Monte Barrow named new HC/AD at Nederland!

KABrother

I'm sure surprised.   Guess he's just tired of the grind.  Hope he's got a recliner.  Absolute necessity for retired folks.  Just a suggestion Coach.

And one more thing, you did a heckuva job coaching.  You will be missed when the 2017 football season starts up.  Enjoy your Retirement.

3 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

Leave a 6A school that was one game away from playing in the state championship game?  That is loaded again next year?  I don't know what Atascocita's facilities look like but I know they are probably better...

Better pay, better facilities and better athletes.I've seen the facilities.  Way better...  He won't leave there (Atascocita)...

2 hours ago, Coach85 said:

I think Monte deserves it but if he doesn't have a masters and it's required then they will have to go outside. The NISD would not approve the separation of the AD/HC and pay two salaries.

Is it a legal requirement by uil or something to have a masters?

If a masters is required and Barrow thought he had a shot at this job wouldn't he have gotten it by now? Lamar offers that online educational administration masters program that he could have easily completed. The fact that he didn't bother to get one leads me to believe the admin wants to go from outside on this one. 

8 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Pay raise and don't have to deal with BISD.  How is that a step down?

A step down with really good athletes, which Nederland dont have many of...  WB finished 9-! In district and return everyone...  Plus, the new coach at Nederland won't get more that what Flanagan is making now.  Neumann got a huge raise, remember?  The new coach won't make what neauman makes now...

18 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

A step down with really good athletes, which Nederland dont have many of...  WB finished 9-! In district and return everyone...  Plus, the new coach at Nederland won't get more that what Flanagan is making now.  Neumann got a huge raise, remember?  The new coach won't make what neauman makes now...

They will come close to what Faircloth makes which is almost $10k more than the BISD coaches.  

Bisd has great athletes, but they don't know which school they will go to.  At Nederland a coach can start his program in middle school.  BISD doesn't have that luxury.  Plus you factor in what happened at the end of the year, I could see him wanting to get out of Beaumont.  

• Bigdog locked this topic