Huffman Hargrave 15 Vidor 13/FINAL

WOSgrad

I like how after the game teams don’t shake hands anymore. They just meet in the middle of the field and talk crap, that’s the second game in a row I have seen that from our opponents. Is this the new normal? I hope not. Vidor will shake hands with any team as we have done with most of our adversaries. Some teams are using that post game show of sportsmanship to show boat instead. 

3 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

I like how after the game teams don’t shake hands anymore. They just meet in the middle of the field and talk crap, that’s the second game in a row I have seen that from our opponents. Is this the new normal? I hope not. Vidor will shake hands with any team as we have done with most of our adversaries. Some teams are using that post game show of sportsmanship to show boat instead. 

I saw some jawing from a Vidor coach but it was, understandably, directed at the refs.  My son has always said they wave and say good game.  I haven’t heard or seen any crap talking. 

12 minutes ago, Self High 5 said:

I don't know how either team could get in a rhythm when penalties are called every other play!

This is really the issue.  Both teams suffered.  This wasn’t a legitimate game.  The spots for Vidor were generous the first quarter and it’s like they overcompensated in the second quarter for Huffman.

the TD that was called back was iffy, it wasn’t blatant or much different than what they had not called all night.  The interference call on Vidor was iffy but, yet again, they had been letting them play earlier.  Nobody won this game. Huffman had more points when the clock expired. 

both these teams kids deserved better than that. 

3 minutes ago, texbuzz said:

I saw some jawing from a Vidor coach but it was, understandably, directed at the refs.  My son has always said they wave and say good game.  I haven’t heard or seen any crap talking. 

I seen a some of the Vidor D and HH O, shaking hands and some taps on the helmet when the game ended. Hard to tell if anyone was jawing on video when they were meeting at mid field.

23 minutes ago, texbuzz said:

The kids say some talk and I’m sure some of ours do to. It’s just not very sportsman like in my opinion, to stand out there and wave goodbye to each other. If you can’t shake hands after the game then just send them into the locker room or pull them straight into your team huddle. I’m afraid you’re going to see a postgame brawl after one of these. I’m not saying anybody or an team is at fault here, I just wish someone would give some direction to clean that up.

2 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

So what's the playoff scenario for next week. Vidor plays Lumberton for a playoff spot or does more need to happen? 

Vidor beat LCM, LCM beat Lumberton.

Vidor lost to Splendora, Lumberton beats them.

Both teams has losses to Huffman and Livingston.

Vidor just has to win next week to get in but we are the four seed. Good luck beating the undefeated #1 team in the other district in the first playoff game. Likely one and done unless we play lights out, that is if we win next week. Shoot we are on the road, might run into another crew of clown show referees. 

• WOSgrad changed the title to Huffman Hargrave 15 Vidor 13/FINAL
18 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

The kids say some talk and I’m sure some of ours do to. It’s just not very sportsman like in my opinion, to stand out there and wave goodbye to each other. If you can’t shake hands after the game then just send them into the locker room or pull them straight into your team huddle. I’m afraid you’re going to see a postgame brawl after one of these. I’m not saying anybody or an team is at fault here, I just wish someone would give some direction to clean that up.

I agree. Too easy for somebody to misunderstand something and things escalate.  

and with the refs losing control of this game, it was certainly a possibility. 

2 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Vidor just has to win next week to get in but we are the four seed. Good luck beating the undefeated #1 team in the other district in the first playoff game. Likely one and done unless we play lights out, that is if we win next week. Shoot we are on the road, might run into another crew of clown show referees. 

Pretty much expecting a clown crew next week, it only seems fitting especially for the last district game for a playoff spot.

6 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Yeah, the winner of Vidor-Lumberton is in, so is winner of LCM-Splendora. I guess we'll figure out 3/4 afterwards.

Win or go home. You control your own fate. No one wants it to come down to a calculator and it won't.

20 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

So what's the playoff scenario for next week. Vidor plays Lumberton for a playoff spot or does more need to happen? 

Vidor beat LCM, LCM beat Lumberton.

Vidor lost to Splendora, Lumberton beats them.

Both teams has losses to Huffman and Livingston.

I stand corrected, didn’t realize Lumberton won tonight. Wow. So we are all tied at the bottom with 1 district win. 

HH vs Livingston for the DC next week and everybody else jockeying for 3rd and 4th.

Vidor needs to win at Lumberton and have Splendora lose to LCM. Then we get the 3rd spot, I know the Pirates can beat the Raiders but idk about the Bears beating the Wildcats. It’s possible though, Splendora has fell off and is on a losing streak after beating Vidor I’m not sure what has happened to them.

Splendora wins they get the 3 seed unless Lumberton wins they get the 3 seed unless LCM wins they get the 3 seed unless Vidor wins... lol so many possibilities but they Pirates screwed the pooch losing to Splendora when everyone else is beating them.

1 hour ago, texbuzz said:

And the kid that transferred in only played on special teams. He recovered the punt that hit the Vidor player.

That was a game changer lol as odd as it sounds. Vidor had all the momentum with the defense swarming getting sacks and TFLs then a freakish punt on 4th and forever. Poof it’s all gone, momentum can be a fickle thing sometimes. 

1 minute ago, Boneyard Boys said:

I stand corrected, didn’t realize Lumberton won tonight. Wow. So we are all tied at the bottom with 1 district win. 

HH vs Livingston for the DC next week and everybody else jockeying for 3rd and 4th.

Vidor needs to win at Lumberton and have Splendora lose to LCM. Then we get the 3rd spot, I know the Pirates can beat the Raiders but idk about the Bears beating the Wildcats. It’s possible though, Splendora has fell off and is on a losing streak after beating Vidor I’m not sure what has happened to them.

Splendora wins they get the 3 seed. Lumberton wins they get the 3 seed. Vidor or LCM wins 3rd or 4th seed depending on the other games.

Lord, next week is gonna be fun for the whole district.

Here's the deal the refs made bad calls at bad points in the game, if the vidor offense had a freaking clue and we had some coaches that could make adjustments the game shouldn't have come down to 1 play Huffman is an average team nothing special but they find away to win, with the clown coaches we got we find away to lose been watching it for along time, the ship has sailed on this staff WE WANT DUBOIS

They slipped back into using an offensive group and a defensive group. I saw very few players being utilized both ways again. I thought they had realized you need to mix those guys in on offense sometimes. I know we had no problem moving the ball tonight but you can’t tell me it wouldn’t be better if you kept some of your best personnel on the field more often. If we make the playoffs they better realize it and pull out all the stops. Play with some desperation or it’s one and done. I thought we would see it tonight but we did not. This team is not anywhere near good enough to have playmakers that can help you standing on the sidelines drinking water and cheerleading.