To Dayton Fans, BHFAN, and bh89-2 (Jody)

griff

Dayton fans, you've shown class and good sportsmanship on this message board, before the game and after.  Your team is strong and will likely win the district again this year.  I was worried going into this game, and it would not have shocked me if the Broncos had won.  The teams were evenly matched.  I have much respect for your team.  I hope the WO-S vs. Dayton matchup will continue.  Now, if you would pardon me for a moment, I have some smack for a couple of your neighbors in Mont Belvieu who have some crow to eat.

BHFAN...once again, YOU'RE WRONG.  You can't make predictions based on spite for WO-S.  So much for Dayton winning by 14...by 21...by 40.  How do you work so hard at making a fool of yourself?  For one more long year, you'll have to live with the fact that WO-S beat BH and your Trinity River neighbors.  It wouldn't be so hard if you didn't have such hate for WO-S and a sore loser attitude. 

bh89-2...so much for the "overall average team" beating ANOTHER team west of the Trinity River.  At least you didn't talk as much crap as BHFAN did, but I know you cringe over this just as much. 

To both of you, I have this to say...

EAST SIDE wins again!!!! 

Real football is played near the SABINE River.     

Don't tell Deep East Texas, Marshall, Kilgore, etc.. about that great Beaumont area football. I think the teams in thearea exit the playoffs when they play the Marshall area

I don't know big Geese.  Check the Dallas paper.  I know Marshall did my Panthers in and Kilgore and J'ville handled business but the last 2 teams got it handed to them last night.....

Seeing as I haven't posted lately, and kinda feel left out in the BH bashing, let me throw in my two cents.  WO-S ran the ball very efficently both on designed running games and with the quarterback scrambles.  Having two starting linebackers out hurt Dayton tremendously.  Was very disappointed in the play calling on Dayton's side in the second half, trying too hard to get bunches of yards at a time instead of making smart plays and driving the ball down the field methodically, which they did well in the first half.  I know this has nothing to do with the outcome of the game, but it seemed that the Mustangs played better once the rain stopped.  But, after saying all that, and letting you know that I do understand football very well, I do have to back up my boys BHFan and bh89-2.  The only reason you get harrassed so much is because you just can't let it go.  Did it ever occur to you at any time that if, instead of getting defensive, and throwing all your stats and district champs and everything out on the forum every time someone says anything remotely negative about WO-S, you took the ribbing in good fun, dished a little fun back at us, and left it at that, that maybe instead of all this hatred amongst us all, we actually tried to meet at games, and conducted ourselves like civilized people, like we at BH do with pretty much everyone we have played?  You may say it isn't fair that people are always against WO-S, but thats the way it always is with successful programs.  Barbers Hill has gone through that, ya'll have gone through that, but it doens't mean that people think anything less of you or your team.  OK, I think I have had my say.

Did it ever occur to you at any time that if, instead of getting defensive, and throwing all your stats and district champs and everything out on the forum every time someone says anything remotely negative about WO-S, you took the ribbing in good fun, dished a little fun back at us, and left it at that, that maybe instead of all this hatred amongst us all, we actually tried to meet at games, and conducted ourselves like civilized people, like we at BH do with pretty much everyone we have played? 

I love the way BH people come off as if they are better than everyone else. CIVILIZED PEOPLE? LIKE YOU AT BH USUALLY DO? Too bad we will never invite Barbers Hill back to our school for anything.

BH really is only a "successful team" on a very local basis. I don't think you can make a connection to WO-S there.

BH has 2 state trophies as does WO-S and both schools are many seasons removed from those seasons.  I was really hoping the WO-S/BH stuff wouldn't be the mainstay of our conversations again this year.

On a different note...I think this was a huge win for WO-S especially because they came from behind against a quality 4A program to win it.  It will serve huge dividends in the future.

I apologize for all remarks I made on the earlier post.  I did not mean to say we were more civilized than anyone else, and do not wish that make myself sound any better than anyone else.  I also apologize if I am making any kids hate each other, we have too much adversity and degration in the world without people making uneducated statements.

Seeing as I haven't posted lately, and kinda feel left out in the BH bashing, let me throw in my two cents...

But, after saying all that, and letting you know that I do understand football very well, I do have to back up my boys BHFan and bh89-2.  The only reason you get harrassed so much is because you just can't let it go.  Did it ever occur to you at any time that if, instead of getting defensive, and throwing all your stats and district champs and everything out on the forum every time someone says anything remotely negative about WO-S, you took the ribbing in good fun, dished a little fun back at us, and left it at that, that maybe instead of all this hatred amongst us all, we actually tried to meet at games, and conducted ourselves like civilized people, like we at BH do with pretty much everyone we have played?  You may say it isn't fair that people are always against WO-S, but thats the way it always is with successful programs.  Barbers Hill has gone through that, ya'll have gone through that, but it doens't mean that people think anything less of you or your team.  OK, I think I have had my say.

shellman, a little perspective is in order.  First of all, I've never been one to throw around our stats.  You're confusing me with other posters.  Second, I was trying to congratulate Dayton's team and their fans who post on this board.  For the most part, they've acted with class and respect for others.  The same cannot be said about BHFAN and bh89-2.  Backing them up makes you look bad.  You've been around this board long enough to know that those two people have gone out of their way to insult WO-S fans here.  They're almost always the ones to throw the first granade.  They have a history of this.  All I've ever done is respond by putting their crap back where it belongs...in their lap.  BHFAN talked a big about Dayton winning by a lot of points...blah, blah, blah.  Also, when WO-S handed it to BH in the scrimmage, all BHFAN could muster was silliness like "we dominated the line of scrimmage" and BH "held their own".  No congratulations...no gesture of good sportsmanship...nothing.  Just continual sour grapes.  Even Coach Price was quoted as saying WO-S was better.  You would be better served by speaking to your buddy about his sore loser mentality and crapstarting than trying to lecture me.  He asked for it, and had it coming to him.  Call it "ribbing in good fun".  I have no "hate" for BH.  Never did.  I just don't like the conduct of the two people I've mentioned.  That's all there is to it.   

By the way, I always enjoy the chance to meet posters on this board from other teams.  Maybe we'll catch up with you sometime. 

Don't tell Deep East Texas, Marshall, Kilgore, etc.. about that great Beaumont area football. I think the teams in thearea exit the playoffs when they play the Marshall area

A little geography lesson..........the Sabine River happens to run just north of Marshall as it's headwaters are in Deep East Texas.  There might be something in that water! ;)

For some reason I do agree with the idea that WOS does get overly defensive when they are opposed, yes they are more traditionally know statewide for football, yes they do have very talented teams........ however when BH loses we for the most part eat our crow and accept it, for example when Huffman beat WOS I recall a not so acceptive response. Given these apparent theories I truthfully believe that, as I stated last year, someone from BH would never be envious of WOS, or any other school in the state for that matter. Yes we showcase our accomplishments because we value our year in year out district championships in an average of 13 out of 15 sports, along with our academia and arts. WOS IS PROFICIENT IN MAINLY 1 SPORT, granted, BH IS ONE OF THE TOP 10 SCHOOLS IN TEXAS. I have no hate for WOS, they have a good program, but we are both proud schools, and like to make known our pride. Yes we will have arguements, but we are very similar in our reasons, its like arguing with a cousin!

Interesting post...here's my take.  First of all, its foolish to judge a school or a community by a couple of "fans" who like to post on a particular forum.  Secondly, any successful programs (like WOS and BH) are going to take the brunt of critisism from jealous posters.  With success comes critics!

::)

Good thing we're on a football forum, huh?  ;D

Since reading your post, I looked up a ton of lists of the "top 10" schools in Texas. None featured BH - including the "definitive" list, put out by Texas Monthly in December.

Ok, now I'll be a homer...Just look at the Lone Star standings for the last several years, that seems like the best all around gauge of the most sucessful schools!   :)

Man I love this

OH yeah well mine is bigger then yours!!! Hah  ;D

Or I can pee further then you!! ;D

Or I didn't start it he did!!! :P

I like Hillguys post of with success comes critics.

BH and WOS both have Critics. And IMO it is because we do real good in sports and it puts a target on us. But you also have to remember sometimes we can be our own worst critic and bring all this stuff on our self.

Also I would like to say for those of you that like to talk poo poo. You better be able to take it back. Especially if it dont go the way you had planned cause someone here will have 2 peices of bread for all that poo poo  your about to eat.

And that goes for everyone me included.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder