BH mile relay

Guest distancerunner10

Guest distancerunner10

well im sure he wasnt thinking about the baton while he was tryin to not fall and then when it gets hit out of his hand thats not his fault and im sure that if we cut dayton off and they didnt make it it would just be opposite and yall would be complaining and upset because you were screwed out of state

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he was not thinking about one of the most critcal aspects of the race????well now he has the off season to think about it--and you think about it as well--we will be in Austin----now I have to go to work and leave you to complain and whine

WHEN a track team begins to train,

WHAT a track teams times are during the track season don't matter. (whether they are in the same heat or not!.....what a ridiculous statement!)

WHAT matters is the time a team runs at the District meet to advance to Regionals and the time a team runs at Regionals to advance to State.

Dayton is going to STATE because of great athletes and great coaching.  Coach Wood has worked hard to see that the Dayton boys CONTINUE to improve and peak at the right time.  Job accomplished.

Bronco Mile Relay Team.....enjoy your success.  Don't let others bring you down.  You have worked hard and deserve to go to STATE.

Barbers Hill has a good group of kids no doubt, but this reason right here is why people hate on Barbers Hill.  They got beat whatever the reason.  Quit crying about it.  Everytime something goes wrong and Barbers Hill does not succeed, there is a excuse.  You got beat.  Leave it at that.

Listen beagle----I am going to have a great time while you wallow in self pity and tears----the official ruling  is NO FOUL--anything else you have to say is irrelavant and simply an excuse for failure--maybe I will sit back and have a cold beverage and think of you crying--have a great time at your pity party

And if you were smart Mr. Runner you would realiZe there is a Z in the word realize and not an S.  I admitted that BH has beaten Dayton head to head, did you miss that.  Now can you admit that according to times, which track is based on, that have been run in the last month that Dayton is better than BH now?  Four of the last 5 races, Dayton has been faster, it is not a hard concept to understand. 

barbers hill didnt didnt get beat, we got cheated. if dayton would of beat us fair and square i would congratulate them and wish them the best at state. im not making excuses im just stating the obvious. i think anyone at the track meet other than dayton fans would say the same.

Call Huntsville and ask their head track coach he was in the curve.  If Patton was a little better coached he would run with the stick across his chest instead of out to the side.  It all comes down to this, if Joe Carter had a 10 meter lead to start with Patton would have lost by 25 meters.  Yall had the lead and lost it.  Great job on Friday getting the school record, 3:19 is awsome.

Guest distancerunner10

texan maybe if you have ever been half of an athlete you would know that its a sprint and you dont come across the chest...and we lost the lead because he cut in front of us see we pride ourselves on being the best we can WITHOUT cheating

yada..yada...yada....

ok,ok...we get it..you feel cheated...you wanted to go to state and everyone understands that, but don't say that Joe cheated when he is the last one that would cheat.  We are sorry that you did not make it to state last year in 3A and your hopes were on this year because the kids were srs. ..Everyone understands that.  It did not happen, and you cannot say for sure that it would have happened if he would not have dropped the stick on Saturday.  Did he have a chance, you better believe it, he is a great runner, but bad things happen.

Who Cares???? They Dropped a baton!! It's not the end of the world. I know that they got jipped two years in a row in that race but owe well. Bottom line is those kids were running 3:19 last year. Dayton was about 3:26. BH kids got outworked by Dayton this year. Yes I know it's not possible, but it happened. They should have walked away with this race, but Dayton Got it together and was there for the opportunity. Kids get Spiked, bumped, hit, elbowed, tripped, and cut off all the time, Dont cry overcome. Maybe if BH's other leg did not spend 20 days in ISS they would have been nowhere close to dayton. Hats off to Dayton, Coach wood is about to dominate for a while over there. Patton's will go on to higher accomplishments and better times because they wont sit around and pout. They will always be winners in my book.

Joe Carter is not a cheat.  He is a great kid.  I know he is not a spoiled brat with a little money, he was not born with a silver spoon in his mouth.  I learned alot about your mile relay kids this year.  For one when yall beat us at your meet Joe went over to shake your kids hand for a good job and one of the twins would not shake his hand.  Well thank you for that because Joe said never again will barbers hill beat him.  After the race Saturday your kid calls our kids a cuss word, thanks once again.

bheagle07 states "If Dayton would of beat us fair and square i would congratulate them and wish them the best at state"

Runners and coaches from Houston Worthing, Crosby, Huntsville, Lamar Consolidated and Austin Johnson did just that......they congratulated us and wished us luck at state.  These teams all know that Dayton and Worthing are going to state as the rightful representatives from Region 3.  I'm sure they were all disapointed that they did not advance, but showed excellent sportsmanship.  BH did not.

It's unfortunate that it went down the way it did, but Joe is not a cheater. If Joe would have waited, he would have just walked around him on the straight. It stinks for BH, but, Dayton went from 3:20.66 to 3:16.89 in one weekend. Cheating doesn't make you run a nearly 4 second PR. These kids worked their tails off. I honestly don't think that BH had the horses to hold on to that one.