Players Arrested

setxguru

I know that recently WOS had two Seniors athletes that were arrested a suspended from athletics and all extra curriculars but I was just told that a Beaumont High School had a Senior to be arrested a week ago with no punishment after spending the night in jail. Can anyone confirm and what is the norm for this type of punishment?

14 hours ago, setxguru said:

I know that recently WOS had two Seniors athletes that were arrested a suspended from athletics and all extra curriculars but I was just told that a Beaumont High School had a Senior to be arrested a week ago with no punishment after spending the night in jail. Can anyone confirm and what is the norm for this type of punishment?

Schools do not normally punish students for arrests outside of the school environment.

Athletes are held to a different standard since athletics are extra-curricular. 

Teachers have to be notified in writing when a student in their classroom convicts a felony. Other than that, nothing usually happens.

1 hour ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

Schools do not normally punish students for arrests outside of the school environment.

Athletes are held to a different standard since athletics are extra-curricular. 

Teachers have to be notified in writing when a student in their classroom convicts a felony. Other than that, nothing usually happens.

So if a student were accused of rape off campus, the school wouldn't take any action to ensure he/she was separated from the general student population? 

13 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

So if a student were accused of rape off campus, the school wouldn't take any action to ensure he/she was separated from the general student population? 

A student must be placed in DAEP for engaging in a Title V felony offense or aggravated robbery while off-campus and not in attendance at a school-sponsored or school-related activity if:  The student receives deferred prosecution;  A court or jury finds the student engaged in delinquent conduct; or  The administrator reasonably believes that the student engaged in the misconduct.

TITLE 5 FELONY OFFENSES: Criminal offenses against the person that, depending on the circumstances, may include murder; capital murder; manslaughter; criminally negligent homicide; unlawful restraint; kidnapping; aggravated kidnapping; trafficking of persons; unlawful transport; assault; aggravated assault; sexual assault; aggravated sexual assault; improper relationship between educator and student; indecency with a child; injury to a child, an elderly person, or a disabled person; abandoning or endangering a child; improper photography or visual recording; deadly conduct; terroristic threat; aiding a person to commit suicide; harassment by a person in a correctional facility; continuous sexual abuse of a young child or children; and tampering with a consumer product 

18 hours ago, setxguru said:

What was the arrest for?

A person can be arrested for not using a turn signal so it could be anything from a traffic citation to Capital Murder. 

The police have to notify the school in all class B misdemeanor (slghtly more serious than a traffic ticket) and above arrests but schools only have to take action on certain arrests. Merely saying a student was arrested in itself is almost meaningless. 

5 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Not in Silsbee, lol.

This is the hidden content, please

There is a huge difference between being accused and actually arrested or charged. I can accuse anyone of anything with no proof at all. An arrest implies probable cause at the very least which is around a 50% or greater appearance of being true  

What a discussion that case was. I got blistered for saying that she had no grounds for a valid lawsuit. I even got angry private messages. 

The courts agreed with me (since I rendered a decision first :)). 

I had no opinion on the assault case but only on the school's authority to remove her from the team. 

4 hours ago, 2wedge said:

2 hours ago, tvc184 said:

What was the arrest for?

A person can be arrested for not using a turn signal so it could be anything from a traffic citation to Capital Murder

The police have to notify the school in all class B misdemeanor (slghtly more serious than a traffic ticket) and above arrests but schools only have to take action on certain arrests. Merely saying a student was arrested in itself is almost meaningless. 

It wasn't rape or capital murder...

6 hours ago, 2wedge said:

Yeah, just a heinous assault that almost cost a kid his life. That's all.....

Wrong, what I'm referring to did not almost cost a kid their life.  I'm not talking about the WO-S incident, I'm talking about the BISD incident.  So get your stuff straight...

6 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

Wrong, what I'm referring to did not almost cost a kid their life.  I'm not talking about the WO-S incident, I'm talking about the BISD incident.  So get your stuff straight...

I haven't seen any news on the BISD incident. I have to assume that there's not a racial angle since the media isn't giving us daily updates like they do on the WOS situation.