***UIL Considering Radical Football Realignment Plan***

This new system may make the playing field more even( I'll believe it when I see it ), but it will be a scheduling and traveling nightmare. No one, and I mean no one, wants to travel more than 100 miles to play a district game. This will happen in this system. Some will have to travel 150 miles. 3A, 2A, and 1A school budgets just can't afford that. Making the playoffs is nice, but not all taxpayers want to fit the bill for their school just to make the playoffs.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This new system may make the playing field more even( I'll believe it when I see it ), but it will be a scheduling and traveling nightmare. No one, and I mean no one, wants to travel more than 100 miles to play a district game. This will happen in this system. Some will have to travel 150 miles. 3A, 2A, and 1A school budgets just can't afford that. Making the playoffs is nice, but not all taxpayers want to fit the bill for their school just to make the playoffs.

Great post

I agree with 95% of what you said. I think that some of the smaller schools that seem to be always on the outside looking in come playoff time would play just about anywhere especially football, since everyone knows how texans feel about their high school football.

Guest ECBucFan

Quite honestly, if you can't beat the teams in your district, regardless of size, you are NOT going to make a deep run in the state playoffs. All this will accomplish is higher costs for everyone, longer travel times, and less fans in the stands. 

Good point. But then again you would be playing teams in the playoffs with numbers closer to yours. But i see your point with the travel and money to travel for fans. It all boils down to the question for fans, coaches etc..."WOULD YOU RATHER TRAVEL MORE AND MAKE THE PLAYOFFS OR KEEP IT THE SAME AND NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS".

Guest Wildcat 08

I agree! Come playoff time, when schools with enrollments of 190 are matched up against schools with 400+ and schools with enrollments of 400+ are forced to play schools with 950 students, it IS broken! FIX IT!!

Guest ECBucFan

For years, I have been amused by coaches on TV interviews, along with many, many fans, say: "It's just not fair! We have to play people in our district with almost twice our enrollment....and so on,... but.... when THEY are reclassified into a smaller district, they never say : It's just not fair we get to beat up on people half our size!!!  ;D ;D ;D Funny how that works, huh?  ;D ;D ;D 

Yes. More travel BUT smaller schools will have a better shot at playoffs.

If Buna remain 2A, this how the district would be like

Anahuac

Newton

Buna

Woodville

East Chambers

Warren

For years, I have been amused by coaches on TV interviews, along with many, many fans, say: "It's just not fair! We have to play people in our district with almost twice our enrollment....and so on,... but.... when THEY are reclassified into a smaller district, they never say : It's just not fair we get to beat up on people half our size!!!   ;D ;D ;D Funny how that works, huh?  ;D ;D ;D 

Amen brother, nothings perfect, it just seems like the more we try to fix things the more screwed up they become.

Guest Orangeboy

Yup could look like that. Remember IF this passes this Summer only 2 teams from each district will go to the playoffs. BUT once again there will be small school districts and big school districts.

Would these districts meet up in the playoffs?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hulmeyolmu
    Newest Member
    hulmeyolmu