Buna 26 Hardin 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

56 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Where?  Of the 1st and 2nd teamers on offense (including superlatives, I counted 6, Thonsgaard at Co-Lineman, Potetz at QB, Tidwell at WR, Dickey at TE, Colby and Will Barrett at OL), 2, Tidwell and Will Barrett, graduated and 1, Dickey moved out of the school district (remember, y'all were all too happy to tell me that when I posted Hardin's preview during the summer). Of the 2 defense all district, 1 moved.

I don't know where all of this returning all-district talent is......I bet today Ned Barrier is, too.

You missed Holst and you missed Caden Elmore. Add Thonsgaard and Potetz and Barrett to that mix and you have 5 all district players playing both ways. They are there just have to be utilized better than they are or have been.

14 hours ago, XXPLAYAXX said:

This coach from what I hear won’t be a Hardin very long. Not many coaches are going to stay as a head coach under a AD at a smaller school this is just a stepping block until he finds the next gig. He also won’t be there long if the board member who stands on the fence yells at him or other coaches. I was in the stands when I heard about this happening and it’s such a disgrace to Hardin ISD and the kids on the field. I understand that the coach has kids out of position and play calling is very bad but we as adults can’t conduct ourselves in that manner. Smh! 

Uh-oh ----- The Jury has spoken already.  The writing is on the walls.   Hardin doing Hardin things!

3 hours ago, XXPLAYAXX said:

You missed Holst and you missed Caden Elmore. Add Thonsgaard and Potetz and Barrett to that mix and you have 5 all district players playing both ways. They are there just have to be utilized better than they are or have been.

The best player Barrier has in his program is his son.....and he's on the 7th grade team. 

4 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

Answer....These players are usually the fastest on the football field

5 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

I’ll take “Reasons Hardin will never be any good in football” for $500, Alex.

Definitely one of the worst gene pools in the history of the state right there in Hardin.   And any decent coach Hardin ever had in recent years was out-coached by the better programs in the district which gave them even less of a chance.    No more Warrens to beat now.....so thats that.

3 hours ago, mrtomcat said:

Definitely one of the worst gene pools in the history of the state right there in Hardin.   And any decent coach Hardin ever had in recent years was out-coached by the better programs in the district which gave them even less of a chance.    No more Warrens to beat now.....so thats that.

Gene pools can be slowly overcome with time, culture change, and consistency, but it doesn’t happen overnight.  We’re already having a conversation of a coach “playing kids out of position”.. or whatever other excuse can be made for being habitual losers.

Well done, Hardin.  You’ll never change.

14 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Gene pools can be slowly overcome with time, culture change, and consistency, but it doesn’t happen overnight.  We’re already having a conversation of a coach “playing kids out of position”.. or whatever other excuse can be made for being habitual losers.

Well done, Hardin.  You’ll never change.

This. It's called building a program. Hardin will always be Hardin because of this mentality. You have to give someone a chance to create change before you begin attempting to railroad them. 

3 hours ago, 2wedge said:

This. It's called building a program. Hardin will always be Hardin because of this mentality. You have to give someone a chance to create change before you begin attempting to railroad them. 

And again.. it doesn't happen overnight.  For a school to think they can bring in a coach and expect results before the junior high kids even make it to graduation is just about the dumbest thing that can be thought in the sports world.

Has Hardin ever even had a football coach see 7th graders make to graduation?

On 10/11/2020 at 1:29 PM, mrtomcat said:

Was the Hardin coach out-coached by the equally athletic Buna Cougars coach?  I need answers from the Hardin faithful on this result.  I was told the buna qb didn't even play tonight and they still rolled Hardin up with ease?  Y'all miss Haynes yet? 

I’m not Hardin faithful but I can’t understand your logic. Stevie Wonder can see that Buna and Hardin are in different stratosphere’s athletically, much less equal. I’m not sure of your angle on this unless you’re a big Larry Haynes supporter. I’m the one who said Ned Barrier wouldn’t be outcoached this year last week. And considering the void in talent Hardin is playing with I’m pretty sure that’s still the case. The last two times Hardin and Buna have played the average score has been 49-7. That includes a 28-0 shutout and a 70-14 loss to Buna in 2018 when Hardin had a 7-4 record and made the playoffs. So if Hardin’s most successful recent team gets smashed by a 3rd place Buna 70-14.... I’d think a really untalented Hardin team getting beat by a 2nd place (most likely) Buna team 26-0 is progress. Barring the scoop and score and Hornet TD that was called back it sounds like it could’ve even been a little closer on the scoreboard. You’ve gotta run before you can walk. And as far as i saw Against Anahuac and HD in person and film against Hearne, the kids are playing in the right positions. Potetz can play QB/RB/WR. Put him anywhere and he can play. Other than him the little QB is probably the best athlete on the team but he’s not capable of being a lead RB. He throws the ball well and is getting better. Potetz at full time QB just doesn’t make sense on this team because every team can key on him from the snap no questions asked. They try to move him around from deep i-back to split wide, in the slot and wildcat QB. When you’ve got one dynamic playmaker only you’ve gotta move him around to attempt to get him in space or second level. They’ve got decent size on the O-Line including Thonsgard who plays hard. The big TE can block and get get downfield with a big target zone. The little WR’s don’t offer a ton after the catch but they block well and run good routes. So I’m not sure who’s playing out of position. 

If they give Barrier a few years he can help build a program. It WILL NOT happen overnight and folks already questioning his coaching really don’t know what goes into building a winning team and program.

So some Hardin folks might be missing Larry Haynes, but the ones who know what they’re watching don’t miss him at all. 

2 hours ago, Corona_with_Lime said:

I’m not Hardin faithful but I can’t understand your logic. Stevie Wonder can see that Buna and Hardin are in different stratosphere’s athletically, much less equal. I’m not sure of your angle on this unless you’re a big Larry Haynes supporter. I’m the one who said Ned Barrier wouldn’t be outcoached this year last week. And considering the void in talent Hardin is playing with I’m pretty sure that’s still the case. The last two times Hardin and Buna have played the average score has been 49-7. That includes a 28-0 shutout and a 70-14 loss to Buna in 2018 when Hardin had a 7-4 record and made the playoffs. So if Hardin’s most successful recent team gets smashed by a 3rd place Buna 70-14.... I’d think a really untalented Hardin team getting beat by a 2nd place (most likely) Buna team 26-0 is progress. Barring the scoop and score and Hornet TD that was called back it sounds like it could’ve even been a little closer on the scoreboard. You’ve gotta run before you can walk. And as far as i saw Against Anahuac and HD in person and film against Hearne, the kids are playing in the right positions. Potetz can play QB/RB/WR. Put him anywhere and he can play. Other than him the little QB is probably the best athlete on the team but he’s not capable of being a lead RB. He throws the ball well and is getting better. Potetz at full time QB just doesn’t make sense on this team because every team can key on him from the snap no questions asked. They try to move him around from deep i-back to split wide, in the slot and wildcat QB. When you’ve got one dynamic playmaker only you’ve gotta move him around to attempt to get him in space or second level. They’ve got decent size on the O-Line including Thonsgard who plays hard. The big TE can block and get get downfield with a big target zone. The little WR’s don’t offer a ton after the catch but they block well and run good routes. So I’m not sure who’s playing out of position. 

If they give Barrier a few years he can help build a program. It WILL NOT happen overnight and folks already questioning his coaching really don’t know what goes into building a winning team and program.

So some Hardin folks might be missing Larry Haynes, but the ones who know what they’re watching don’t miss him at all. 

I’m with you brother!!! The only to be seen factor is if Nasty Ned can get us to the playoffs during his tenure. So far in Hardin that has only been a Larry Haynes occurrence as of lately. 

lets give him a chance! 

Wait: 8 team district last year;

say each team had 22 starters(probably closer to 16 or 17)

that is 176 starters - 84 all-district picks! Not even counting honorable mention. It wasn’t like this when I started coaching, but it has been progressing the last 15 years. It is still good for the kids, but being all district used to mean so much more.