Segregation Starting in France

Hagar

In 1972 Tom T. Hall wrote & sang, Old Dogs & Children, and Watermelon Wine.  Since I had such a beautiful singing voice (or not lol), I was singing it at work.  Hall's inspiration for the song came from a trip to the 72 Democratic Convention where he had a conversation with an old black porter at the Miami Beach hotel.  The Porter appraised his own life by saying the only three worthwhile things are the three listed in the songs title. An older black co-worker of mine was perturbed that Hall had mentioned an "old, gray, black gentleman.  His thoughts were, why didn't Hall just mention an old gray gentleman?  Why did people even mention race.  Keep in mind, my co-worker grew up during segregation, and had listened to Dr. King speaking, encouraging folks to look at someone & not see race, but a fellow human being.  A goal of most in the black movement at the time.

The point of my little story is, we seem to have come full circle.  Now we're seeing blacks giving segregation a rebirth, as evidenced by blacks repeatedly wanting segregated venues.  There have been several threads about those on here, and I'll admit my memory isn't what it use to be, but I don't remember any of our black posters condemning this trend.  If some of you did, my apologies.  If you didn't, is that what you want again, segregation?  In fairness, you'll have to acknowledge why it puzzles many whites, like myself.

This is the hidden content, please

17 minutes ago, new tobie said:

Some whites would love segregation also. But houses for sale sometimes prevents this.

Don't be deflecting, No doubt some whites want segregation.  But why are many blacks now pushing for it, in public venues?  Have you seen any demands by white students/people for a segregated venue in a public facility?  I saw the struggles of the 60's.  Wouldn't want to see them again.  So seriously, do you have a clue why this is happening, or are you as clueless as me?  It's a head scratcher.

Reb, don't expect a response to that question. I asked a fair question the other day wanting to know what the end goal was for all this segregation talk and I got no response. If those people on this board really cared about improving racial relations, they would want to engage in a dialogue. But no, they don't really care about that.  They just want to spew idiotic comments that further separate the races. 

4 hours ago, texanabroad said:

Reb, don't expect a response to that question. I asked a fair question the other day wanting to know what the end goal was for all this segregation talk and I got no response. If those people on this board really cared about improving racial relations, they would want to engage in a dialogue. But no, they don't really care about that.  They just want to spew idiotic comments that further separate the races. 

It fits in with most liberals.  For some reason, when they know you're right, they bail out.  What irritates me, they don't take any wisdom with them.  If it doesn't fit their agenda, they block it out.  I can't comprehend it.  If you ever figure out how they blank out the truth, please let me know.