Hoopsgiving Classic 2019

49 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I live in Cypress. I havent seen them play this year. Their coach is from Silsbee in David Green and I know their well coached. I think they could be in San Antonio. 

David Green isn't from Silsbee....grew up off of pine street in Beaumont where his parents st and ll reside. He coached in Silsbee but anyway I believe they can compete with anybody cause what the lack in size they make up for in athleticism and speed and to me a better coach. Southeast Texas should be proud in my opinion to say that they have per capital the best coaches in Texas right there.

5 minutes ago, Hooohead.com said:

David Green isn't from Silsbee....grew up off of pine street in Beaumont where his parents st and ll reside. He coached in Silsbee but anyway I believe they can compete with anybody cause what the lack in size they make up for in athleticism and speed and to me a better coach. Southeast Texas should be proud in my opinion to say that they have per capital the best coaches in Texas right 

David Green was 2x Allstate at Silsbee high school in like 1983. He is 100% from Silsbee bro. 

29 minutes ago, Hooohead.com said:

David Green isn't from Silsbee....grew up off of pine street in Beaumont where his parents st and ll reside. He coached in Silsbee but anyway I believe they can compete with anybody cause what the lack in size they make up for in athleticism and speed and to me a better coach. Southeast Texas should be proud in my opinion to say that they have per capital the best coaches in Texas right there.

Coach Green is a graduate of Silsbee HS.  His classmate is one of the administrators  here in the site. 

34 minutes ago, Hooohead.com said:

I think his kids are from Beaumont, I believe ..

Back on topic:

Yates had their “easier” game today:

Sunrise Christian 84

Yates 47 F

To give you guys some perspective, I think Yates could go toe to toe with Duncanville and probably have a better/deeper team than D’ville.  That’s how good these national teams are.  As I said, Montverde or IMG would beat ANY HS team in this state by as much as they want.  Sunrise’s best player is 6-8 wing Zach Clemence from San Antonio.  Had a chance to see him play in the NCAA camp this past summer at U of H.  His game reminds me a lot of Rick Barry’s boys.  Got off to a hot start as Sunrise built a 25-2 lead over Yates. 

21 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Back on topic:

Yates had their “easier” game today:

Sunrise Christian 84

Yates 47 F

To give you guys some perspective, I think Yates could go toe to toe with Duncanville and probably have a better/deeper team than D’ville.  That’s how good these national teams are.  As I said, Montverde or IMG would beat ANY HS team in this state by as much as they want.  Sunrise’s best player is 6-8 wing Zach Clemence from San Antonio.  Had a chance to see him play in the NCAA camp this past summer at U of H.  His game reminds me a lot of Rick Barry’s boys.  Got off to a hot start as Sunrise built a 25-2 lead over Yates. 

I agree, the game tomorrow will be ugly, unless Montverde goes to the wrong stadium. It’s funny because teams /fans in our district remind us that one day a team will beat Yates similar to the way Yates beat teams and that day has arrived. This may be a 60 pt loss tomorrow  

1 minute ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

I agree, the game tomorrow will be ugly, unless Montverde goes to the wrong stadium. It’s funny because teams /fans in our district remind us that one day a team will beat Yates similar to the way Yates beat teams and that day has arrived. This may be a 60 pt loss tomorrow  

Honestly, I applaud Coach Wise for having the cojones to play these games.  And he knows he has the kind of kids that will come out and play hard regardless.  It will only make them stronger when you have a team you aren’t worried about destroying their confidence.  His kids know they can play.  And I seriously think Yates could play with any UiL team in the state.  After seeing Duncanville last weekend, I probably would make Yates a favorite against them.  Peavy would be the best player on the floor but the next 3 or 4 best would all be Lions. 

On 11/28/2019 at 7:46 PM, Tyler Dixson said:

I think once Zaire Williams gets back in December SC could play with them. Williams, Boston, Bailey, and Frank matchup with any top 4 any team will bring. Wade, Odom, and the big guy would have to step up their games in the matchup. 

I think they could definitely play with them.  But they would be underdogs against them or IMG for sure.  Those two for sure are better and deeper.  But could Sierra Canyon upset them?  Absolutely they would be close enough to pull the upset on the right night. 

9 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I think they could definitely play with them.  But they would be underdogs against them or IMG for sure.  Those two for sure are better and deeper.  But could Sierra Canyon upset them?  Absolutely they would be close enough to pull the upset on the right night. 

Naw....there good dont get it twisted but MV is whole different animal...someone said earlier the closest to them is IMG and that would be correct in my opinion but who am I...