Best High School Football Players you have ever seen

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been alot of great ones in SE Tx but Little Joe and Jeff the Jet get my vote.  Bergeron didn't have as much success after high school as some of the others that have been mentioned but in high school he was unbelievable.

Two names I can't believe have not been on here yet, Deon Beasley of WOS and Dustin Long of PNG

Are you serious, deon and dustin, thats the best you've EVER seen? you need to watch more h.s. football gabe, theyre ok but the best...NO SIR.

Jay Mcgwire from silsbee was one of the best h.s. athletes ive ever seen play.

Like I care what you think? You bash every post I ever put. I am only 28 years old and seen more HS football than you can dream of - plus I was smart enough to find a way to get paid for it.

As for as my picks, Long was a great, great QB. If you question that start watching ice skating.

As for as Beasley - he was worth price of admission.

Then take a second grade class again to help read because I never once even said they were the best I seen. I said I can't believe their names had not been brought up and I wanted to give them some respect.

Gabe, Gabe!  You're displaying the temper of an Editor.  I remember when you were that happy-go-lucky, quick witted sports writer. ;D  

Man you have no idea!  :D

After I put thought into who my tops are I go like this in no order...

Beasley is in the list - He was flat out amazing with the football in his hands. Go check the stats if anyone has a problem with it.

Charles was incredible

Hate to admit it since I'm a PNG guy but Briles from Stephensville sure looked good that night  :'(

Earl Thomas - did anything and everything and did them to a superstar level. His senior year he barely left the field.

Drew Tate

VY's hightlight tapes are incredible.

Cant go wrong with that list but I'm sure IUOE will cause of his man-crush on me.

DUSTIN LONG was one of the top ball players I have seen and I have seen games all over the country for free and the love of the game. How many of his games did you see? I saw every game he played from his soph year until he stopped at the Texas State champoinship game. This kid was the real deal he may not have been all bright and shiney but he had all th things it takes to have been a great QB as he was. If he would HAD MADE BETTER COLLEGE CHOICES HE WOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE PROS. Now that being said all the people you all have posted are good or great players the ones that I know anyways.

DUSTIN LONG was one of the top ball players I have seen and I have seen games all over the country for free and the love of the game. How many of his games did you see? I saw every game he played from his soph year until he stopped at the Texas State champoinship game. This kid was the real deal he may not have been all bright and shiney but he had all th things it takes to have been a great QB as he was. If he would HAD MADE BETTER COLLEGE CHOICES HE WOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE PROS. Now that being said all the people you all have posted are good or great players the ones that I know anyways.

Hope you realize I agree with Long. I didn't put him in my list but I could have easily done so. I went to PNG and was a senior when Long was a sophomore. He was impressive then and kept it going in college.

Any old timers out there from Bmt.Ned.Cedar Bayou area ever hear the name Sterling Griffin from Liberty Tx?In late 40's ran through everbody,has held the td record @Liberty for 60 yrs.-Bum Phillips(one of the most feared lineman from Bmt).talked Lamar University into giving him a scholarship.He went & soon after Transferred to Baylor.Never got to see my dad play live.Only parts of some film,got is huge scrapbook.I was born in 1949 @put the skids on his college.

Two names I can't believe have not been on here yet, Deon Beasley of WOS and Dustin Long of PNG

Are you serious, deon and dustin, thats the best you've EVER seen? you need to watch more h.s. football gabe, theyre ok but the best...NO SIR.

Jay Mcgwire from silsbee was one of the best h.s. athletes ive ever seen play.

I watch a lot of HS football....Dustin Long was very special...And I'm not just a Homer!!!!

Ok mine will be a little different. These are guys who I watched play multiple times and & not some one time snapshot. Anyway, I'm going with the players who just popped in my head. Some you have heard of and others....maybe not.

Tony January RB West Orange Chiefs (70's): I remember watching this guy tote the rock as a kid. He was one of my early gridiorn heros. Good times. I remember that climbing up the goal posts to help hold the run-through sign was the coolest thing.

Dodge to Duhon (TJ 80's): Watched them when the Stangs would play TJ & also caught multiple playoff games. It was a beautiful thing to watch.

Ron McGill RB (PN-G 89...I think): Lived in PN & wife is from there so I attended almost all of the PN-Games during this time. I really enjoyed watching him tote the rock. He ran as if his hair was on fire.

Keith Mouton WR/RB/Returner (Katy Tigers 2000): Lived in Katy for 6 years and attended most games. The guy was Mr. Everything for the 2000 state championship team which is the BEST HS football team that I've ever seen.....by far. They dominated from the power I. They could lineup, point to the hole they were going to run through and still kick your tail for 4+ yards.....just beautiful football. Other teams knew what was coming but just could not stop it. This team finished #6 in the nation (USA Today National Rankings)

Billy Roy Bell  1978 - 1981  Dayton High School

He was something special. The teams were not that special (got knocked out early by a real good Bellville team, two years in a row i think) but Billy was fun to watch. He then played at Lamar and had a short stint in the NFL with Houston and Kansas City.

After I put thought into who my tops are I go like this in no order...

Beasley is in the list - He was flat out amazing with the football in his hands. Go check the stats if anyone has a problem with it.

Charles was incredible

Hate to admit it since I'm a PNG guy but Briles from Stephensville sure looked good that night  :'(

Earl Thomas - did anything and everything and did them to a superstar level. His senior year he barely left the field.

Drew Tate

VY's hightlight tapes are incredible.

Cant go wrong with that list but I'm sure IUOE will cause of his man-crush on me.

since youve seen more football than i have, were you at the wimberly game when beasley did absolutely nothing in crunch time? big time players make big plays in big games. end of story.

and i know you never SAID those two were the best youve ever seen, but i just assumed they were since this is the thread for the BEST H.S. PLAYERS EVER SEEN!!!

WOS hater it seems. Beasley did it up until that game. Mac Brown and Co. liked him. Or no they didn't!! They just recruited him.

i guess you don't watch the same team play on Saturdays as i do? #7 won't tackle. and no, i love wo-s football theyre a great program, just don't want certain players held up on a pedestal just because someone might KNOW them.

I don't know him. But i know he's a great Player and was in HS. Your crazy if you don't think he was. He was one of the best running QB's i've ever seen and no he didn't just look good against Orangefield and HF either.

I don't know him. But i know he's a great Player and was in HS. Your crazy if you don't think he was. He was one of the best running QB's i've ever seen and no he didn't just look good against Orangefield and HF either.

OK, my bad i don't want this thread to turn into a Deon Beasley thread so I'll concede, he's the best in burnt orange, you happy?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder