Silsbee 85 Life Waxahachie 71/FINAL/TIGERS ADVANCE TO REGION III FINAL!!!

It was a good matchup for Wax and they are a good team.  They hadn’t lost a game since early in Jan.   And they had  a 4 point loss to Kennedale and a 4 pt OT loss to Argyle at tournaments.  Their big was much more athletic than I imagined.  Wax was a bit stronger than Connelly because of him.  

The Tigers were out of sync for much of the game.  Even tentative at times.  

Probably gonna miss the entire game tomorrow. Not sure if I like surprises when I go to check a final score. 

Silsbee was not very Tiger like at all most the night.

Every time it looked like Silsbee was gonna put them away earlier, we'd turn the ball over and they'd make a 3.

That little guard for Life took the ball from Braylon about 3 times. Devon couldn't make up his mind on whether to dunk or lay the ball up and missed an easy shot. Free throw shooting was just alright, not great. Not much effective pressure till the end of the game either. They looked seriously frustrated at Life's patient offense most the game. I know these are young legs we're talking about, but I wonder if all the games Silsbee has played these past few years don't have our kids feeling worn down a little at times. Hope they get a good nights rest tonight.

26 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Wax life is a very well coached team. Like I have stated before, these are the type teams that scare me the most when it comes to Silsbee.

I thought Silsbee played fine. WL played very well.

I actually can see Silsbee beating Yates by 15 tomorrow.

This Yates team is not very impressive like in the past. I can see a 15-20 point win as well 

Life played a great game.  They are the type of team that gives the Tigers fits. It seemed like every loose ball or deflected ball ended up in their hands. The big guy was good but we let him get away dribbling the ball down court a little too much. We made our run late and hot this one behind us.  One thing we Tiiger fans may forget to mention is the one bad break that Life got, loosing what may have been their second best player to an injury before that run took place.  This was a good win for my Tigers one that they may have been looking past a bit and was also better than most expected.  Glad this ones behind us.  Now lets go slay Yates once again.

38 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Wax life is a very well coached team. Like I have stated before, these are the type teams that scare me the most when it comes to Silsbee.

I thought we had a few uncharacteristic turnovers.  A few that were taken from us that normally arent.  Now whether that was a knock on our play or a credit to ours i guess is ones opinion.  

7 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I will say one thing.  Scored 80+ on a team that was better than expected, lost a lot of opportunities with bad bounces and to my surprise they shot very few three's the second half.  

I'd be curious as to the status...