Hardin@New Waverly

camsdad

17 hours ago, USC36 said:

Hardin is improved, no question about that, but I still think they don't win a game in district

I understand your thinking, but have you seen them play?

They are much, much improved. The return of the QB, the RB is a stud and they catch the ball well. The will put a scare into some people in the District. And yes, I know who is in there.

28 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

I understand your thinking, but have you seen them play?

They are much, much improved. The return of the QB, the RB is a stud and they catch the ball well. The will put a scare into some people in the District. And yes, I know who is in there.

I believe you speak the truth about the improvements. Still not gonna be enough IMO. Hardin goes winless again in District, just to tough a District. 

A lot of optimism here for an 0-10 team to beat a 9-3 team from last year.  Yes, NW graduated a ton last year and probably won't win district again.  But, they have an aggressive defense that shut down Somerville last week. They also have an old school run game that can get it done, as their QB ran for 175 and 2 TD's.  I'd have to lean NW in what should be a good game.  

36 minutes ago, Eazy said:

A lot of optimism here for an 0-10 team to beat a 9-3 team from last year.  Yes, NW graduated a ton last year and probably won't win district again.  But, they have an aggressive defense that shut down Somerville last week. They also have an old school run game that can get it done, as their QB ran for 175 and 2 TD's.  I'd have to lean NW in what should be a good game.  

They beat the Yeguas 22-10. Where is NW expected to finish at in their district. 

10 hours ago, waterboy6890 said:

Nw wins. Hardin is still Hardin. It don't matter who is the coach. Coaches can't create players. 

You obviously have not seen them play. The return of the QB and the Sophomore RB make a huge difference. And the new offense showcases the sure hands of the receiving corps. The defense is just good enough to slow people down and you are wrong, coaching makes a huge difference. 

4 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

You obviously have not seen them play. The return of the QB and the Sophomore RB make a huge difference. And the new offense showcases the sure hands of the receiving corps. The defense is just good enough to slow people down and you are wrong, coaching makes a huge difference. 

Yeah, coaching makes a huge difference! I can agree to that! But if you don't have the dogs to coach, there is nothing you can do. I know absolutely nothing about New W, but pretty confident Hardin won't beat them. 

1 hour ago, PlayActionPass said:

Didn't this running back you speak play last year also?

2 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

I do agree with most of this but the receivers did drop a couple of deep passes in the end zone. Hardin could have easily scored 50.