Turf fields

BMTSoulja1

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Silsbee has had the label best stadium in SETX for the better part of 10 years.  Even with grass and not a video board, i think they're up there.  Turf will really be a huge upgrade for them.

Is this a joke?

The only label Silsbee’s stadium has is for having the most jacked-up playing surface in SETX. That’s the reason why (feel free to correct me if  I’m wrong) Silsbee has never hosted a playoff game. 

Jasper, PNG, The Butch, Huffman, and probably even Lumberton, are all nicer football facilities than Silsbee’s. Livingston is the only local school that I can think of with worse parking. Plus Silsbee’s lighting is bad. I like the dirt pile, though. Except that’s not dirt, it’s a big pile of dashed hopes, unfulfilled dreams, and excuses. 

Even Bridge City gets a flyover by the Mosquito Control plane. Silsbee is downwind of Evadale on a bad night. 

37 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Is this a joke?

The only label Silsbee’s stadium has is for having the most jacked-up playing surface in SETX. That’s the reason why (feel free to correct me if  I’m wrong) Silsbee has never hosted a playoff game. 

Jasper, PNG, The Butch, Huffman, and probably even Lumberton, are all nicer football facilities than Silsbee’s. Livingston is the only local school that I can think of with worse parking. Plus Silsbee’s lighting is bad. I like the dirt pile, though. Except that’s not dirt, it’s a big pile of dashed hopes, unfulfilled dreams, and excuses. 

Even Bridge City gets a flyover by the Mosquito Control plane. Silsbee is downwind of Evadale on a bad night. 

The resident Silsbee hater has spoken.

Wouldn't have expected anything less.

4 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Silsbee has had the label best stadium in SETX for the better part of 10 years.  Even with grass and not a video board, i think they're up there.  Turf will really be a huge upgrade for them.

I thought Silsbee couldn't get turf because of the field being right at the water table or something? 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Is this a joke?

C'mon,  man.  Lol

6 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Silsbee can claim that title from 2000 till about 2008 when PNG got their stadium upgrade... Silsbee doesn’t even have the best stadium in their district (that title goes to WOS) let alone setx... 

1 minute ago, navydawg31 said:

Silsbee can claim that title from 2000 till about 2008 when PNG got their stadium upgrade... Silsbee doesn’t even have the best stadium in their district (that title goes to WOS) let alone setx... 

Well, close yo 10 years...  lol.  And WO-S just upgraded.  So prior to this year, no...

Okay, Silsbee May not be the greatest, but it looks good from 96.  

So who’s the worst?   Based on what I’ve read on here, Livingston, based on them being in a higher classification.   I know some smaller schools are bad, but hey, they’re small.

2 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Okay, Silsbee May not be the greatest, but it looks good from 96.  

So who’s the worst?   Based on what I’ve read on here, Livingston, based on them being in a higher classification.   I know some smaller schools are bad, but hey, they’re small.

Well, is Livingston considered SETX?  If so, I'd say it was a toss up between them and Cleveland  (before their upgrades).

29 minutes ago, NetCat said:

I hope so, that would be awesome! I had heard from some former coaches that it couldn't be done, but that was like 10 years ago...

It couldn’t be done because Mrs. Dauphin exchanged her earthly troubles for a crown and the guy handling her money isn’t a football fan. 

You’re talking about a community that can’t get together and get a sign to recognize their back-to-back basketball state championships. 

48 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

I’m curious as to why BC turf softball and baseball but not the football field as well...

Baseball is KING in BC. The Coronavirus and that crybaby coach from LiCk’eM are the only reasons we haven’t picked up our 27th and 28th District Championships. 

Anybody that gets in the way of Baseball’s dominance will get run out of town by “the powers that be.” 

4 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

It couldn’t be done because Mrs. Dauphin exchanged her earthly troubles for a crown and the guy handling her money isn’t a football fan. 

You’re talking about a community that can’t get together and get a sign to recognize their back-to-back basketball state championships. 

Interesting if that's true.  Can anyone confirm  this?

14 minutes ago, THE DUDE said:

give me your list of top 10 stadiums in SETX.

I’m too lazy to list out ten. I gave five or so... I’d have Silsbee around six or so, with WOS in the same class. I’ve always liked the concrete stands at WOS... the seating is roomy. It’ll be neat to see how Ned s shapes up after the upgrades. I’ve always liked Newton’s tiny field and I miss the Alamo in Jasper. Favorite non-SETX stadium would be Lobo in Longview. 

Buna is bad. Orangefield sucks (and so does their stadium).  There are a bunch of schools in the middle. LCM isn’t top ten, but there isn’t a bad seat in the house. 

My problem was with the statement that Silsbee had the best stadium in SETX when they don’t have turf or a video scoreboard, the actual playing surface is widely recognized as the worst, and parking stinks. Nice, but not the best in my opinion. 

7 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I’m too lazy to list out ten. I gave five or so... I’d have Silsbee around six or so, with WOS in the same class. I’ve always liked the concrete stands at WOS... the seating is roomy. It’ll be neat to see how Ned s shapes up after the upgrades. I’ve always liked Newton’s tiny field and I miss the Alamo in Jasper. Favorite non-SETX stadium would be Lobo in Longview. 

Buna is bad. Orangefield sucks (and so does their stadium).  There are a bunch of schools in the middle. LCM isn’t top ten, but there isn’t a bad seat in the house. 

My problem was with the statement that Silsbee had the best stadium in SETX when they don’t have turf or a video scoreboard, the actual playing surface is widely recognized as the worst, and parking stinks. Nice, but not the best in my opinion. 

i agree about silsbee.

silsbee is not a bad stadium but far from the best. 

woodville has the best turf in the area by far.