Vidor 42 Lumberton 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

• WOSgrad changed the title to Vidor 42 Lumberton 14/FINAL

The Raiders started the season FRIENDLY and finished the season FRIENDLY.  It will be interesting to see if the new AD/head football coach they hire addresses the major problem of being extremely soft and not being competitive. There must be a complete culture change and completely different attitude if the Raiders plan on winning

4 minutes ago, VP10 said:

Thank you sir, was just looking at both their schedules - they can both put up some points in a hurry it looks like.

I was checking their opponents.   Both currently have a 7-2 record, but few wins against quality teams.   Vidor’s only hope is catch them napping since the Pirates record is not impressive.   That and a few turnovers - maybe..........

Shoulda, coulda, woulda but if the refs don’t absolutely hose the Pirates last week and call back a legitimate touchdown. Vidor is the 2 seed going into the playoffs the way things shook out, shame. Maybe we make a game of our matchup though and get lucky with a few breaks to pull off the upset. The defense is going to have to play lights out though, the teams in that district puts up 35-45 points a game.

23 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Shoulda, coulda, woulda but if the refs don’t absolutely hose the Pirates last week and call back a legitimate touchdown. Vidor is the 2 seed going into the playoffs the way things shook out, shame. Maybe we make a game of our matchup though and get lucky with a few breaks to pull off the upset. The defense is going to have to play lights out though, the teams in that district put up 35-45 points a game.

I watched that video about 5-6 times.   Never did see any reason for a flag.   Good job Ref.

Great win tonight! Defense played their game like usual and run game opened up after a few series and the RBs weren't afraid to hit holes and turn it up field. No missed XPs and the punting was the best I've seen this season. If y'all didn't notice, Jordan wasn't wearing #55 tonight, he wore #99 for offensive packages but only played a handful of downs on O. 

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

I watched that video about 5-6 times.   Never did see any reason for a flag.   Good job Ref.

Yea one of the players showed me the endzone view, it was the defender who grabbed the blocker and slung him. He went flying into the sideline and tumbled to the ground at the end of the play but we got the holding penalty. 

41 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

Great win tonight! Defense played their game like usual and run game opened up after a few series and the RBs weren't afraid to hit holes and turn it up field. No missed XPs and the punting was the best I've seen this season. If y'all didn't notice, Jordan wasn't wearing #55 tonight, he wore #99 for offensive packages but only played a handful of downs on O. 

We are definitely going to need more of that next week. He needs to be wore out by the end of that game if we are going to have a chance. Lindale has some big lineman but our line play has been pretty good too this year. I noticed but I kept calling him 55 because everybody knows who that is.

5 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

We are definitely going to need more of that next week. He needs to be wore out by the end of that game if we are going to have a chance. Lindale has some big lineman but our line play has been pretty good too this year. I noticed but I kept calling him 55 because everybody knows who that is.

I agree, we're going to have to do everything we can next week and play a near flawless game to have atleast a chance to win. Our line has been really good which has been our strong point all season, so that's always promising. 

1 hour ago, Pho Rizzle said:

Our guy is just so negative that I don't think he should be representing the community. He sets a negative tone

He really does set a negative tone. Kinda ruins the morale for our fans when he's that way. He used to not be like that til the past few seasons and he's been the PA announcer for a long time.

9 hours ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

Congrats to Vidor. Good luck next week against Lindale. 

All it takes is one win to make your season. Hopefully y'all figured things out tonight.

I'm out of likes, but thank you. Congrats to your Lions on the district championship, well deserved! Good luck against Chapel Hill next week, we'll be pulling for y'all!