Who Is The Most Feared Team In SETX!!!

What team would you not want to see on you favorite teams schedule?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. What team would you not want to see on you favorite teams schedule?

• West Orange Stark
    • Newton
    • West Brook
    • Dayton
    • Central
    • Nederland
    • Ozen
    • Memorial
    • PNG

gman, you have to remember something.  We (SETX) can schedule all the big name schools we want.  But they have to accept it also.  Would it benefit them?  Would they have a more better team to play?  Things like that have to be considered.  No one is scared to play your Coogs.  Nederland and PN-G has played them the last couple of years.  Brook has some Barbarians on their schedule this year.  It's almost like the BH vs. Longview thing.  They both needed games so they will play this fall.  Longview will be a handful, but BH will not back down and will give them everything they have. 

IMO, (and I have nothing agains the Coogs) LM shouldn't be mentioned in this thread because they aren't in SETX.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just getting plain silly. For the most part, this forum has been turned into the SETXsports 3A/4A forum. That is what most of the posts are about, because we have the most number of 3A ans 4A schools. It's unfortunate because we only have two 5A schools in the area, and neither one of them have a fan support that I anyone should be proud of. Getting back on topic, if I weren't saying West Brook to be the most feared school, I'd have to say WO-S or Nederland. But unfortunately, we wont ever play any of the smaller schools in our area, except the kittens from the north end and the south end. It would be nice to see how some of the teams on that list stacked up against one another.

:D :D   ;D ;D ... I likes that!  You know, you're a funny dude! LOL.

On a serious not, I know how you must feel when it seems like Brook and Memorial are left out.  Fortunately, I have the pleasure of seeing these two teams (since we play them).  I believe yall will get more recognition this year if yall beat one of the powerhouses. 

This is just getting plain silly. For the most part, this forum has been turned into the SETXsports 3A/4A forum. That is what most of the posts are about, because we have the most number of 3A ans 4A schools. It's unfortunate because we only have two 5A schools in the area, and neither one of them have a fan support that I anyone should be proud of. Getting back on topic, if I weren't saying West Brook to be the most feared school, I'd have to say WO-S or Nederland. But unfortunately, we wont ever play any of the smaller schools in our area, except the kittens from the north end and the south end. It would be nice to see how some of the teams on that list stacked up against one another.

On a serious not, I know how you must feel when it seems like Brook and Memorial are left out.  Fortunately, I have the pleasure of seeing these two teams (since we play them).  I believe yall will get more recognition this year if yall beat one of the powerhouses.  

yes sir soulja

If all goes well, I think we might just beat more than one of those powerhouses! ;)

Guest tigersvoice

LaMarque posters as anyone else CAN post here, just because we don't cover LaMarque fully don't mean you can't post. Actually last year we broadcasted LaMarque games.

OK but just don"t mention LM are post about LM.I respect that I don't agree with it but will not post anything on this site.I have never seen are hear this before on any other sites that I have visted.Winning alot bring that out of people.Everyone hates winners but the winners themself.

gman,

Are you hard of "Hearing" or hard of "Reading?"  Coop explained that you are welcome to post about LaMarque or whomever you please.  How do you intelligently jump from there to "Everyone hates winners but the winners themself [sic]."  Have you been saving that line to use on us rednecks?

gman.  We welcome you to talk football on this site.  Sorry if I gave you the wrong impression.  My only point ever was that this thread was a discussion about SE Texas.  If you see a post about best teams in the state,  best teams in Houston, best winning traditions, or anything else where you feel La marque should be mentioned, jump in.   Even better, start a new thread about any of those things. You will get plenty of discussion.

ps--be sure to insult mid-county.  that really gets the thread going.    ;D

LaMarque posters as anyone else CAN post here, just because we don't cover LaMarque fully don't mean you can't post. Actually last year we broadcasted LaMarque games.

OK but just don"t mention LM are post about LM.I respect that I don't agree with it but will not post anything on this site.I have never seen are hear this before on any other sites that I have visted.Winning alot bring that out of people.Everyone hates winners but the winners themself.

gman,

Are you hard of "Hearing" or hard of "Reading?"  Coop explained that you are welcome to post about LaMarque or whomever you please.  How do you intelligently jump from there to "Everyone hates winners but the winners themself [sic]."  Have you been saving that line to use on us rednecks?

NO I'am not and I'am trying my best to be nice so don't start no $hit.

G-Man I like your style but better slow down bc your karma will look like mine. Ha Ask me if I care ha ha  8)

gman,

G-Man I like your style but better slow down bc your karma will look like mine. Ha Ask me if I care ha ha  8)

LOL.....I actually laughed out loud on that one! :D

As far as the most feared, there are teams that you are about to play or know you have to play that make you have butterflies in your stomach. Im talking about that feeling as a player that you get in the pre-game that says Holy *&%$ these guys are the real deal. I know we (WOS) have that effect on people. I will say this, I have played in one game that I had that feeling. Throughout my varsity carrer, we always had the "shock" factor on our opponents except for one game in my opinion. It was the '97 season playoffs for the regional final, I believe we were ranked #2 in state behind....LaMarque! All season we knew that we would see them. We were just hoping someone would knock them off. They had our number for the past few years, and probably single handily kept us from state those years. I remember in pre-game, it looked like their fans were there for a college game. There were thousands of them! They were all chanting "We are Lamarque Cougars Wooh". I remember saying to myself...here we go! I kicked off on the opening play of the game and pinned them inside the 5. We were pumped, heck we had the #1 defense in the state, what could go wrong? Next play....90 yrds for a touchdown!!! With all this said, I would have to say the most feared team in the 90's for any clasification would be the LaMarque Cougars. I know they are not SETX, but as far as the "Fear factor" they were the poster child.

"We are La Marque Cougars Whoosh"  More victories than any team from any classification in the State during the 90's.  That's including Southlake, Katy, etc.  I appreciate you mentioning us on this thread, this decade is not over with yet.

Actually according to KHOU TV radar and also many other radars across the state, the Southeast Texas area is shown in this map

This is the hidden content, please
  <<<<click here

La Marque is in Galveston County, which is considered Southeast Texas

Even though it was a long time ago, I didn't sleep through Geography class

After last years performance the Raiders should strike fear into the hearts of their opponents.

You're definitely on the rise, incredible fan base. I remember the feeling I had sitting in the stands in 1986 at Kyle Field. It was our first of nine state title appearances, incredible feeling. You guys must be feeling the same after your first playoff victory.

Guest tigersvoice

After last years performance the Raiders should strike fear into the hearts of their opponents.

This was meant to have a big ol' "Tongue in Check" emocon following it, right?

gman,

Are you hard of "Hearing" or hard of "Reading?"  Coop explained that you are welcome to post about LaMarque or whomever you please.  How do you intelligently jump from there to "Everyone hates winners but the winners themself [sic]."  Have you been saving that line to use on us rednecks?

Gman(remember I named you that in 2006?)....remember the ring that means so much, it represents the road that very few have traveled and none will ever know. Remember the flags that fly at Etheredge, many have seen but few will ever fly. Plans are in the making to increase the size of the trophy case because of gladiators such as yourself. You have proven yourself on the field of battle as the many who proceeded you. You do not have to prove yourself on this thread... history has proven that. Remember the code you adopted when you laced on those pads and put on that helmet. Your place in history will ever be etched in stone, the granite monument on the front steps proves that.

Let us join our neighbors here in Southeast Texas to honor those who work so hard to make this area the best in the state.

Guest tigersvoice

gman,

Are you hard of "Hearing" or hard of "Reading?"  Coop explained that you are welcome to post about LaMarque or whomever you please.  How do you intelligently jump from there to "Everyone hates winners but the winners themself [sic]."  Have you been saving that line to use on us rednecks?

Gman(remember I named you that in 2006?)....remember the ring that means so much, it represents the road that very few have traveled and none will ever know. Remember the flags that fly at Etheredge, many have seen but few will ever fly. Plans are in the making to increase the size of the trophy case because of gladiators such as yourself. You have proven yourself on the field of battle as the many who proceeded you. You do not have to prove yourself on this thread... history has proven that. Remember the code you adopted when you laced on those pads and put on that helmet. Your place in history will ever be etched in stone, the granite monument on the front steps proves that.

Let us join our neighbors here in Southeast Texas to honor those who work so hard to make this area the best in the state.

Fine, and I'm not trying to start anything either.  My point is that Coop told you at least twice that there was no problem with LaMarque posters or any other posters visiting our board.  Then you come back and post the idiotic thing about hating winners.  I just wanted to know if after graduating from Lamarque could you not read or could you not comprehend?  Man the expression over here has always been:  "The road to State is through Lamarque."  That's the ultimate compliment.  And, I'm glad the guy(?) that named you Gman in 2006 has come to your rescue.  You two look good together.

gman,

Fine, and I'm not trying to start anything either.  My point is that Coop told you at least twice that there was no problem with LaMarque posters or any other posters visiting our board.  Then you come back and post the idiotic thing about hating winners.  I just wanted to know if after graduating from Lamarque could you not read or could you not comprehend?  Man the expression over here has always been:  "The road to State is through Lamarque."  That's the ultimate compliment.  And, I'm glad the guy(?) that named you Gman in 2006 has come to your rescue.  You two look good together.

"You two look good together"

What would you mean by that fine sir? I do take that as a compliment actually.....one former student helping another. It does look good in a world where so many turn a blind eye to helping the younger members of today's society.

You mentioned "The road to State is through La Marque", although that is not true each year. I would feel confident that most athletes in La Marque would feel honored to have such a compliment coming from someone of your reputation.

Earlier in the post Coop mentioned broadcasting La Marque football on this site. That must have generated thousands of dollars of revenue for this site? The new coach for La Marque has a philosophy of discipline and hard work. Hopefully he will join the four other coaches that preceded him in La Marque and take them once again to the big dance someday. It might take a while, we have only been 9 times in the last 21 years, we will have to be patient.

I have been told by the people who broadcast La Marque football on Comcast cable each week, there is an average of 6,000 viewers.Just think , La Marque football has been broadcast on TV in the La Marque - Texas City area since the mid '90s...It is a compliment to know that SETXsports enhanced that exposure with it's audio webcasts. Reputation means everything right?

You had a question mark beside guy in your post, yes I was born of the male gender and my wife still says she married a pretty good man after 34 years of marriage!! (LOL). Sorry I didn't mean to hijack this thread talking about marriage, that could really open up a bag of worms.

Anyway, it is a compliment that you have allowed La Marque to have the privilege of posting on this board. I think the viewers are looking forward to listening to the audio web casts again.

gman,

What would you mean by that fine sir? I do take that as a compliment actually.....one former student helping another. It does look good in a world where so many turn a blind eye to helping the younger members of today's society.

You mentioned "The road to State is through La Marque", although that is not true each year. I would feel confident that most athletes in La Marque would feel honored to have such a compliment coming from someone of your reputation.

Earlier in the post Coop mentioned broadcasting La Marque football on this site. That must have generated thousands of dollars of revenue for this site? The new coach for La Marque has a philosophy of discipline and hard work. Hopefully he will join the four other coaches that preceded him in La Marque and take them once again to the big dance someday. It might take a while, we have only been 9 times in the last 21 years, we will have to be patient.

I have been told by the people who broadcast La Marque football on Comcast cable each week, there is an average of 6,000 viewers.Just think , La Marque football has been broadcast on TV in the La Marque - Texas City area since the mid '90s...It is a compliment to know that SETXsports enhanced that exposure with it's audio webcasts. Reputation means everything right?

You had a question mark beside guy in your post, yes I was born of the male gender and my wife still says she married a pretty good man after 34 years of marriage!! (LOL). Sorry I didn't mean to hijack this thread talking about marriage, that could really open up a bag of worms.

Anyway, it is a compliment that you have allowed La Marque to have the privilege of posting on this board. I think the viewers are looking forward to listening to the audio web casts again.

Please inform us more about these THOUSANDS of DOLLARS that the broadcasts of LaMarque football brought to this site.

Also, Setxsports actually didn't broadcast the games, it's sister Houston site did, but that maybe splitting hairs.

gman,

Please inform us more about these THOUSANDS of DOLLARS that the broadcasts of LaMarque football brought to this site.

Also, Setxsports actually didn't broadcast the games, it's sister Houston site did, but that maybe splitting hairs.

You will need to ask Jordan Wilson about that.....would you like to see cancelled checks? Or maybe a copy of the 1099 that was sent to the IRS?

I guess I misunderstood Coop when he said "we broadcast La Marque football games"?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder