Sabine Pass 61 Hull-Daisetta 50/FINAL

WOSgrad

10 minutes ago, pitufo04 said:

One ref in particular was just awful tonight. Lots of fouls called and not called. Sabine Pass should have won by more but got into foul trouble and couldn't be as aggressive on defense. 

What?  Only one?  I know all refs are trying to be good.  And most don't show partiality, but geez, it drives me nuts when they're A: incompetent, or BthruZ partial to one team.

7 hours ago, REBgp said:

What?  Only one?  I know all refs are trying to be good.  And most don't show partiality, but geez, it drives me nuts when they're A: incompetent, or BthruZ partial to one team.

He was younger and just missed ALOT of calls. The foul count was very loop sided. 1 fouled out the rest of the starters had 4 each and a couple on the bench had 2 .. This is Sabine I'm speaking of. Also got a little chippy at the end between 2 players .. refs didn't address it earlier so it went on most of 2nd half.

1 hour ago, pitufo04 said:

He was younger and just missed ALOT of calls. The foul count was very loop sided. 1 fouled out the rest of the starters had 4 each and a couple on the bench had 2 .. This is Sabine I'm speaking of. Also got a little chippy at the end between 2 players .. refs didn't address it earlier so it went on most of 2nd half.

Chippy not being recognized or addressed, is the thing I wonder about the most.  I've seen good refs stop it quick, and it needs to be.  Heaven forbid you allow what has gone on in a game or two around here.  Jmo

6 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Chippy not being recognized or addressed, is the thing I wonder about the most.  I've seen good refs stop it quick, and it needs to be.  Heaven forbid you allow what has gone on in a game or two around here.  Jmo

Amen.  And I don't know if it's just me, but a lot of time it seems to me that it gets chippy because of poor officiating to begin with.  Most of the time inconsistency.

A good example is the game I observed last night.  As is almost invariably the case when you play Silsbee, the game will be physical.  The refs last night for the most part let the kids play, but they did it consistently on both ends of the floor.  They missed a few REALLY easy calls (one of which was referenced in that game thread), but that is understandable.  They are human too.  But the tenor of the game and the manner in which they were calling the game was very consistent.  As a result, there was no issue with any of the kids and it was a good clean, game and there were no chippiness that I observed on either side.  The kids had a lot to do with that, but I think refs contribute heavily as well.