Who Is The Most Feared Team In SETX!!!

What team would you not want to see on you favorite teams schedule?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. What team would you not want to see on you favorite teams schedule?

• West Orange Stark
    • Newton
    • West Brook
    • Dayton
    • Central
    • Nederland
    • Ozen
    • Memorial
    • PNG

Hmmmm.... who has the longest consecutive playoff streak in SETX? Anyone know?

Has that team played WB, WO-S, Nederland, Central, Dayton, Memorial or any of the other teams on the list?

My school, WO-S, shared three opponents with EC last year - HJ, HF and Orangefield.

EC beat HJ by 1 point. WO-S beat them by 62.

EC beat HF by 3. WO-S beat them by 54.

EC beat OF by 12. WO-S beat them by 27.

I just don't see EC as a contender for the "most feared" team in SETX, because they don't play any of the other contenders. They certainly do well in the games that they do play, but it's hard for a team from one of the smallest two classes to be the "most feared." WO-S has been fortunate enough to play the role of both giant and giant killer.

Man where are you getting your numbers from????? EC beat HF by 14 (33-19) and WOS beat HF by 27 (34-7). Ec beat HJ by 30+

Old thread

Some may say im biased, but ill go with WOS

Some local teams in higher classifications dont even want to play WOS. 

AHHHHHH! Gotcha, thanks!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm.... who has the longest consecutive playoff streak in SETX? Anyone know?

Has that team played WB, WO-S, Nederland, Central, Dayton, Memorial or any of the other teams on the list?

My school, WO-S, shared three opponents with EC last year - HJ, HF and Orangefield.

EC beat HJ by 1 point. WO-S beat them by 62.

EC beat HF by 3. WO-S beat them by 54.

EC beat OF by 12. WO-S beat them by 27.

I just don't see EC as a contender for the "most feared" team in SETX, because they don't play any of the other contenders. They certainly do well in the games that they do play, but it's hard for a team from one of the smallest two classes to be the "most feared." WO-S has been fortunate enough to play the role of both giant and giant killer.

Man where are you getting your numbers from????? EC beat HF by 14 (33-19) and WOS beat HF by 27 (34-7). Ec beat HJ by 30+

Old thread

Some may say im biased, but ill go with WOS

Some local teams in higher classifications dont even want to play WOS. 

The 'some' teams that you mentioned wouldn't happen to be the Jags, huh?  ;)

In this area I would say Wos bc of their success in the past and they have some really good kids coming up. Behind them Huffman would have to rank second.  ;D

WOS and Newton are definitely scary teams...along with Brook...who will continue to get better and better

I voted for Brook, but only because I am a little biased- and I think some of you guys would change your votes if someone would set up a game between the Mustangs and the Bruins

...but that will never happen as long as WB is forced by our amazing school board to play "the beaumont bowl"...which means nothing ever since wb started winning

Since they started winning? They have a rough about 5 or 6 years, but WB has always been a tough team. We played WOS alot back in the 90's. 1991 we went to WOS and beat the #1 4A team in the state at WOS.  I have to agree with the post about LaMarque. We went there to scrimmage them that same year, and wow. LM was 4A, but they were good.  My picks are WOS,WB, Dayton, PNG, Nederland   Maybe Dayton gets bumped if your going with past playoff history and overall historical teams. I forgot to put that graduated from WB, not PNG

So much for the Southeast Texas part.   I guess greater Houston is now in our discussion.

Whats the point? Discussion is about tough teams not geography.

So much for the Southeast Texas part.   I guess greater Houston is now in our discussion.

Whats the point? Discussion is about tough teams not geography.

The point is, I don't give a rat's arse what happens in Lamarque.  I don't consider them a part of our SE Texas discussion. 

Ok.  If Houston is now part of SE Texas, I think Katy is a little more feared than LaMarque.    In fact, there are ten teams in Houston that would be the heck out of Lamarque.    It's just a stupid post under this heading, that's all.

on any given year, you would be hard pressed to find 10 that would "beat the heck out of LaMarque". IMO

Ok.  If Houston is now part of SE Texas, I think Katy is a little more feared than LaMarque.    In fact, there are ten teams in Houston that would be the heck out of Lamarque.    It's just a stupid post under this heading, that's all.

on any given year, you would be hard pressed to find 10 that would "beat the heck out of LaMarque". IMO

I know of one for sure.  Lumberton    :D :D :D

I know of one for sure.  Lumberton     :D :D :D

One year wonders do happen.How many rings does Lumberton have.What do you have against LM westend1.

I have nothing against La Marque.  I just don't think they belong in this thread about SE Texas, that's all.

We could start a thread about "10 things I hate about LaMarque".  I could find a few myself.  Their attitude...their disrespect (how they walk in front of the other teams' stands before the game); but then, people will start up again about how WOS runs to the middle of the field, no matter whose stadium they are in.

Regardless, maybe we should just rename this thread, "Who is the Most Feared Team in the Golden Triangle, and the surrounding area east of Baytown."  :)

We could start a thread about "10 things I hate about LaMarque".  I could find a few myself.  Their attitude...their disrespect (how they walk in front of the other teams' stands before the game); but then, people will start up again about how WOS runs to the middle of the field, no matter whose stadium they are in.

Regardless, maybe we should just rename this thread, "Who is the Most Feared Team in the Golden Triangle, and the surrounding area east of Baytown."   :)

How many times have you seen LM our kids play at a level that has made us one of the best programs in this state.What wrong with that.You on the outside looking in don't know.Do you think Katy and Southlake attitude is any different.You have to have a certain attitude to get a edge in sports.And Westend1 SETX is in Texas and I keep up with all FB not just in my area.And you need to be more rounded and check it all.

I am not commenting on Katy and Southlake because they are not mentioned on this thread and they are NOT in this area.  Furthermore, we have not played either one, so I don't know if they disrespect the other teams' fans or not....I am not concerned with that.  YOU brought the subject up and I added to it, that's all.  LM has had some GREAT teams over the years, I will not deny that.  I am NOT denying that.  But to come on here and bolster support for them being the most feared in this area?  I think not and others have agreed.  For you to get all bent out of shape because someone disagreed with you is just silly.  We can argue all we want over a website but that doesn't change what people think about LM and its' players or fans.  There are people out there that don't like WOS or WOS' fans either and I respect their opinion.  There are some that don't fear WOS and that's ok, too.  The question with some on this thread was not necessarily that LM was feared, but that the team does not belong to THIS THREAD.  Period.

This is just getting plain silly. For the most part, this forum has been turned into the SETXsports 3A/4A forum. That is what most of the posts are about, because we have the most number of 3A ans 4A schools. It's unfortunate because we only have two 5A schools in the area, and neither one of them have a fan support that I anyone should be proud of. Getting back on topic, if I weren't saying West Brook to be the most feared school, I'd have to say WO-S or Nederland. But unfortunately, we wont ever play any of the smaller schools in our area, except the kittens from the north end and the south end. It would be nice to see how some of the teams on that list stacked up against one another.

This is just getting plain silly. For the most part, this forum has been turned into the SETXsports 3A/4A forum. That is what most of the posts are about, because we have the most number of 3A ans 4A schools. It's unfortunate because we only have two 5A schools in the area, and neither one of them have a fan support that I anyone should be proud of. Getting back on topic, if I weren't saying West Brook to be the most feared school, I'd have to say WO-S or Nederland. But unfortunately, we wont ever play any of the smaller schools in our area, except the kittens from the north end and the south end. It would be nice to see how some of the teams on that list stacked up against one another.

So true, '82, but the thread didn't ask for classification....just asked for teams.  Gone are the days for a WB vs. WOS game, unless WOS gets some sort of weird influx of people moving into the area (not likely), or WB loses a thousand (not likely either). 

P.S.  WB was scary when we played.  Always seemed to have huge players and playmakers.  Much respect.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin