*Huffman 1 PN-G 0 Final/Game 1 Playoffs*

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Huffman’s Michael Listi and PNG’s Eric Harrington both pitched a gem tonight. Listi scattered maybe 4 hits, had double digit K’s plus induced at least 3 double plays  to completely shut down PNG’s offense.  He stayed at around 84, with a wicked  curveball. Huffman played flawless defense.

Harrington was 88 consistently, had plenty of K’s but  one un-earned run did the Indians  end.

Even though PNG’s bats were suspect  coming in, Listi is good enough to shut  down a very good hitting squad. It’s not over, especially with Flores up next, but PNG needs to get the lumber out or this series will be over in 2. 

Here are the totals Coach Stone told me, Harrington 10 k's 5 hits/ Listi 8 k's 4 hits. Great game PN-G's error in the 3rd came back to haunt them. Great game, I still think we're looking at a 3 game series with the final game being a tossup. To answer the question, with two outs in the 3rd a Huffman runner reached on a throwing error that went into the dugout giving him 2nd automatically. Listi then came up and hit a shallow flare to rf, runner beat the throw just barely at home even though a tag was never attempted.

What a game.  How did Huffman score?

Sounds like a classic matchup between 2 very good pitchers.  Does everyone realize our last 2 games in SE Texas have been 1-0 games?

PNG escaped a bases loaded no out suitation when Huffman grounded to Kane Benoit at 3rd, who went home and catcher Carnahan made quick throw to 1st for double play. Harrington retired the next batter. Huffman had runners by bunting in that inning.

Huffman scored the lone run when PNG's infielder made a great stop but throw went into dugout. With a runner on 2nd, Huffman singled to right, play at the plate was close but he was safe.

Huffman’s Michael Listi and PNG’s Eric Harrington both pitched a gem tonight. Listi scattered maybe 4 hits, had double digit K’s plus induced at least 3 double plays  to completely shut down PNG’s offense.  He stayed at around 84, with a wicked  curveball. Huffman played flawless defense.

Harrington was 88 consistently, had plenty of K’s but  one un-earned run did the Indians  end.

Even though PNG’s bats were suspect  coming in, Listi is good enough to shut  down a very good hitting squad. It’s not over, especially with Flores up next, but PNG needs to get the lumber out or this series will be over in 2. 

I was clocking both Listi and Harrington and harrington throw one pitch at 88 the rest were at 83

listi was throwing 86 to 89 with a 70 mph curve ball

Guest etbu

Great win for the Falcons but is far from over and see you guys on friday. Good crowd from Huffman and good to see everyone.  ;D BobKat good hanging with you bro and sorry you missed a good steak. Had a good time macking with BobCat4Life.  8) I will say this for you PNG Purple you come out in numbers and support your boys. I do like your catcher is he getting any looks or is he a senior?

I was clocking both Listi and Harrington and harrington throw one pitch at 88 the rest were at 83

listi was throwing 86 to 89 with a 70 mph curve ball

You could be right. I had no gun, but the guy 1 seat above did. Lamar's Gilligan was in front of me, of course he asked the guy with the gun when both were pitching in the early innings what they had. That's were I got the 88 and 84.

Really disappointed in the crowd last night, maybe because the stadium is just larger but I thought both teams had smaller crowds than the past.........I like the coach from Huffman, thought a few times he should have had a glove on as close as he was to the field calling defensive signals...........Never seen those umpires before, but the home plate guy was real good..........Griiff must have had the Bears with a late practice as they didn't show as a team like in Vidor the other night in HJ/Silsbee game, Vidor made a showing last night, must not have any peroxide left in town with those hair do's.......   

Guest etbu

Really disappointed in the crowd last night, maybe because the stadium is just larger but I thought both teams had smaller crowds than the past.........I like the coach from Huffman, thought a few times he should have had a glove on as close as he was to the field calling defensive signals...........Never seen those umpires before, but the home plate guy was real good..........Griiff must have had the Bears with a late practice as they didn't show as a team like in Vidor the other night in HJ/Silsbee game, Vidor made a showing last night, must not have any peroxide left in town with those hair do's.......     

Where did you sit last night? You coming to Humble? I came down to speak to Mr. Listi who was sitting by the PVU Coach. Were you wearing a LU hat?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder