Huffman Hargrave 15 Vidor 13/FINAL

WOSgrad

5 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

I’m not trying to pile on, but if we are being honest, the whole preseason was nothing but talk about Vidor steamrolling this district, so the Smart A?? comment from him is somewhat justified. @LC-M has never said anything but how the LCM team needs to get better. So your not going to shame him by talking about their loss to Vidor. The best thing is to hope your team does better. It’s the only way to squash the sideways comments. Trust me, I know. I’m from Lumberton. 

May want to read all my post. I’ve been watching Vidor to long to say Vidor would steam roll this District. I did say they could make some noise but it didn’t happen. Believe me we’ve been on the losing end many years ourselves.

12 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

I think you mean squash Lumberton, get in the playoffs and make something, anything happen. That’s the only way to quiet all the side talk, because it has been a disappointing season if we’re being honest but it ain’t over yet. Early on in district we were banged up, that cost us one game. Now we are healthy so there is no excuse, I think it’s more about learning to use the pieces you have. Play calling has been questionable, refs have been unbelievably questionable, personnel decisions have to be questioned. I’ve been the eternal optimist all year but we’re running out of time for that. Get something done on the field, results!

The only thing positive from last night was the fact that they put the QB back under center where he’s been the last 19 years in the offense an what do you know they started moving the ball down the field. Can’t believe it took this late in the season for the coaching staff to see the Shot - T does not work using it every down. 

10 minutes ago, Realville said:

The only thing positive from last night was the fact that they put the QB back under center where he’s been the last 19 years in the offense an what do you know they started moving the ball down the field. Can’t believe it took this late in the season for the coaching staff to see the Shot - T does not work using it every down. 

Yea that and the defensive line played very well again but that won’t carry us to victory. The defense as a whole did great, they only gave up a couple of plays where the QB got loose down the sideline. #7 was all HH had, the refs and the punter did the rest of the damage. I don’t even want to see the stat sheet, we probably dominated another game on paper but lost on the scoreboard. Put some of those big boys on the offensive line every now and then. For crying out loud, it isn’t hard to see that they could help us win. Hell half the defense should be playing both ways.

7 hours ago, OneChance said:

I didn’t read this whole post or any recent post about Vidor, but I thought them moving down to 4A was going to produce a DC and a long playoff run? What happened?

This is a cursed season it seems, the two plays that killed us the past 2 games have been punts on 4th down and 40 backed up deep in their own territory. Livingston ran a fake punt and scored to put the game away last week. Huffman punted a line drive off one of our guys backside who was running away from the ball this week. They recover and score on the drive after a personal foul and pass interference flag that should have never been called. Our special teams haven’t been special, sometimes it just isn’t your year. 

2 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I had Vidor winning this district before season started. I just didn't have them beating the likes of Jasper and Silsbee like some were saying.

Well you had more faith in them than me. Lol! Not knowing much about the teams in this district other than LCM and Lumberton I was thinking maybe 2 or 3. Livingston obviously has surprised a lot of people. Good to see them have some success. They have struggled for many years.

23 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Karma. 

Everyone ignore Port Arthur’s Village Idiot. She has PDS (Pirate Derangement Syndrome). She still hasn’t gotten over losing and choking to the Pirates with district championship on the line a few years ago. I believe they make a pill for PDS. It only comes in suppository form though which I know you would enjoy. Enjoy your pills!

As for the having players going both ways, there is one particular play I’d like to point out - The two point conversion where we had 3 lineman in front of QB.   Why wasn’t #55 (Jordan Smith) one of the 3 blockers?   Heck, I could’ve scored behind him.

Defense played great, and Smith had an exceptional game.   Secondary is one of the best Vidor has had in a long time.  That said, why can’t they win?   For whatever reason, no consistent enthusiasm/drive.  I would go so far to say Vidor’s record may have been better if they were in 5A.   As someone pointed out in another post, they play better as underdogs.  Meanwhile Vidor fans buy Rolaids and Alka-Seltzer in bulk.

7 minutes ago, Hagar said:

As for the having players going both ways, there is one particular play I’d like to point out - The two point conversion where we had 3 lineman in front of QB.   Why wasn’t #55 (Jordan Smith) one of the 3 blockers?   Heck, I could’ve scored behind him.

Defense played great, and Smith had an exceptional game.   Secondary is one of the best Vidor has had in a long time.  That said, why can’t they win?   For whatever reason, no consistent enthusiasm/drive.  I would go so far to say Vidor’s record may have been better if they were in 5A.   As someone pointed out in another post, they play better as underdogs.  Meanwhile Vidor fans buy Rolaids and Alka-Seltzer in bulk.

Defense definitely deserves recognition! They been pretty solid all year. Offensively I don’t see them playing for each other. Going back under center has helped but I don’t see the passion on the offensive side. That falls on the coaches. Glad we get to see Jordan play another year. He plays with passion an I enjoy watching kids that play with that much passion! 

12 hours ago, OneChance said:

I didn’t read this whole post or any recent post about Vidor, but I thought them moving down to 4A was going to produce a DC and a long playoff run? What happened?

They better make the playoffs otherwise i got a post saved in my drafts waiting. 

55 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Oh lord have mercy... if we can’t beat Lumberton then we deserve whatever you have coming. I thought your special thread I saw today for United was going to be directed our way.

Hmmm. I wouldn’t be so condescending. Didn’t y’all beat Brazosport at home in overtime, and Lumberton beat them in regulation on the road? Didn’t y’all lose to Splendora, and Lumberton beat them last night? Lumberton lost to LCM by 1 when the QB Slipped on the 1 yd line. Good luck to both teams having no injuries next week. 

3 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Hmmm. I wouldn’t be so condescending. Didn’t y’all beat Brazosport at home in overtime, and Lumberton beat them in regulation on the road? Didn’t y’all lose to Splendora, and Lumberton beat them last night? Lumberton lost to LCM by 1 when the QB Slipped on the 1 yd line. Good luck to both teams having no injuries next week. 

And what do Vidor do to LCM? Good luck to you all as well.

3 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I don’t think he meant it as a put down of Lumberton, but rather a literal interpretation of the situation.

17 minutes ago, LC-M said:

To be honest I’m not impressed with HH and Livingston. HH was losing to us the last minute. Livingston beat us  18-6 and a good team would have dropped 50 on us. 

We had clowns in zebra stripes for both of the last two games or you would have seen a different outcome. I agree with you that HH and Livingston are nothing special. You’re supposed to beat LCM convincingly like we did and we will do the same to Lumberton next week. Problem is we lost to Splendora at home, I still don’t understand that one other than a few key injuries. I really think y’all have a chance to beat them and I hope you do. Go Bears, make the playoffs!

41 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Agreed, our season pretty much emulates the year 2020. Ready to turn the page on this year! Been a tough year for sure! Lol