Central has been deemed unfit.

Alpha Wolf

12 hours ago, NDNation said:

I remember now. 

When I was in high school, some of our buildings were damaged by fire. They brought in the temp buildings. They were pretty big. 

Found out today, that the portable buildings that BISD owned when they were rebuilding Regina-Howell and South Park, have been sold.  Due to all the damage across the state from Harvey, portables are hard to find and on high demand...

2 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

From what I’m hearing Central will be moving to the old Austin MS campus now called the Early Learning HS, Early Learning HS willl move to WB campus, Paul Brown will move to Ozen....

Yea I heard that option from a meeting I just left.  I don't think it's the best viable option.  The more I think about it, I prefer the Summer Creek/Kingwood option...

Central Medical Magnet High School

Short-Term Plan to Return to School

1. Central High School tenth, eleventh, and twelfth grade students will be moved to the Austin Innovation Center campus, due to ongoing issues with the main Central High School structure. A starting date will be announced as soon as all logistical components are addressed.

2. Central High School ninth grade students will return to school at the CHS campus in buildings that are separate from the main Central High School structure. A starting date will be announced as soon as all logistical components are addressed.

3. Early College High School students will be moved to an unused portion of the West Brook High School Campus. An effective date will be announced as soon as all logistical components are addressed.

4. Paul Brown Learning Center students will be moved to the Ozen High School campus. An effective date will be announced as soon as all logistical components are addressed.

5. Central High School students will be allowed to transfer to Ozen High School immediately, as long as there is available building capacity at Ozen HS. Due to the relocation of the Early College High School to West Brook High School and building capacity limitations, transfers to West Brook HS will not be allowed at this time.

6. Missed days will not count against student attendance.

7. District personnel will ensure that Central High School courses meet state requirements to receive credit. To receive credit, students will still have to meet course requirements.

8. Central High School students at both campuses will participate and compete in extracurricular activities as a single high school. To accomplish this, students will be transported after school as necessary.

9. A parent meeting led by BISD personnel will be held as soon as all logistical components are addressed.

10. Potential long-term options for Central High School will be released later this week.

7 minutes ago, SFA85 said:

1. Central High School tenth, eleventh, and twelfth grade students will be moved to the Austin Innovation Center campus, due to ongoing issues with the main Central High School structure. A starting date will be announced as soon as all logistical components are addressed.

2. Central High School ninth grade students will return to school at the CHS campus in buildings that are separate from the main Central High School structure. A starting date will be announced as soon as all logistical components are addressed.

3. Early College High School students will be moved to an unused portion of the West Brook High School Campus. An effective date will be announced as soon as all logistical components are addressed.

4. Paul Brown Learning Center students will be moved to the Ozen High School campus. An effective date will be announced as soon as all logistical components are addressed.

5. Central High School students will be allowed to transfer to Ozen High School immediately, as long as there is available building capacity at Ozen HS. Due to the relocation of the Early College High School to West Brook High School and building capacity limitations, transfers to West Brook HS will not be allowed at this time.

7. District personnel will ensure that Central High School courses meet state requirements to receive credit. To receive credit, students will still have to meet course requirements.

8. Central High School students at both campuses will participate and compete in extracurricular activities as a single high school. To accomplish this, students will be transported after school as necessary.

9. A parent meeting led by BISD personnel will be held as soon as all logistical components are addressed.

10. Potential long-term options for Central High School will be released later this week.

#5 is very interesting.

4 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Scenario

With UIL snapshot day coming up in a few weeks, if 100-200 or more Central students decide to transfer, this could keep Ozen in 5A for next realignment. Then, what happens if those students transfer back in spring or summer back to Central?

Like I said, this could get interesting.

I wish BISD would revisit all the zoning of the Elementaries and Middle Schools.  There is no reason why all 3 schools could be 5A.  It would save money in transportation plus WB wouldn't be at the mercy of the insanity which is map reading by the UIL

1 hour ago, SFA85 said:

Not going to work, stay tuned...

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Scenario

With UIL snapshot day coming up in a few weeks, if 100-200 or more Central students decide to transfer, this could keep Ozen in 5A for next realignment. Then, what happens if those students transfer back in spring or summer back to Central?

I wonder if schools can ask the UIL to move the snapshot date back a few weeks or even a month.  There are a lot of schools affected by flooding not just in this area.

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Scenario

Didn't they choose to stay in 5A with 4A numbers last realignment?  I may be mistaken, but this would be no different.

14 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I was simply asking a question as to why it wouldn't work. Why would BISD make that announcement if it wouldn't work?

Geeeeeez

I'll give you a small nugget of the many issues in their announcement...

So they want the freshman back on the main campus, that is currently off limits to everyone, besides the field house that is about 100 yards away.  So how are they planning on feeding these kids?  The cafeteria that they just spent a half a million dollars on renovating this summer, is in the middle of the main building which is supposedly where the issues are.

The band hall and girls gym are not directly attached to the main building but the band members can not get their instruments and attire neither can the volleyball team or the Silversteppers?    

8 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

So they want the freshman back on the main campus, that is currently off limits to everyone, besides the field house that is about 100 yards away.  So how are they planning on feeding these kids?  The cafeteria that they just spent a half a million dollars on renovating this summer, is in the middle of the main building which is supposedly where the issues are.

The band hall and girls gym are not directly attached to the main building but the band members can not get their instruments and attire neither can the volleyball team or the Silversteppers?    

Bingo!!!  

33 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

That's all I was asking.

Very good point.

58 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

They could have lunches delivered. I've seen a private school in orange reaching out to local restaurants to set up a contract and have lunches delivered to the students. Maybe they have that in mind

14 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

They could have lunches delivered. I've seen a private school in orange reaching out to local restaurants to set up a contract and have lunches delivered to the students. Maybe they have that in mind

As cheap as they are on fixing the school the right way, I doubt that will be their solution.  They will try to get food brought over from another school cafeteria if anything...