing LBJ. Lindale creeps back into the game. LBJ starts to look rattled. Lindale scores with 4:40 left to tie it up. Stadium goes wild. LBJ goes for it on 4th down back around Lindales 35, gets stuffed. Why does the LBJ coach do that? He opens the door for a disaster. LBJ holds though, and then repeates the exact same mistake again! What on earth??? This time Lindale runs down inside the 10 with seconds left. Then the 3. Lindale takes delay penalty to back up 5 for a better FG angle. LBJ jumps off sides twice before the game winning kick is attempted. On the third try, LBJ busts through the line and kick is blocked and returned 90 yards for TD with 00:00. LBJ celebrates but penalty is assesed for offsides yet again. On the 4th attempt with 00:00 on the clock, Lindales kicker blasts the game winning FG. 31-28 final.         

It was an incredible game to watch. LBJ has a much faster and better team but OMG did they kill themselves with penalties. The LBJ coaches were crazy for giving Lindale the ball back twice at the end of the game on 4th downs on their side of the feild instead of just punting away. Just crazy. As much as I enjoyed this game, it sadly reminded me so much of EC's loss to Yoakum in the 2nd round. LBJ flat out gave the game away, and Lindale just would just never quit. In the end they wanted it more. Whew.      

8 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

Whew. Where do I even start?

First the crowds. LBJ's was pretty sparse. Lindale had a huge crowd, and many (maybe 30%) were waving American flags during the National Anthem. I have never seen that. It was pretty cool. 

First half, LBJ took it to Lindale. Lindales stud RB could hardly make a yard. Their whole team looked uninterested to play. LBJ ran through Lindales D with abandon. LBJ could make 5-10 yards on any play they wanted, due to their MASSIVE O line. Them boys were not that tall but were probably 300lbs. each. However, LBJ kept the penalty flags flying! I can not remember a team so heavily penalized. Most of them were stupid mistakes behind the play. Why chop block a slow Lindale D lineman when the play is already 10 yards past him? Stupid stuff like that, over and over. Despite all the penalties, LBJ rolled over Lindale the first half, aided by Lindale fumbleitis, and Lindale trying to run their QB without any success.

Halftime, outstanding band perforance by Lindale. Huge band that caught everyones attention. Just excellent. As band was on the feild, the rains came down hard for about 10 min. I wondered aloud if the wet field would affect anything.

Second half Lindale comes out fired up. LBJ now has trouble sustaining drives. LBJ fumbles into endzone and Lindale quickly scores. The fan base goes wild. LBJ still comitting lots of penalties. Lindales D steps up even more, while Jenkins finally starts breaking long runs. Lindales D starts stuffing LBJ. Lindale creeps back into the game. LBJ starts to look rattled. Lindale scores with 4:40 left to tie it up. Stadium goes wild. LBJ goes for it on 4th down back around Lindales 35, gets stuffed. Why does the LBJ coach do that? He opens the door for a disaster. LBJ holds though, and then repeates the exact same mistake again! What on earth??? This time Lindale runs down inside the 10 with seconds left. Then the 3. Lindale takes delay penalty to back up 5 for a better FG angle. LBJ jumps off sides twice before the game winning kick is attempted. On the third try, LBJ busts through the line and kick is blocked and returned 90 yards for TD with 00:00. LBJ celebrates but penalty is assesed for offsides yet again. On the 4th attempt with 00:00 on the clock, Lindales kicker blasts the game winning FG. 31-28 final.         

It was an incredible game to watch. LBJ has a much faster and better team but OMG did they kill themselves with penalties. The LBJ coaches were crazy for giving Lindale the ball back twice at the end of the game on 4th downs on their side of the feild instead of just punting away. Just crazy. As much as I enjoyed this game, it sadly reminded me so much of EC's loss to Yoakum in the 2nd round. LBJ flat out gave the game away, and Lindale just would just never quit. In the end they wanted it more. Whew.      

Great reporting/post.  No one can explain why the LBJ Coach, on his own 35, goes TWICE on 4&1.   They ran a hurry-up offense all night.  At first L D was off balance.   But as they adjusted, LBJ’s huge OL, especially the 2 Guards, seem to run out of gas.   Lindale has certainly been in some exciting games.  I expect Argyle to blow them out, but like FBM vs PNG, I hope they surprise me.  A lot depends on what condition Jenkins is in.  That young man is a gamer.  

On 12/12/2020 at 12:03 AM, Lightning/Eagle said:

Offside on the kid that blocked it. He was two steps offside and a no doubt penalty.

The kid that blocked it came right up the middle? Was not a no doubt penalty from that video... The video starts with the snap functionally and from the angle e have literally no one can tell where the LOS is. The kid on the far end of the line looks like he might be offsides, but looked like the defense was timing the snap. 

Anyone saying no doubt from that video is silly.