BH mile relay

Guest distancerunner10

Guest distancerunner10

was screwed out of a state trip by dayton in the last 200 meters of the race when dayton cut barbers hill off trying to take over first place and knocked the stick out of BH's hands then ended up finishing last....the corner judges called a foul then after reviewing the call they decided to over rule the call and give dayton the trip to state....the officials were offered video proof of the foul and turned it down

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest distancerunner10

and to add to that after recieving the medals everytime they walked by a BH athlete they would stick the medal out towards there faces like they accomplished there place fair...what great sportsmanship wouldnt you say???

Guest distancerunner10

BH was in first and im not 100% sure but i believe it was joe carter who was in lane 2 was not  a stride ahead of BH's Todd Patton and cut down which caused a collision and knocked it out of his hands

to knock a stick out of someones hands you would have to be running shoulder to shoulder and if that is the case it will be called incidental contact with no foul charged. Only fouls ever called in a 4x400 meter relay is impeding the runner. When two people are running holding batons and both are fatigued sometimes batons get hit by elbows and wrists. Not saying its right or wrong but it happens

Sportsmanship is not blaming someone else for your shortcomings, you had a 10 meter lead when the stick was handed off.  It was a good race, and something bad happened.  It was not Joe's fault that the baton was hit on his heel.  He passed and he believed that he was in front enough, and he was, and that is the end.  Joe is a great young man full of character and high moral, and there is not a malisious bone in his body.  He did nothing wrong to cause this and you showed your true character by trying to call him out on this website.   Thanks for once again showing what Barber's Hill is all about.   WE CAN WE WILL... WE'RE CRYBABY HILL.....

Since we are talking about the truth here, both Patton boys and and Malik walked by Ford and the Makik kid called him a name used for a female dog.  Yes Ford responded in a negative way.  Now to the race, as Joe was running by one of the Patton boys who had a 10 meter lead the stick hit Joes foot, now how did that happen, maybe the stick was being carried outside the body.  What a great race, when it was over Huntsville, Lamar Con, LBJ, Worthing and Crosby came over and shook the Dayton kids hands and told them what a great job they did.  BH and ozen did not.  BH runners are good kids but I still cant get over how when 30 minutes after the race was over and the Dayton  kids went over to get their stuff that a group of parents were standing over the top of it and staring.  As the dayton boys walked out they got the stare down with cry baby comments.  I can promise you this Carter would never cheat, why would he, he is clearly the best runner by over a full second than anyone on BH mile relay.

Guest distancerunner10

i never said he wasnt better i know he is, but if the flag was raised for a foul and  there really wasnt then why was the flag raised?? and also about truth one of th dayton mile relay boys threatned to hit a female BH athlete, and video will show he wasnt ahead far enough to move down

That is why they have officials and official rulings---but go ahead an make excuses for your babies--everytime they fail make excuses for them--that way they are sure to be the fine upstanding citizens that you are---you folks are all class-GIVE ME A BREAK---CRYBABY

was screwed out of a state trip by dayton in the last 200 meters of the race when dayton cut barbers hill off trying to take over first place and knocked the stick out of BH's hands then ended up finishing last....the corner judges called a foul then after reviewing the call they decided to over rule the call and give dayton the trip to state....the officials were offered video proof of the foul and turned it down

The foul was not called for incentdal contact it was called on huntsville for cutting off worthing and picked up because worthing won the race anyway

Guest distancerunner10

well if it was for huntsville and worthing then why were the barbers hill coaches  and dayton coaches called down to work everything out??? im not saying the dayton mile relay wouldnt have won it could have been either way but the fact is joe cut down on todd before he was far enough ahead to knock out the baton plain and simple 

Guest distancerunner10

That is why they have officials and official rulings---but go ahead an make excuses for your babies--everytime they fail make excuses for them--that way they are sure to be the fine upstanding citizens that you are---you folks are all class-GIVE ME A BREAK---CRYBABY

and to bad im not a parent of any of these kids and its not a excuse i have video proof to show it

The Dayton and BH coaches were not called down.  BH went down to protest which is fine and the Dayton coaches went down to make sure that their boys did not get screwed.  Ok, ok, so Barbers Hill may have have gotten fourth behind huntsville or Crosby, but the fact would still be the same they are going to have to buy a ticket to watch the state track meet.  I can look at your video and come up with a different version than you.  It is still up to the opinion of the track official. 

I too am not a parent of any of the boys who participated in the mile relay.  The way I see it is if Barbers Hill would have kept their 10 meter lead no one would be crying right now.  It is pretty simple.  Joe Carter and the rest of the mile relay beat Barbers Hill and Dayton is going to state.

On a final note, these four young men have worked extremely hard to get to where they are as I am sure the Barbers Hill kids have as well.  Congratulations to both teams on a great track season.

I too am not a parent of any of the boys who participated in the mile relay.  The way I see it is if Barbers Hill would have kept their 10 meter lead no one would be crying right now.  It is pretty simple.  Joe Carter and the rest of the mile relay beat Barbers Hill and Dayton is going to state.

On a final note, these four young men have worked extremely hard to get to where they are as I am sure the Barbers Hill kids have as well.  Congratulations to both teams on a great track season.

One word "CLASS". Good post sportsmom.

I was at the track meet and this is what I saw happen. As the 4th legs received the batons, Worthing was in 1st, Barbers Hill was in 2nd, and Dayton was in 3rd. On the backstretch the Barbers Hill runner passed the Worthing runner, and the Dayton runner passed the Worthing runner, and was going to try to pass the Barbers Hill runner before they got to the curve. But he could not pass him. And in my opinion he was not going to pass him. This Barbers Hill runner ran a 48.2 split Friday night  and was running a faster pace this race. The Barbers Hill runner held him off. The Dayton runner, trying to get a lead before the curve, cut into the Barbers Hill runner without a lead and broke his stride and knocking the baton out of the Barbers Hill runner's hand. The sad thing is if the Dayton runner had not cut the Barbers Hill runner off, BOTH Barbers Hill and Dayton would be going to STATE, and get another chance to see who is best.

Barbers Hill 1st three legs ran a 49.2, 49.5,49.5,(48.0)= 3:16.2

Barbers Hill has beat Dayton's mile relay everytime they have raced in the same heat for the past two years. Why would it be different this time? I would have liked to have seen who would have won Saturday and at STATE if no foul had occurred. I know they said no foul occurred, but they are wrong. I have watched the video and pictures do not lie.

How could the Barbers Hill runner be running a faster split if he started with a 10 meter lead???  Also, even if his stride was broken, it is no excuse to drop the baton...  Would also like to know how the baton was dropped???  Also, looking at the results, Dayton got 2nd by 0.05 seconds, guess Worthing got ahead right at the finish line....

Ok, huddle, you prove my point about Barber's Hill people being dilusional.  You say that the Dayton runner would not have run a faster split time, then you say that the Dayton runner could not pass the BH runner.  Well if he could not pass him then how in the world did he move down in front of him.  He is not a ghost, he has to be in front of him in order to move down whether there is room or not.  Ok you say the Patton boy has run a 48.2 split, great the Dayton young man has already run a 47 split this year twice.  You say that Dayton has not beaten BH in two years head to head, you would be correct, but when do they normally run against each other?  Usually early in the season when the BH boys have been running since December and Dayton's are just getting out of basketball and are not in the shape the boys from BH are in.  Not an excuse just the truth. 

You know the internet is a great tool.  I looked back at the latest races for both Dayton and Barber's Hill and this is what I found. 

District Track meets:  Dayton 3:20.66.................BH 3:22.72...Dayton wins

TEXAS Relays both teams went.. Dayton  3:23.29...BH 3:23.98  Close but Dayton wins

Regional Prelims...Dayton 3:18.96...BH 3:19.18...Dayton wins

Regional qualifiers Barber's Hill ran a faster time by 2 seconds so good for them, congratulations.  But 4 out of the last 5 meets ran, including the regional finals Dayton has beaten Barber's Hill time in the 4x400, so I guess your assesment about Dayton not being able to beat Barber's Hill would be wrong.

Both teams are great but you get a little presumptious when you state that just because Barber's Hill has beaten Dayton early in the season that they should do it again at the region track meet.

Oh and one other thing about the video.  People have been studying the video of JFK being shot for 4 decades and there is still debate over that terrible incident.  Your opinion is he fouled, good stick with that, keep looking at the video and saying that.  The opinion of the officials is that he did not.

Some words of wisdom for the Barbers Hill fans....

Champions adapt to the situation and overcome adversity.

LOSERS MAKE EXCUSES!

Start learning how to overcome bad things instead of making excuses for not succeeding.

Also, the most important thing in a relay is the baton.  I still don't see how dropping the baton can be blamed on Dayton.  The Barbers Hill guy has to hold on to the baton as if there was no yesterday.

Guest distancerunner10

well setxfan if you were smart you would realise they said barbers hill has beat dayton IN THE SAME HEAT....and we dont start in december...and dayton cut down on him where was BH to go besides off the track and you would have to be stupid not to see on the video that dayton cut him off..