New Caney vs Crosby

10 minutes ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

New Caney’s Strength should be the secondary. Does Crosby have a back that can come close to putting up the numbers Williams did? I see NC scoring 38 Can Crosby put up 39? I know Crosby will looking to revenge the game from last year. I got NC 38 Crosby 28.

I agree NC's strength will be their secondary but that's a huge hit losing McGlothern to CHTC. What's probably even more of an issue is having to play Childress at qb after losing Cooper, great athlete but is going to struggle to throw the ball consistently with any accuracy. I would say position group by position group that there might be some ties but I don't see NC with an advantage anywhere from the scrimmage film I've seen. I don't think Crosby will have much trouble with NC in the trenches either. NC is notorious for slow starts to the season and I think getting Crosby right out of the gate vs getting fired up to play a 9-0 Crosby at the end of the season is a disadvantage for NC.

As far as the rb's, we just plug and play. We go three deep at the rb position but I think #24, Noel Wright, is going to be an FBS caliber back when its all said and done. He should easily hit the 1k yard mark barring injuries. Crosby is very capable of coming out like last year and trying to go through the motions and getting beat. This year's team plays for each other though, so I don't see that happening. I definitely don't see Crosby's starters giving up 38 on defense, nor do I see the offense being held to 28 by anyone on the current schedule. I think it's going to be a dogfight for at least a half but I think Crosby eventually pulls away by a couple of tds.

1 hour ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

No not same but a little faster. I will say I originally had 35 but we have a strong kicker so I threw a FG in. If we were on road again I would have dropped the point total. I think it should be a good game. I’m not sure Crosby will run Howard too much since it’s pre-district.

I agree on Crosby probably not running Howard much, even though he is very capable of putting up good rushing numbers.