Maher and the "N" Word

baddog

Those of us who follow Bill Maher knows what kind of man he is and he is certainly NOT a racist, it what in your heart that count. I watch his show and in context, he used I was not offended. A racist would not have donated a million dollars for Obama's re-election! He said he is sorry, Heck no he should keep his job. In fact, he was referring to himself when he said it! Jesus Christ! get over it, it was just a bad joke!

On 6/4/2017 at 0:43 PM, BS Wildcats said:

To be honest, if Hannity or Rush had said this, you and others on here would be all over this.  Deny if you want to.

You and right, because their intention would be to degrade or hurt, Maher was trying to be funny, I can just see Rush referring to himself as a house (N) !

10 minutes ago, Fee Dee said:

Those of us who follow Bill Maher knows what kind of man he is and he is certainly NOT a racist, it what in your heart that count. I watch his show and in context, he used I was not offended. A racist would not have donated a million dollars for Obama's re-election! He said he is sorry, Heck no he should keep his job. In fact, he was referring to himself when he said it! Jesus Christ! get over it, it was just a bad joke!

No conservative talk show host would be given a pass, joke or not.  And if you believe that, you are very mistaken.

3 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

No conservative talk show host would be given a pass, joke or not.  And if you believe that, you are very mistaken.

I agree with you.

because I think our values are different, we liberals are just that! LIBERALS. :-)

I personally think Bill Maher should be allowed to say whatever he wants and if HBO does/doesn't fire him, I'm ok with that. Here is the problem. As stated above, liberals have a different set of values than conservatives. Liberals should know that they lose all credibility with the right on an issue when different standards are given to different people based on politics. Just hold everyone accountable the same way. 

On 6/5/2017 at 11:23 AM, baddog said:

This guy lost his job for saying this??? Oh yeah. It was said about Obama. That's the key.

This is the hidden content, please

The NFL is doing whatever it can to get back some of that audience they lost last year when Kaepernick thought it would be cute to disgrace our country and our anthem.   

8 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

Paula Deen lost her job after testifying in a deposition that she had said the N word in the past.  She's 70 and grew up in the South in segregated schools, so I don't see how people were shocked by that.  She admitted to saying it in private in the past and the Food Network fired her for that.  Liberals live by a whole other set of rules. 

On 6/4/2017 at 0:43 PM, BS Wildcats said:

To be honest, if Hannity or Rush had said this, you and others on here would be all over this.  Deny if you want to.

If Hannity or Rush called themselves the n word I wouldn't have a problem with it. It would be an honest accessment.

22 minutes ago, texanabroad said:

Tobie, I had to scroll up to remind myself what the thread was about. Are you that dense?  What the heck do those pictures have to do with Maher?

Was responding to phatmack throwing Kapernick and the anthem in the mix. Did you question him too? so I put a pic of thos unpatriotic bast.... not putting their hands over hearts.

7 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Paula Deen lost her job after testifying in a deposition that she had said the N word in the past.  She's 70 and grew up in the South in segregated schools, so I don't see how people were shocked by that.  She admitted to saying it in private in the past and the Food Network fired her for that.  Liberals live by a whole other set of rules. 

I didn't get that. Her age her coming up in the south. Not giving her a pass but. I still use my paula deen pots.

2 hours ago, new tobie said:

Gotta be photoshopped or fake news done by snowflakes ,  right!!

You can't tell? It doesn't have to be fake, it just is. Use your head. The timing of a photo is everything and can make lots of people look silly. Nevermind.