Silsbee/Ozen scrimmage at The Butch

STiger85

9 minutes ago, The Icon said:

I suppose the exception tagged on #5 is how both Central and Ozen are "magnet" schools and are both 5A. West Brook is not a magnet school, so it may not apply. I really don't understand it completely, which is why I am asking. Much smarter people than myself out there. 

I ain't one of them, though.LOL!  Quite frankly, the "magnet, non magnet" and the enrollment mess has been confusing to me as well.  Hopefully, things will be much clearer in Feb. 2018.

5 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

Bridge city, lumberton, silsbee, and probably LCM will still beat them.

Have I missed where Lumberton will be dropping to 4A DI? The school and community are growing... I can't imagine their enrollment numbers dropping enough to move down, and I haven't read anywhere that the top limit of D1 would be moving up by much. 

8 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Have I missed where Lumberton will be dropping to 4A DI? The school and community are growing... I can't imagine their enrollment numbers dropping enough to move down, and I haven't read anywhere that the top limit of D1 would be moving up by much. 

There was one site that placed Lumberton just below the "projected" 5A/4A line.  Nobody will really know until February of next year.

11 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

They project us to drop down. However, like you said, we are growing and it won't be long and we will be right back up to 5A.  

44 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

They project us to drop down. However, like you said, we are growing and it won't be long and we will be right back up to 5A.  

Sometimes I wish we would drop, but it's not going to happen unless they raise the lower limit a lot. I think we're officially the smallest school in our district. District champs, too. 

On 8/25/2017 at 3:17 PM, WOSgrad said:

There was one site that placed Lumberton just below the "projected" 5A/4A line.  Nobody will really know until February of next year.

I predict Lumberton will never move back down. The enrollment will always stay just ahead of the slight adjustments UIL makes every 2 years.